Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming Question - A giant rat

- - - - - giant question rat taming

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Okay I see people with dragons, and unicorns, higher hyrus or however you spell it and several other "high taming" npc's...

I am strange and want a Giant Rat as a perment pet... I know thier resistance is not so good but can a rat get up to max like a dragon or something could or even normal animals like pigs, goats, small birds also max out like dragons? Or do they stop are a certain point and never reach dragon max? Because I think they need to be 100 100 100 in something... sorry very new at this but I just want to make sure I am sinking time into something that is worth it... I think a giant rat be an awesome compaion for me sense I LOVE rats in real life!

UO Stratics has me a little worried http://uo.stratics.c...=hunters&id=191
It says there there maxes and none of them say 100 like a dragons would =( Unless that is just spawn maxes and taming pet maxes are diffrent

I am more than likely getting things confused like normal hehe

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Yeah, the maxes listed in the Hunters Guide are the max that a creature will spawn with.

Any animal you tame will be able to get to GM in any skill that they spawn with and all animals spawn with Wrestling, Tactics, Anatomy, and Magic Resistance.

When ML came out, alot of people were training up their Ferrets and Squirrels to 4xGM and said that they did quite well...

As with all pets, try to find one with the best resitances that you can find and feed and then stable for a week-10 days to get the bonding process over with before you take it out to train it!

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I am sure the giant rat isn't the best of resistance pets but... I love ratatooies! *hugs her real life rats!*

I will have another one with crazy resistances one of these ole days when I get better with it and thanks Kettle!

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I was working with Jaina today (waiting for my rat) and I am wondering about something her skills in wrestling and such is actually prety good but it seems she is only hitting for 5 to 6 points are rarely hitting for 10 damage to the creature. Is there something else that needs to be higher in order for her to hit harder or is it because she "is" a llama?

Here is a Screenshot of her "animal lore"

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I used to have a chicken named Tyson for cock fights, he was 3xgm and had like 70hp. He was one bad mofo!!! You can tame anything up to decent status. It got its but handed to it by anything worth while, but it was still awesome to be running around with a badass chicken..

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Once STR, Tactics, and Anat get up, so will the damage dealt.

Obviously, itll never hit for huge damage, but it will certainly be higher than 10...

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Ahh okay so it is just her str is much to low... that is what has been going up the slowest.

Is there higher damaging pets? (lol I would hope so sense I am giving bow up for pet taming, lore, and vetinary)

-Cricket Korta'Ari-
Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Youll see that stats go nowhere real quick until you max out the pets skills. oull get a few points here and there, but once they GM skills, the stats fly on up.

As far more damaging pets, heck yes! For non-magery pets, I think that Hiryus and....omg! I cant remember what the self-healing wolves are called! Cu Sidhe (had to go look it up :( ) but those two are probably the highes damage dealers.

Then for castting pets, theres White Wyrms and Rune Beetles. I favor the Rune Beetle for the poisoning that they have...

Posted Image

Kelder

Kelder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I have a general question - how can i tame monsters? They start to attack immediatly, and so there is no chance for taming. It there some option to stop them from attacking?

vanator

vanator

Mage / Tamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
kelder:

If you want a monster to stop attacking you, inviz is the fastest way I know of. As for taming them, set a macro for taming and last target. I use shift Z for taming and “X” for last target.
Then stay one step ahead of them as you tame them. They will chase you all over until they accept you.
......:5hi:
:hello:

Kelder

Kelder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Yu mean start to tame and than run away? The problem is that taming is impossible during combat. Most time i just kill the animal before any chance for taming. Maybe there is an option to cancel the autoreply for attack?

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Your from the Atlantic shard! I am a bard (mostly) so if you want me to peacemaking something let me know (unless it is high skill leveled) then I can not peacemake them quite yet =P I am getting there though!

Aye, if you hit them once even just punching them... they get angered and interuptes the taming... you just hit your macro tame button and run aread of them by one square because if to far away then that will also interupt the taming. Well it can be a little more than 1 square away but.. be close but ahead of them and tame and run around like that until they accept you... sometimes you got to do this. Oh yeah disarm your weapon if you do any sort of weapons so you do not kill the creatur your trying to tame.

Again if you need help let me know I will meet up with yeah and try to help you with the taming, I am not like "Pro" at this but I am sure we can get a critter for yeah ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Here is a SUREFIRE way of getting a tame everytime.

1. disarm yourself
2. setup your macros, last skill, last target
3. stay ahead of the animal and lead tame (meaning stay 1 or 2 steps ahead of them but dont get ahead too far or else you will get the you are too far blah blah)
4. If you want a 100% chance of not really getting hit, build up your honor to atleast follower of honor. Then honor yourself, they will not attack you much or not at all.

I never trust bards myself, you never know when its not peaced anymore, most dont let you know, and let you find out the hard way. I got myself up to 120 tame, lore vet without the use of a bard helping me ever. you just gotta figure it out and you will be set. Best thing to practice a lead tame on is a swamp dragon. they are agressive, but not bad enough to hurt you too much. Great practice!!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I've watched my bf tame a lot of critters. He gets their hp real low, and then he paralyzes them, so they stay put, then he starts taming.

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Sorry for bring an older thread back to life but why make a new one when this one already exist? Not about Giant rats this time though ^_^

I have a question about the
Posted Image
I finally got one to bond with me. I got her out and went to hunt with her and she will NOT heal herself with her own magic. Is there any reason why she will not? Because when she was untamed she would heal herself and turn into a human at times too. What is this fox capable of because I want to know what she can do and can not do so I know how to go about hunting with the gal. She seems sweet but she will not heal herself even though she did when she was untamed. Maybe she isn't suppose too but that is strange sense she gots pretty high magery

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
I once had a Mongbat I named Harry Potter. I didn't have the patience to train him up. I think I will try again. Would be cool to have a tough Har...err, Mongbat. I tried to tame an elf so I could name it Hermione...but, it wouldn't tame.

blue dahlia

blue dahlia

lake superior 5yr vet.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
i beat dragons down with vortexes untill they`re about dead and try to get away then mass dispel.... cast paralize and try to tame.i`m not good with making macros so this way of doing works for me.how do you set a spam tame macro on uo assist?
blue dalia-tamer/mage
o`bannon-legendary warrior
knitha-pally/warrior
snip- bard/peacer
blue voodoo-mule
ratfink-theif/excess skill holder.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Heya HMS, still have the rat???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Sure do! Why so? I love for him to follow me around when I am not doing anything big... he is squishy =P

Heya HMS, still have the rat???

HMS? Woo! I would never consider myself an HMS that would be quite a compliment though! Thanks! =D

(Royal Navy) HMS His/Her Majesty's Ship/Submarine

That would make me a warrior... a strong and sturdy spirit and one to take life when it decides to turn and show it's unpleasent experiences... takes alot of iron nerves to be one and I am a squishy one in real life haha. Very emotional on my end... I wish I can consider myself an HMS! ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-

Attached Thumbnails

• Banit the giant rat.jpg

Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Well, I consider you an HMS!!! I'll put a word out to the queen, oh and I have somethin for yah, though its kinda blurry...
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: giant, question, rat, taming