Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Gah - think I lost stuff

- - - - - gah lost stuff

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

carlosjuero

carlosjuero

UO Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I had the client (KR) crash on me this morning and didn't log back in until now.

when the client crashed my Paladin was on his horse with his packhorse following, I had a few pick axes on the pack horse and was going to head down to the mine in the S of New Haven.

Logging back in my pack horse wasn't near me and wasn't in the stable - what happens to pets if not attended for a few hours? Do the disappear/lose ownership? Could my pack horse have been stolen some how? Or have I hit some sorta weird bug?

Kinda annoying seeing as how I paid 500+ G for the pack horse and a bit for the pick axes and stuff :/ - easily made up (though with having to tithe gold for spells it does get tight) but a little aggravating.

User error on my part?
Posted Image

carlosjuero

carlosjuero

UO Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ack - now I just got killed on my paladin while riding my horse; still shows up in my pet bar but I can't find it; do horses go bye bye when death occurs? If so then thats another few hundred gold (really gotta be careful fighting grizzly's)
Posted Image

Luna du Selene

Luna du Selene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Unbonded pets are gone forever upon death. If the horse you were riding was bonded, it's probably in the stables :)

carlosjuero

carlosjuero

UO Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Found my horse - he wandered quite a ways away and I chanced upon him by accident :D

What happens with pets when you go linkdead or crash? I didn't log back in after crashing for a few hours and my pack horse seems to be gone to the wind along with the stuff on him.
Posted Image

Luna du Selene

Luna du Selene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Since it wasn't in the stables, it's probably wandering around the area you were in when you crashed. It may or may not still be tame. I'd go to the area and spam "all follow me", unless it's heavily populated with players. :)

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Normally, pets will autostable if you logout. This is not the case, however, if it is a pack animal carrying something. They will remain in-game and eventually go wild. So if you want to logout, be sure to unload your pack animal first or you will most likely lose it. The exception to this is a blue beetle that you are riding. So long as you are mounted on it, you can log off even if it is carrying items.

Luna du Selene

Luna du Selene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Sablestorm is correct.. and I should be prevented from attempting to multitask, especially when one task is trying to be helpful in a forum ;)

carlosjuero

carlosjuero

UO Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks both of ya - guess my pack horse went wild and got taken by someone or just disappeared; wandered around trying the 'all follow me' but didn't do anything - not in my pet list anymore so I have to write him off.

Ah well, just a few hundred gold for a new pack horse and new mining equipment.

Kinda sucks that my 'vacation' ends tomorrow and I have to report back to Active Duty at Fort Sill, OK - don't know what sorta internet connection I will have there. Hopefully there will be at least something so I can get in the game - I figure the 2D client should work well with low bandwidth, the KR might even too [my other MMO's don't like low bandwidth]

Heres to a happy and successful new year to you all, and heres to hoping that I will be able to get back in the game soon; most likely going to take this up as my second MMO (I am a Lifetime Founder/Beta Tester for LotRO and wouldn't leave it forever if I was paid to do so ;)) - that means dropping CoH, WoW, and DDO but I haven't touched those games in a while so no loss (besides some vet reward time for CoH - the rewards after the point I am at now are kinda bleh anyway).

Take care and thanks again for the help!
Posted Image

Luna du Selene

Luna du Selene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Sorry you didn't find your packy... I'd go ahead and buy another one, feed it, stable it.. and in approximately 7 days, take if out of the stable & feed it again and it'll be bonded. Then, it won't be lost forever if you crash or die.

Best of wishes to you and thank you for serving our country :) :grouphug:

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
If you need a quick gold boost, go hand out in the twisted weald and loot swoop gold that people leave behind! You can also lure the Changelings down to the faeire spawn. Also, people are frequently killing cu sidhes and leaving all sorts of gold on the corpses.

~M

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Thanks both of ya - guess my pack horse went wild and got taken by someone or just disappeared; wandered around trying the 'all follow me' but didn't do anything - not in my pet list anymore so I have to write him off.

Something to remember...Open your Stats, Resists, etc. gump and you will see "Followers" and a number. The number shows the number of pet "slots" you currently have out of the stable (whether the pet is right next to you or many servers away). The max number of pet slots per char is 5. Your horse and pack horse are both one slot pets. So if you see Followers = 1 then one of them is dead. If Followers = 2, they are both alive...somewhere!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gah, lost, stuff