Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

I would like to get back into UO

- - - - - back uo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Killah

Killah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have played UO from 1997 to 2002. I have played other Multi-Player games like WOW but would like to try it again now that I have more time. How much has UO changed since 2002? Is it still PVP or mostly factions? Are the skills the same with the same caps?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Welcome to uoforums, Killah

We don't allow discussions of free shards here, I'm afraid

Player Run Shards: Advertising, naming and posting pictures from free shards, is not allowed. Conceptual discussion of free shards is aok though.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts

I have played UO from 1997 to 2002. I have played other Multi-Player games like WOW but would like to try it again now that I have more time. How much has UO changed since 2002? Is it still PVP or mostly factions? Are the skills the same with the same caps?

UO has changed quite a bit since 2002.

There is still plenty of PVP around. factions were dead until publish 56 which has brought a resurgance into Factions and PVP.

There are a good number of added skills. Spellweaving, Ninjitsu, Bushido, etc.

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Welcome to the forums, a lot has changed for good and for ill, but it still holds a special place in my heart!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Killah

Killah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Do they still have Felucca and Trammel cause I only played in Felucca? I am more concerned in PVP than in killing monsters and dungeons. Just curious if it's still fun to play...

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Yep, still a Fel and a Tram. They've also revamped factions, to get more non pvpers pvping I think. I haven't actually tried it out yet, but I'm sure someone here could explain it better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
come back and give it a try

Killah

Killah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I might, when I stopped playing it was the 3rd dawn expansion but I never really got into that. I am sure they got many more expansions since then. It would be a pain to learn everything... Is the skill cap at 700 and stats at 225?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
depends ;) skillcap is raised by 5 points for every year of your accounts age - up to 720. Stat cap is still 225, but gets a 5 point raise after 6 month of account age and can be raised by special, hard to get scrolls up to another 25 points.

also the cap for some skills can be raised to 120 (Legendary) with scrolls of power.

if you stumble across phrases or names you're familiar with, try searching for them at www.uoguide.com - might make it a lot easier for you to catch up :)

btw. which shard do you intend to play on?

Killah

Killah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

depends ;) skillcap is raised by 5 points for every year of your accounts age - up to 720. Stat cap is still 225, but gets a 5 point raise after 6 month of account age and can be raised by special, hard to get scrolls up to another 25 points.

also the cap for some skills can be raised to 120 (Legendary) with scrolls of power.

if you stumble across phrases or names you're familiar with, try searching for them at www.uoguide.com - might make it a lot easier for you to catch up :)

btw. which shard do you intend to play on?

I always played on Atlantic. It would suck starting off with no help, it will take a lot longer to 7GM. I would have to make a money maker character first... How is Atlantic now a days?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi Killah,

Welcome to UOF!

Training up a char doesn't take that long these days, not like it used to... in fact depending on the char, you could have one trained up in a matter of a few days to a week. Atlantic is the most populated shard in UO... so plenty of people to play with.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Killah

Killah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi Killah,

Welcome to UOF!

Training up a char doesn't take that long these days, not like it used to... in fact depending on the char, you could have one trained up in a matter of a few days to a week. Atlantic is the most populated shard in UO... so plenty of people to play with.

Well, do mages still own?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Well, do mages still own?

Well that depends on who you ask. ;) My view is that any template can own, but it depends on how you build your chars template... template being both skills -and- items. There are some template guides here on UOF.

With so many skills and items in the game now, the most successful chars are really hybrid types... like sampires, a combination of a samurai and a necromancer. Skill sets matter, but so do items... what you outfit your char with depending on those skills, can make that same char more successful in one situation (say a champ spawn) then less successful in another situation (say PvP).

Chars are very specialized these days... with LOTS of possible combos.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, uo