Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What template does the Shield of Invulnerability aid?

- - - - - aid invulnerability shield template

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I recently acquired one of these shields and was wondering if it is something a mage benefits more from than other skill types? As with many 'arties' there seems to be some templates that can really use a particular item, while it is useless for others. Thanks for your input! :)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Yes, you definitely see it more on the mage than the warrior.

Looking at the benifits:
Physical resist: Good for mage armors which often lack in physical resist
Reflect physical damage: not good for anyone really.
Spell channeling, no penalty: great for the mage.
Defense chance increase: great for anyone. Seriously, if you have a character who isn't maxxed out on DCI, then your character needs to improve his armor.

So the DCI is good for anyone, and the physical resist is good for anyone. The spell channelling makes it especially good for a mage (but not as good as arcane shield or vesper chaos shield, but that's a different story).

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Shield of Invulnerability was the new shield of choice, until they created the Chaos Shield as part of the Vesper Museum rewards. Now, that one is the bee's knees.

Incidentally, the Obsidian Shields (from the Vanguard) are pretty darn good when enhanced with Valorite. I have three, all of which started with max or near max stats.

It rules for a warrior. Has somthing like 26 resist, total.

~M

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Personally, I prefer a regular SC shield with 13-15 DCI on it that I have enhanced. That is my usual choice for my mages. I'd rather have the 7-11 extra resists spread out and tailored for the suit rather than one resist and the reflect physical. Just my preference. But yes, they make fine shields for mages/tamers/bards.

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
DCI, huh? I should probably get some of that for my fighter. I think my total DCI right now is... zero.

Might explain a lot, actually. ;)

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

DCI, huh? I should probably get some of that for my fighter. I think my total DCI right now is... zero.

Might explain a lot, actually. ;)

LOL. Yeah, you want as much DCI as you can get. The game caps your DCI at 45, and for PvM that is fine. However, for PvP, you want to stack as much DCI as you can, so that when (not IF hehe) you get hit with Hit Lower Defense and it's 25 point hit to DCI, you are still capped at 45 even after that. Obviously, this isn't always possible, but most folks try to get as much as they can within the constraints of their suit/playstyle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aid, invulnerability, shield, template