Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Snow is Back in Yew!!!

- - - - - back snow yew

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
If you log on there is a patch update, guess the gifts are here soon. And the snow is on the ground. Love it!!

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
My comp hates the updates. won't patch without reloading uo on the comp. I have tried everything. Not reloading till 57 comes out.

Nikko

Nikko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
is this snow you speak of in yew only for the KR client?

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
No I run the 2D. I have tried to use KR but have too many simple issue with it that I don't use it now.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
This is pretty bad, where is it messing up during patch?

My comp hates the updates. won't patch without reloading uo on the comp. I have tried everything. Not reloading till 57 comes out.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Excellent! I was wondering when it would start snowing. Ugh we got 5 inches today in Chicago! I prefer my snow in YEW, not in Chicago :)

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
well unfortunately I'm not at home but the error seems to occur towards the end of the application stage of the patch session. I get an error and it says that I can hit cancel or ok. Since cancel does nothing, I click ok and do my thing till it effects gameplay. If you remember the Invasion in moonglow before this latest one (the huge crator in moonglow where that gate used to be) I could not participate in that one till I unisnstalled and reinstalled UO then I coule see everything. Someone called it a win32 virus but i have yet to be able to clear it from system and have tried everything i know of to do so. tough stuff.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
And even better than snow in Yew: my spouse agreed to log on and claim all my Christmas gifts on Sonoma while I'm deployed. Fourteen bundles of happiness for me!

I thought about asking for all of my characters to be briefly woken, but I figured that would be pushing it.

Yay for a loving spouse.

~M

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Forgive me Daft1 but it could help if you mentioned what OS (Operating System: ie: MAC X, Win XP) your running. If Win what service pack you are up to and whether you have Norton running in back ground. It may not help you at all and ultimately you may have to re-install, but there are some things you may be able to try prior to re-installing the game. ALso do you have the newest version for UO? I know these questions can be infuriating still, in my experience, without knowing the simple stuff people tend to overwork the problem when they don't have to. You may not have a virus but that doesn't mean your software is not interpretating your UO Client Updates as a virus.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Also, be sure to check some of the often over-looked things like your hard drive isn't close to being full. If you're not sure whether you havee a virus or not, that is something I would figure out asap. Get an anti-virus package, make sure it's up to date and scan your computer. It's not only your UO password that could be at stake, but all your personal info like bank account, credit card numbers, etc.

Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir

Reporter/Librarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
There is NO snow in the KR client despite a huge patch.. One again the newer client is left out in the cold (ha) while 2D gets all the love... Although when you see how HIDEOUS and poorly done the classic holiday tree is in KR, not having snow might be a good thing.

Its little wonder so few people adopted the client since EA is so lax in supporting it... Doesn't really bode well for the SA client. :'(

*grumbles*

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Wow, this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about 2D gettin all the love. I've lugged out most of my Christmas Joy, The reindeer and sled are out, set up the Christmas tree and stockings. I'd add snow to the tiling, but I hate having to sort out the lock downs that stuck in the moving crate. My house is just under the maze and it looks awesome covered in snow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, snow, yew