Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A question about soulstone skill transfer if I may.

- - - - - question skill soulstone transfer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I'd just like to ask if anybody knows if it's possible to take a 110 or 120 skill from a soul stone by an character on your account that's never used a power scroll to raise their skill cap to either 110 or 120 and still have the full skill apply? Or will it be transferred and capped back down to 100? Thanks in advance.

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
I believe it's capped at whatever the character can take at the time the stone is used - so trying to transfer 120 skill from a stone to a character who has only read a 110 scroll would result in losing the remaining 10 points, and a 'default' character who has never read any powerscrolls would cap at 100, and in this example 20 points would be lost.

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I believe it's capped at whatever the character can take at the time the stone is used - so trying to transfer 120 skill from a stone to a character who has only read a 110 scroll would result in losing the remaining 10 points, and a 'default' character who has never read any powerscrolls would cap at 100, and in this example 20 points would be lost.

Thanks for clearing that up Aurelius:)

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Fortunately, the stone will warn you if you attempt to transfer 120 points to a less-than-120-scrolled character.

In fact, it might not even let you do it.

~M

Darkstar

Darkstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Fortunately, the stone will warn you if you attempt to transfer 120 points to a less-than-120-scrolled character.

In fact, it might not even let you do it.

~M

It won't I tried before :)

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Yep. The character MUST be scrolled to the level on the stone or it will not allow the transfer to take place.

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Yep. The character MUST be scrolled to the level on the stone or it will not allow the transfer to take place.

Well there you go, I'm out of date again (as usual!) - I know originally it would let you try and lose the skill points, as I learned to my cost :'( Glad to see they've fixed it since!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, skill, soulstone, transfer