Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Wagons Ho!!!!

- - - - - ho wagons

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Just a thought!
What would be nice to have is a wagon! Not all guilds allow exotic pet usage, mainly the role-play guilds. The wagon could be all the placement of a small forge and/or anvil so it could be used like a fire beetle! It would have the storage of a packhorse! But to move it you must hook it to a horse or packhorse in the all follow mode otherwise it just sets there! If the draft horse is killed, then the wagon stays in place until another horse can be used! This way we, the role-players can enjoy the benefits of mining without the odd pets! Were a pretty tuff lot, doing the Events set by UO, with just GM made armor and weapons! It would be nice to see something done for us, the non-arty wear/using players! After all this is a role-playing game, or at lest it was!

Thanks

Edward Striker
Citizen of Cove
(Europa Shard, BoC)

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I concur!

Kariny Stormsong

Kariny Stormsong

P-DOUBLE O-P-ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationLake Superior
This last round of Town Halls I was fortunate enough to get some questions in. One was the possibility of wagons similar to gypsy wagons.

Unfortunately I recieved the standard reply. Not in the plans in the near future.

One can keep poking and prodding though. We did get EM's back. It's possible they may reconsider this option since it's not a full portable house.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
I have been hoping for something like this for years. Perhaps its slower (can only move at the typical walking pace) and cannot be used with recalls, but could transport multiple players sitting on it (like a boat).

It would be something neat to use in an in-character parade.

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I would love to have wagons. In Ultima 7 you could! Hitch it to two horses, and it would take 5 pet slots, for example?

Elaine

Elaine

The Poison Pixie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
I was talking about this with someone earlier, and came up with another idea for it. For moving you could use mechanics similar to the boats; you'd be giving the commands to the horses / drafting pets, basically. Maybe make each turn a quarter turn though or something to allow better navigation. You could add in a "hold", and have an area to add benches for seating. Perhaps you could use a sort of chicken coop / stabling system to add horses, the cart becoming navigable and changing the graphic when it is "full"? If the eighth turns are too difficult, it would certainly be possible to do it all with quarter turns. You could even do that fast / slow commands as with boats. The pracibility and nice roleplay opportunities would certainly compensate for jerky movements, in my opinion.

Posted Image