Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

trying to find a new home for my rp character

- - - - - character find home rp

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
I was wondering what would be a good shard to move my Evil Mage rp character to. I'll be setting up an evil mage tower somewhere, and I'd like to know a good community on any shard to get with. one thats active, that I can rp with at least a few times a week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Wish I could invite you to Pacific, but the RP community isn't as active as it once was. :(

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
The king of RP shards has always been, and continues to be, Europa. They RP pretty "realistically" though, so if you'd fit in with that I really don't know.

Others are active too....Which shard is the Gentle Rest Inn on? Catskills? They post a fair amount here on UO Forums.

Go poke around in the shard forums, some have active RP on their boards.

-Galen's player

First Aid

First Aid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Catskills had RP - different degrees as well. GRI is on Catskills.
In GRI you can RP - folks will try to play along but not everyone does nor is it enforced.

The most RP guild I know of (and I'm just getting back into the game so I may be off here) is the United Pirates (UP) they hand around New Haven and RP Pirates.

Hope that helps

First Aid.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Once upon a time I could have recommended my home shard of LS.

RP is really down everywhere, to varying degrees. Some reasons are common to all shards, and are related to the changing nature of the game and it's declined player base. (Note that I didn't say "declining," just "declined." As in, UO's clearly down from its peak; no one's denied that. While the game is likely to survive if EA doesn't make decisions while drunk, the player base is clearly diminished from its peak.)

Some reasons are particular to the various shards.

-Galen's player

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I'd go with Catskills, there are some good rp groups there, but I agree, the rp community has diminished.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I think Cats is decent for RP although I do not take part in it. I'm in GRI and aside from our hunts most of us do our own thing and there are alot of us that are into RP. I could intro you to some of the guild in haven if you are interested in checking us out. Look for Tim in haven making oil cloths till my eyes bleed from training and I'd be happy to show you around.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
RP is continuing and going strong on Chessie. You just have to be around about the same time as others who also RP are. That's the catch on my shard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rabid Bogling

Rabid Bogling

A Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Catskills and Europa are the only two shards I ever found lasting and enjoyable roleplay on. Though as the previous poster stated, Chesapeake has its own community that seems - despite the smaller numbers - to be quite promising. I'm not sure how much activity there is Catskills these days, but Europa's roleplaying community is still active most of the week, provided you're willing to broaden the spectrum of guilds you play in.

One rather big thing to take note of in Europa is the lack of evil guilds. With the exclusion of small and short-lived groups this has been the case for some years. There is a small Francophone guild of "evil" sellswords, though that may well be open to you. Or you might join one of the Mage friendly city-guilds and practice your evils on the quiet.

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
The Good:

Europa seems to have one of the strongest roleplaying communities in Ultima Online; and their roleplay is definately slanted towards the low-fantasy, realism-first dimension. Their roleplay seeks to acurately reflect the concepts of feudal european society; which they appear to do very well. Catskills seems to have a decent roleplaying community (they used to be the unofficial roleplaying shard); but take the polar opposite approach against that of Europa. Their personal flavor tends to be more high-fantasy, incorperating vampires and elven-themed guilds that are far more uncommon on Europa. Chesapeake is one of the most tight-knit roleplaying communities out there; their personal flavor seeming to focus far more on philosophical balance and neutrality. The Baja and Chesapeake Roleplaying Communties have also begun to establish ties with one another, and many members of both communities have characters established on both shards and attend one anothers events.

The Bad:

I would have loved to recommend the shard of Baja; but right now, we are still very much in the rebuilding phase. The number of roleplayers could be counted on both hands; the number of active ones could be counted on one. I intend to change that; but until some of the veterans return, I cannot recommend the shard to others in confidence.

We do have one excellent roleplaying guild that is currently almost completely inactive (although they were very active this last summer). They are known as the Dark Tower, and have a very interesting ten year history. I know they will become more active again, but like many lurkers; they keep their houses up, and log in every couple of months, but are waiting for something to get them excited about the game again.

I can personally attest that if you build it, they will come. I announced the Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance a year ago; and singlehandedly managed to create a stir in the roleplaying community. Several veterans returned over the next couple of months, and others have been watching our progress without reactivating their accounts. That is where I failed. I wasted time, and many of the events that I promised never saw the light of day. People got bored again, and they stopped logging in.

Why do I bring it up? Well, I am hoping others might take this line to heart: "If you build it, they will come." Sometimes roleplayers need some guy with too much time on his hands writing a story or holding and event to get them excited about the game again.

Calyndrell

Calyndrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Greetings from the Cabal of blades of the Dark Tower (one of its council). Warder is right in that we will welcome you to Baja and were possible well aid you in establishing yourself within the dark community. Also we are stirring from torpor even now. I am hoping to get the Tower active.. currently our "Mistress" is sleeping but we hold out hope for her return. And even without the Dread Lady Cymidei Fier we are not unable to grow.

Sleath Darkmor

Sleath Darkmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Greetings from the ~former~ Cabal of Darkness. I am also a member of the Dark Tower. Baja may not have the largest RP community I would say we still have the best. Those of us that do RP definately take pride in our skills and have a tremendous amount of fun as well as keep it to a somewhat mature level. ~sometimes~, please feel free to send me a PM and I will give you my contact info. We would love to have you or if nothing else just come check us out, we can get you into a few scenerios and see if it fits with what you are looking for!!!

Guest_Heather of PkP_*

Guest_Heather of PkP_*
  • Guests
Where would one look if they were interested in the Chessy RPing community?

Phoenix_DWxC

Phoenix_DWxC

Deputy Mayor of Dragon's Watch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Can meet you in game. Just PM me to set a time and day. I am from the player town of Dragons Watch, a city within the statehood of Paxlair. Depending on your form of roleplaying can direct you. We are a community of humans, elves, orcs and savages. Oh how could I forget we also have a goatboy among us *sorry Goat*

Ga'kuct

Ga'kuct

Mayur ogh Paxuzg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Baja may not have the largest RP community I would say we still have the best.

Yub, dis ib tru. Demz smellie lyk dere ib ad leest ash'zuth'zuth'zuth humiez agh Ilidz dere en Baha. Gak gruk diz bekuz Gak bin dere. Dere ib orkiez dat lib en Baha tuu.

Where would one look if they were interested in the Chessy RPing community?

Dere ib mangee humiez ad da meedinz. Dere ib suum Ilidz tuu. Fenyx ib ebil, keeb latz peepirz un demz. Dere ib sabajez en Okuuzg, su bi karfulz dere.

Wud lat wund wid ArrPeeirz? Du Lat wund tu clomp demz?? Bubhosh! Gak lyk tu clomp demz tuu, bud demz ez tu clomp. Lat beddur nub clomp ull ogh demz, sab suum fur da orkiez. ArrPeeirz ib ez tu peep tuu, bekuz demz ib su smellie.

Oh how could I forget we also have a goatboy among us *sorry Goat*

OOO! Gak blah diz tu Goot. Lat ib en trubbil!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: character, find, home, rp