Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Crimson Cincture - great for PvP... How about PvM?

- - - - - cincture crimson great pvm pvp

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Hi all. I have always seen the CC billed as the ultimate PvP item. Since I am one of the cowards who focus on Trammel, how useful is the CC in PvM? I mean, of course extra stat boosts are good, but is it something that makes or breaks a successful character as implied by vendors promoting it for PvP?

17 million is a bit pricey if the gain is moderate for the PvM application.

Of course, if anyone wants to sell me one for a slightly used candy cane, I'd be willing to barter you down to a piece of chocolate, lol.

Thanks for the insight!

EDIT: Seeing as how the CC takes up an otherwise unused slot (I believe), I was wondering... are there other stat-boosting items that fit in that slot?

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
The CC is the only non-EM item that fills that slot and gives stat/hp bonuses. I have seen pics of others, but they were all extremely rare. I consider the CC to be the single best arti in game, useful by virtually every character template and play style. It is an item that every one of my PvM and PvP characters wear. I wouldn't not have it if I could afford to own one.

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Looks like I need to start collecting me some gold. :) Thanks!

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Looks like I need to start collecting me some gold. :) Thanks!

Also, since you're into PvM anyway, hook up with some Peerless runs...Stand a chance at just getting one.

Crimson Dragons have them too.

-Galen's player

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I would have died five times today if not for the extra boost the CC gave. How do I know, well, past champ spawn experience prior to getting one and how I survived today is a good measure.

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Also, since you're into PvM anyway, hook up with some Peerless runs...Stand a chance at just getting one.

Crimson Dragons have them too.

-Galen's player

You know, this is a very good point. I have been hobbling along solo for too long. My problem is that I am 'ok' by myself. Working with groups though... I am not quick on the draw, and I don't communicate well. I need to work on these skills so I can be a help and not a hindrance...

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
My issue with groups is I tend to be more supportive, healing and rezzing while others are grabbing and getting. Still a very cool guy gave me a seed of life he stole because I healed him. That was very cool. Name was Mack I believe and if he reads this, thanks.

Caffeine

Caffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
Most experiences I have with groups at peerless are typically positive. As long as you contribute and try to help get the keys, most help you when needed and also offer invite to boss. Just reciprocate the invite when you get the keys.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
You don't *need* a CC, but it sure does help.

Mortae, if you have a stealth tamer you can easily get the Travesty Keys yourself. Then, you can pick and choose friends to accompany you. With experience, you'll find you can do it with three accounts without much trouble.

Don't bring a character with discord or peace, though.

~M

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Mortae, I know from where you come. When I'm with my mage I tend to heal and res more then doing damage. It's a real pity that you don't get any "support-points". That would actually encourage people to work together.
CC is the money worth, imho. Well, depends on the shard. Here on Europa we pay like 17.5-19.5mill. As stated earlier, it is the only apron which gives any benefits. Until now :).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cincture, crimson, great, pvm, pvp