Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming Question - A giant rat

- - - - - giant question rat taming

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
O_O

Oh my gosh...Is that... is that the Queen Mary?! 3 Funnels! I see 3 Funnels! Oo! Do tell me! What ship am I seeing blurry there in the distance?!

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Thats the Queen Mary, I took it the other day when I was at the beach in Long Beach. You had said you wanted to come to Long Beach to see her. Hope you like it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Wait you live there in California?! Oh my gosh that has to be the most amazing site to approch a gental giant like her! Oh man she was amazing in her time... I wish I could have seen the ole gal in action. Seeing her at sea over coming all the challenges and the trial had out laying for the Queen Mary and over comed them all. A ship like her deserves so much and she was a insignia of hope for Britain back during the Great Crash on the stock market or whatever it was called. The British government finally funded for her completion when she sat years as just a skeletal framing gathering rust... they scrapped it all off and contuined and... man so glad they did that. It was a risk but defintally was a risk I think that helped some of the people... people still needed help to get acrossed the Ocean for whatever reasons...

To be in your shoes and to stand in her presents must be an amazing feeling that over comed you. To see the Queen Mary right before you!! Man... Cabe not everyone can be so lucky... I mean... that is totally mind blowing to me.

To me a ship is like a person... heck any mechanical critter. I have told this to Adam when he got into ship discussion. A ship born into the world as just a metal in the Earth harvested out and transformed into a huge and big thing like a ship... the ore is like a cell in a living critter the cells work togeather and become a complexed critter. For ships diffrent types of metal is on them serving diffrent purposes like in our body diffrent tissues for diffrent functions in our body... And them being crafted by man, I would believe they get half thier personallity from them. They are suttle sense they can not move or talk like us of course but just what they do in ways of sailing how well everything works inside them. Showing a healthy ship with very little mechanical problems and how well they take on the sea... yes engineers have alot to do with it. They are like Medical Doctors or Vetinary for them! Know how everything works and moves... what it does and stuff like that.

That gal defintally loved her humans and wanted to show her best at all times. I can just see it from reading all the articals I read about her... She wouldn't go down without a fight... in the war haha. Fastest tail rudder to be seen in her days! Reports in the war saying that the "Grey Ghost" escaped or out runned them. And I think there was one time though the Germans thought the Grey Ghost was sunk... boy was they wrong haha! A rogue she was but a "good" one and as big and tall as she was... she was so sneaky... oh so very sneaky Bwhaha! She is talented and her Captain must have been totally proud of her! I Know alot of them Captains of many ships are very attached to thier mechanical critters.. especailly the one who helmed Britannic when I read that article... He was so devistated and so was the one who helmed Olympic. (Oh god do not get me started on her... my absolute favorite ship!)

Err hmm I spammed this thread to death with shipness... ehh hehe well just skip over me and just get "I like ships" just to summarize all that gibberish I tyed above

Edit: And where are my manners! Thank you so much for that picture Cabe! ^_^ *hugs Cabe Bedlam!*

Yes, I know I am weird >_<

http://www.lostliner...Mary/index.html <-- Queen Mary

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: giant, question, rat, taming