Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What makes good Armor

- - - - - armor good makes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I just rezzed a 2 year old thread about weapons so why not make one on Armor.
Everyone knows high Resists make good Armor but what else do you want on armor in general?

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
for me it's all about the lrc/mr/lmc. the things you can do now with armor for your stats is insane. I used to think it was a shame that we went to item based system but when I can get 95mana on a macer with RBC and HOI then I'm all for it. High resists/medable/with bonus in str/dex/int, these are only some of the reasons for insane prices for armor. I think I'll let others talk about HCI/DCI, skills buffs, RPD, the list goes on forever.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Artifacts make good armor =D

In general, "good armor" has:

- High resists (60+)
- Medability (but not mage armor, since that wastes a property)
- One or more of the following:
--+8 to a stat
--20% LRC
--8% LMC
--15% HCI/DCI

The best pieces are still leather armor crafted with a barbed kit. When Imbuing arrives, the definition of "good" armor will probably be upscaled drastically.

In my view, the devs are purposely making artifacts and high-end armor freely available to everyone through the latest content changes, to try and repair the damage done by AOS item properties. Champ Replicas, Imbuing, Faction Artifacts and improved Doom drops all point in this direction.

~M

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
i'm all about the regens on my armor. I need them for my war chars that run without focus. so it's all about the mr/lrc/lmc, I also like the items that have fc/fcr on them.
I always feel bad using a barbed kit. I'm like a kid with a dollar in a candy store, everytime i use the kit that's one less time I can use it. god I can't stand it.

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
For my mage (PvM) it's LRC (of course), LMC, MR. Resists doesn't play that much a role. Trying not to get too close to the enemy ;).
On my warrior I like high resists (of course), any +stat, and if possible some stat regeneration.
I agree, for most parts legendary-brk made leather armour is the best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
If you want that all-70's suit, you need 59 or more points average per piece. That takes an average of 2 mods, but usually 3, especially if you're using artifacts like fey leggings or armor of fortune which have no resists to speak of.

After that, depending on the character:
Mage:
LRC, LMC, MR, DCI, FC, FCR. All of those are vital to my mage suits Things like stats increase, mana, stamina or hit point increase are optional.

Samurai:
DCI, HCI, Stamina, dex, str, int, LMC and MR are all vital. Hit point increase is good to have too.

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I love my fey leggings, and I have become quite a fan or the brambler coat for the 25%RPD. The rest of the armor has to make up for the poor resists. Next time I see you online Farsight I'll have to have you take a look at my current suit to make sure I'm not leaving something open.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Most my armor is selfmade w/o a runic so I try the high resist with enhanced shields, weapons, and armor I have found as loot.

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
My issue with armor has to be the amount I need to cover all my characters and the various types of careers they have chosen, or is it, I have chosen. Now it is 12 and by SA 14. With all the rings etc I have stored, none less than +12 in a skill, and the importance of stats and mods I could spend real days, and have, going through and cataloging them. Resist is the main issue and leather for Mana Regen, but after that it really is character and skill specific. Feren wish you were on Cats I would hook you up.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Feren wish you were on Cats I would hook you up.

Thanks I appreciate the thought.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'm only keeping +15 jewelry anymore, or 1/3 pieces. The rest is patiently waiting to be unraveled. What a pain this item system has become!

~M

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Can an item be embued with more than 1 modification? Forgive me for asking something that may have been gone over before. More specifically, how many times can something be embued? I hope it is more than once and failure destroys the embued quality and not the piece itself.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Yes. I've forgotten how many properties are possible (4?), but it is definitely more than once.

*runs off to research a reference*

~M

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Reference: http://www.uoherald....lls/imbuing.php

The Imbuing skill allows player characters to imbue items with magical properties. The amount of skill determines how much magical power an artificer can imbue in an item.

So - it doesn't specifically say more than one. However, the inference is there. Additionally:

"With rare exceptions, imbued items will not be as powerful as loot dropped artifacts, but will be powerful enough to allow a skilled player to overcome the difference."

One property is probably not enough to approach artifact power levels.

*shrug* It's debatable, but the evidence can support the 'more than one' theory.

~M

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Hair Splitting a Dickens.... You could interprete properties as the skill to unravel multiple mods based upon level. 80 and below 1 mod, 90+ 2 mods of choice, 100 = 3 mods taken from a single unraveled item. Also, don't like this much, maybe there is a level to which you can't unravel: +8 Str is too high to unravel from a ring at 80 skill level.
Thanks Mag for the work and I tend to see this as you do. But I wish that were much more concrete and less open to perception.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armor, good, makes