Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need help with necro/mage pvp desperately

- - - - - desperately necro or mage pvp

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kr0Nikxx6

Kr0Nikxx6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a necro mage pvp template and im having trouble with combos?
my template is
120 mage
120 necro
120 eval int
120 spirit speak
120 resist spells
120 meditation

any suggestions on spell combos

Kr0Nikxx6

Kr0Nikxx6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
awee not one reply :'[

Deadshot

Deadshot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I'm bad at playing mages, even just pvm, so I can't really give you any advice...but you might get more responses if you post this in the pvp forum.

Good Luck!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Spell combos?

- Mini-heal is your friend
- Curse ends a lot of fights if the cursee has no resist. Ditto for paralyze.
- Corpse skin + explode + flamestrike
- Poison + strangle
- In general, fast spells are better than slower, more powerful spells. In general - not always. Your goal is to interrupt healing and offensive casting while still doing enough damage to punch through 70/70/70/70/70.

Keep in mind: I'm speaking as the ooOOoOOee not the OOooOooer. But these are the combos that kill me.

You really want to ask this in the PvP forum.

~M

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
All good comments so far. It depends on what you're going to be doing with the character, spawns with a group, field fights, 1v1....all will have different approaches. I'm not very good on a mage, but for spawning, have macro keys for fields, withers, strangle, and heals...your mates will depend on you to help xheal them. For field fights, the evil omen/para/corpse/explode/flamestrike is one I have casted (and eaten lol) many times. For 1v1, as Mag mentioned, think small fast spells as disruptors. Trying for the big hitters just gets you dead faster. That means magic arrow, harm, weaken, poison, corpse skin, evil omen, and perhaps poison. You'll learn to work them to set the person up for the big finish, which would be the strangles, flamestrikes, explosion and such, but you don't want to cast that right away.

Just as importantly as spells is your suit. Really, it's uncommon to find a necro anymore running without a mage weapon, crystalline ring and inquisitor's, so they have a weapons skill. Also max out your DCI with them as well to help against dexxers. Try to go one handed so you can chug, so if you don't do a one handed mage weap then use only a book or shield, not both. I'm the oddball, I still don't have a mage weapon (mostly 'cause I'm adverse to the price tag for a good one lol) so I just carry a book, no shield. I don't even need the book for fc/fcr or lmc, but I just like the look. Pots are your friend.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

That means magic arrow, harm, weaken, poison, corpse skin, evil omen, and perhaps poison.

:laugh:

Poison much, jfk?

Here's another thought: If you plan to field fight, you'll probably want 80 poisoning. 120 Magery + 80 poisoning = deadly poison fields.

~M

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
LOL, my bad. Shouldn't post in the morning hehe. I actually DON'T poison all the much, truth be told. I am partial to EO and Para though lol.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Poison gets depressing when you're fighting orange petal eaters or Vampires.

~M

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
But it used to be so much fun at the bank. Trap box anyone?

Viper09

Viper09

Empty Night

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hmm, well my favorite would be corpse skin + strangle + poison + pain strike

Could also try corpse skin + evil omen + poison + strangle + pain strike

Poison at close range has a chance of leading to a more effective poison especially with evil omen

Nice thing about pain strike aside from the temp damage is that it's lowers the stam so it can really add up and lead to more damage from spells. Not to mention its fast cast time. You could even chain cast it a couple times to disrupt healing or spell or simply to just lower their stam to the point of them not being able to run. And with strangle, it is really effective if the target has low stam which would mean doing more damage. Strangle btw deals poison damage.

But as a necro corpse skin will be your ally as it lowers fire resist. Added with the additional help you will get from curse, just load in with fire and poison spells.
Patience my kitty, the world shall soon be ours.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Pain Spike is fantastic against people trying to put up a fight but not used to a Fel ruleset. Perfect example: Mage Tamers with bonzo mana and hitpoints and less that 25 dexterity.

Trust me, I know.

*rubs bruises*

~M

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
i think evil omen / para lasts 6 seconds. feels like it anyway. thats
enough time to get x fielded and blasted.

small greifing spells are the best at outset. as long as your disrupting your opponent you have the advantage.

precasting a gheal if you see kal vas flam above your opponents head is a good move too.

my advise to you is to duel a guildmate as often as possible. timing is everything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desperately, necro or mage, pvp