Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

DEVS: A Christmas Request

- - - - - christmas devs request

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Hello All!

Even though I have not yet begun to claim my gifts, I read here that - once again - there are oodles of holiday cards to collect, each with one of 70 different Developer names.

I am puzzled by this apparent contradiction: First, we have Spring Cleaning 2008 to eliminate scads of these sorts of things, then the team turns right around and creates new ones.

Perhaps in the future, there could be a way to combine all of the cards into a single recognition plaque. Once a player collected all 70 cards, he/she could turn them in or combine them to create a nice item to hang on a house wall.

Thoughts?

~M

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Excellent!

Darkstar

Darkstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I like that

Zilvra

Zilvra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ooo Fabulous idea.
"Feel me, I crawl inside your veins
Give in, consuming what remains
I am, the one that you adore
You know, that you've been here before"

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
not bad but, how about a player made plaque (using carpentry) that you can add cards into, for those people that do not get all the cards, they can still display the ones the got. Kind of like how aquariums are viewable maybe?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Some good ideas here. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I like Warsong's twist, too.

~M

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Those are both awesome ideas. Maybe something like Warsongs, but with a special bonus for collecting all seventy? Essentially a combination of the two.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Gah, just apply for part of the creative team at Ea/Mythic already and put these idea's into action!!!

Seriously though, sounds like a great idea!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Gah, just apply for part of the creative team at Ea/Mythic already and put these idea's into action!!!

Seriously though, sounds like a great idea!

Can't absorb that kind of a pay cut, I'd say. Plus, I'd have to sell my house and move and we all know what THAT market looks like right now...

Appreciate the vote of confidence, though. :)

(ahem...postcount +1)

~M

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
I'm thinking scrapbook ...

All of us probably have collected a lot of keepsake cards over the years, pumpkins with peoples names long gone, the first coins I ever begged, the first level 6 map I did, etc.

It would be nice to be able to assemble a finite number of these things into a scrapbook that you could keep and allow others to flip through.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: christmas, devs, request