Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Haven Quest (Dark Knight) Problem

- - - - - dark haven knight problem quest

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

covert

covert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I cannot recall on the rune Dawn has given me. It was a normal looking rune at first and now its a blackened rune and it tells me I cannot recall to that location at this time. :(

I was trying to get the Tutor Statuette for my other account (all of my slots were filled up on it).

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I have the same problem. For me, it occurred after I transferred skill points from a soulstone and then fizzled a recall spell targeting the rune.

Anyone know how to fix it?

~M

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Did you try to recall on the rune before?

The quest has been broken since the start. When you try to recall on the rune and fail (for whatever reason) the rune is "busted". It is not meant to be like that since the Dark Knight clearly states you can try several times until you defeat him... but still, it will be busted.

So you'd better have a very good recalling skill before you use the rune, or you might use recall scrolls.

No way to fix a busted rune I fear.
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
is it the same char that received it?

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Bummer. Looks like I broke my rune, then.

~M

covert

covert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yup. It looks like my character's rune was busted, too.

However, I made a couple of new character (50 magery, 40 eval, 30 meditation) and gave him a few items to help on mana conservation (and magery jewels) and I was able to clean his clock both times without any problems. I got my statue on the second time killing him.

:)

With the magery jewels and a recall scroll purchased (just for good measure; that tutorial is a pain after the first time) I was able to recall to his hold and fight him within 15 seconds of recalling.

These new player quests were enough of Kingdom Reborn for me. I may log into it when I do some crafting, but otherwise I think I'm sticking with 2D until Stygian Abyss is released.

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
you can train and fight him in 2D, you only need KR to get the rune.

on europa the statue is worth like 3-4M

Also I'd rather take 50 wrestling with 50 magery, so you dodge blows. You can buy all other skills to 40 anyway :)
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
how goo do yo have to be to kill him?

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

covert

covert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I don't know about melee characters. The two times I successfully killed him I was a mage (the other times I died was because I was trying to figure out why targeting my health bar wasn't healing me in KR). I didn't bother training the characters skills, the only skill that went up was my Focus because of the 10 dex I was passively regenerating a whole lot. :)

I put some magery jewelery on my new guy so I was able to cast Mindblast without fail and I'd keep blasting him until he went to heal and when he did I would poison him and let my mana regain. Heal when needed and don't let him hit you (he is pretty slow; horses outrun him very easily).

Laeo

Laeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I dont understand why I fail this quest all the time. I load up my char with 100% LRC and +Magery so i have 100% chance for mindblast. But most of the time the dark knight warps to me and I cant move and have to wait till he kills me and I am back outside. Back outside I sometimes can't move either and have to relog to be able to move.
Somehow I really start to hate KR even though I just started to try it out >.<

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Like they said: You only need KR to get the rune, not to fight him. Once you've got the rune, just kill him in 2d.

Unfortunately, I don't have any unused character slots anymore, which means I'll have to get a trial account or buy the Dark Knight statue...

Boo.

Unless...will a GM fix the rune?

~M

Chefb0yrg

Chefb0yrg

The Mac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Like they said: You only need KR to get the rune, not to fight him. Once you've got the rune, just kill him in 2d.

Unfortunately, I don't have any unused character slots anymore, which means I'll have to get a trial account or buy the Dark Knight statue...

Boo.

Unless...will a GM fix the rune?

~M

doubt it lol

Katherine

Katherine

Curator, Musuem of the Virtues

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Is this a character you are attached to? If not, you can soulstone any skills you want to keep (if that is an option) and then delete the character and create a new one exactly the same as the first. I had to do this to get my statue because I fizzled the recall and my rune went bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dark, haven, knight, problem, quest