Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Buying And Selling?

- - - - - buying selling

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ttomm46

ttomm46

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Being fairly new and starting in Haven..where can I buy armor and weapons?.Bandages?..Also sell some of the stuff I've been collecting:reye

Kariny Stormsong

Kariny Stormsong

P-DOUBLE O-P-ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationLake Superior
I wish I had a picture to show the location of her house. I shop at Kayla's K-laMart.
The prices are resonable and she carries a huge assortment of goods.

The Salty Daemon in Tel Ruid is another good shop. Crimson's Sweet Shop is another that has a huge variety of items.

Bluntman and Cronic drop runes all over Luna and moongates.

Usually check moongates or banks for runes to shops. Try to avoid the Luna for actuall shopping since prices are drastically inflated most of the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
In the very beginning of life in UO, before I could afford GM armor, I would buy and sell at the various NPC vendors. If you right click the NPC, options come up to do various things and buy and sell are part of them. In selling items what you can sell will appear in another gump that lists the various items you can sell with that vendor. When raising skills I made a bunch of gold selling raw meat to the butchers and hides to the tanner. Since I was training on deer and stags for fencing and swords I made out as my strenght built up. It kept me from asking for handouts and in a matter of hours I had better skills and could afford better armor and weps from player vendors. I also collected lots of wool from the sheep in Yew pens and having a bunch of wool I spent time on the spinning wheel getting balls of yarn and making them into bolts of cloth. They go for over 100gp per. Good Luck Hoped I helped. I could also cut the bolts and create hundreds of bandaids.

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Welcome to Sonoma ttomm, I play Sonoma and would be glad to show you around. If you havent met the people from HELP they are very nice and usually hang out in Haven. Let me know your character name and time you play n I'll be glad to come see ya. I hang out in Haven as Nyne Won-Won or Alice sometimes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

If you right click the NPC, options come up to do various things and buy and sell are part of them.

Hehe, left click. ;) Or say "Vendor Buy" or "Vender Buy"
"Vendor Sell" or "Vender Sell" work as well.

I also collected lots of wool from the sheep in Yew pens and having a bunch of wool I spent time on the spinning wheel getting balls of yarn and making them into bolts of cloth. They go for over 100gp per. Good Luck Hoped I helped. I could also cut the bolts and create hundreds of bandaids.

Yes, the sheeps and the wool. Don't use yew pens, too few sheep, head to old haven by the farm huts.

Shear them, then kill them to get them to respawn with fresh wool. You get more wool shearing them before they die. =)

Also, if you're able, don't forget to make your bolts in new haven and take them to luna to sell at the tailor's shop there, where the vendors will pay you more for them [since players buy a lot of bolts of cloth in luna, they cost more, and vendors will pay more to buy them from you].

EDIT- for bandaids, attack the bolts with scissors [using the scissors on a bolt works, too], but don't cut too much cloth into bandaids when you're close to your maximum weight, as the pile of freshly cut bandaids will drop below you [free for anyone to pick up].

Once you get reasonably decent skills going [and an ok suit of armor] you can go to the ilshenar compassion moongate, and kill rat archers for the arrows. Arrows on player vendors, I've seen running from 16gp each and up. Apparently arrows are worth more than gold these days, which is no surprise considering how many archers there are.

Just the other day from heading to ilshenar and fighting centaurs, I looted over 4,000 arrows. Definitely no need to buy any =).

Hope that helps, and remember, do the new player quests for the skills you're wanting, because they'll get you to 50 much faster than the traditional manner. 50 Healing is a breeze with the haven quests.

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Ooops left click hehehe.

Although there are three to four sheep pens in Yew and if you do the sheep shear and kill, then go to the next pen repeat, etc, it ends up being the same spawn rate there. I would have suggested Delucia, but no gate to it. I remember running from Brit to Yew and killing every animal to collect raw ribs etc just to sell at butcher, these kids today don't know how hard it was years ago. Advance characters heh in my time you had to pay real cash before you could buy the skills from an NPC.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
If you're looking for crossbow bolts, kill the Meer Captains not far from those ratmen in Ilshenar.

Just don't let your Karam drop below neutral, or the Mages and Eternals will eat your brain.

Literally.

~M

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Another gold-making idea...

Check out various NPC vendors in different cities for their commodity prices (blank scrolls, cloth bolts, arrows/bolts, iron ingots, regs, etc.) Buy 1 item and try to sell it back but don't. Write down their buying and selling prices. Often you can make a bundle buying in a cheap place and selling in an expensive place (most likely Luna!).

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
If you're truly desperate for some starting capital:

Get yourself a 100% LRC suit and cast create food over...and over...and over...

Sell the meat to the butcher. Some of the other items can be sold to cooks/innkeepers/waiters. This takes FOREVER and, frankly, you're probably better off collecting garbage at Luna and selling it to vendors.

Also: Buy scrolls and regs and inscribe. You can make a fair amount of gold in this manner, still. I think Lightning scrolls might still be the best cost/return ratio. Look for the 5-7 level spells that only require two regs to cast.

~M

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Another gold-making idea...

Check out various NPC vendors in different cities for their commodity prices (blank scrolls, cloth bolts, arrows/bolts, iron ingots, regs, etc.) Buy 1 item and try to sell it back but don't. Write down their buying and selling prices. Often you can make a bundle buying in a cheap place and selling in an expensive place (most likely Luna!).

i thought this was fixed a while ago to deter people buying low from one vendor and selling higher. wasn't there a big patch change to the npc's about 6 months ago?

Caffeine

Caffeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

these kids today don't know how hard it was years ago. .

I think I ran around Brit woods for a good month collecting ribs, hides and reagents on the ground. I was a slow learner and would run from ogres because they would kick my b**t. I remember feeling triumphant when I could go to the brigand camp and stay alive and walk back to Brit with my pack of gold and armor to sell.

Another idea would be to head to the Ilshenar champ spawn (spirituality gate - follow mountains to east). With the new patch this spawn is being done constantly. The creatures don't aggro if you're good karma and noone is looting. Rummage through the corpses and you could get plenty of gold as well as arrows to sell (you might find a few good armor pieces as well). Much of the spawn also has leather (horned and barbed) which sell for a decent amount on a vendor if you own a house. (btw - if you are going to sell resources on a vendor, buy commodity deeds from a banker and turn your bulk resources into a commodity deed {double-click deed and target pile of resource}). This would be a way to make some gold, though not as adventurous as making it while you're killing something - also doesn't help with the skill building.

Mining and selling ore is always a tedious but effective way to make money.

If you don't have a house for a vendor and collect a lot of a resource, just try to sell it at the most populated bank (usually luna). Check around at player vendors to see what the going rate is, and if you sell for 1-2gp less it will often sell real quick.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

If you're looking for crossbow bolts, kill the Meer Captains not far from those ratmen in Ilshenar.

Just don't let your Karam drop below neutral, or the Mages and Eternals will eat your brain.

Literally.

~M

You know, I forgot these things dropped bolts.

I was still thinking all ML-Mindset and assuming changelings were the only things with bolts these days.

At least my necro avoids Paragon Eternals unless he has a death wish. [unlocked karma for the win!]

Between selling arrows/bolts to players or npcs [and there's a lot of player archers, so your market is huge], you could make quite a bit of money just from looting Rat Archers, Centaurs, and Meer.

There's also a sheep farm in ilshenar, so you could chance out on a paragon sheep and get a minor artifact [my friend actually got one off a paragon sheep once, believe it or not, when we were all training and saving up gold for a castle on origin.]

Regarding the reselling;

i thought this was fixed a while ago to deter people buying low from one vendor and selling higher. wasn't there a big patch change to the npc's about 6 months ago?

The initial fix was because of a problem with players buying a certain item off a vendor, and in seconds turning 100gp into 400, over and over and over. Recently I've seen ingots get pretty expensive off npcs, but they're cheap if you know where to shop. =)

One could technically buy ingots from npcs and resell them to players for far more gold, depending on the cost of the initial purchase. For a budding smith, or one who has a vendor and reasonable skill, do not underestimate the sale value of exceptional dragon barding.

People frequently forget to stock this [barding] along with their enchanted apples, and both items are useful and cheap to make.

If you're a chef [or if you're friends with one] you could always kill savages in either ilshenar or T2A [where once the fort was full of orcs, now it's savages, at least on cats] and turn the berries into tribal paint [which folks without magery will use to prevent getting polymorphed into a rat by the Vermin Horde Champion, Barracoon]...now, if you consider how many people do spawns, and that the paint only lasts until you die [or what, a few days if you don't] and the sale price of anywhere from 2-5,000 each per kin paint, you've got yourself a consumable item that you can sell quickly.

Even if you just sold the berries, it's practically all you need besides flour to make kin paint. Just don't go wearing the paint and attacking savages [or put on an orcish kin mask] because the paint will explode or something to that effect. I think with the mask, it'd detonate too. If you want to remove the paint, use an oil cloth on yourself.

Sorry for rambling, I hope that helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying, selling