Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Publish 57 on TC1

- - - - - 57 publish tc1 uo

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted Image

Publish 57 on TC1
Robert Mull
12 Dec 2008 17:53:29

Publish 57 has gone live on TC1. Patch notes are available in the regular place.

Also, please note that instead of a Five on Friday today, we will be having a letter from Producer Calvin Crowner.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Slime event????? sounds kinda interesting. hmmmmm I wonder how they will enhance items and how they will due items. Does a dye bottle pop in your bag? And I also wonder if they will be as easy to kill as they are during the level 1 of the champ?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Didn't this event happen on the japanese shards quite a while ago?!?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I hope it will dye item-set armor, mine is way too bright, lol

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
i especially wanna dye my sorc suit.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
AAAHHH! NO!

They FINALLY bring the slime event to U.S. shards, and I'm stuck in the frickin' desert.

There will be blood.

~M

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Seed of Life: decent
Mana Draught: crap. Would be bangin' with a slightly shorter cooldown
Gem of Salvation: useful in Ilshenar dungeons, decent
Balm of Strength:crap
Balm of Wisdom: crap
Balm of Swiftness: crap
Balm of Protection: narrow use (grizzle spawns). If you need this do kill the grizzle, you're doing it wrong.
Stone Skin Lotion: crap
Life Shield Lotion: See balm of protection.

- So a thief with 120 skills stealing from a level 40 monster would have a 15% chance of obtaining a rare drop.

Not too bad. Pity most of the rewards are crummy.

- Fixed the issue with Treasure Maps in Bucs Den that caused the spawned monsters to spawn underground out of the reach of players.

Bummer. I sort of liked the free marties

- Added Bandanas, shrouds, robes, apron, boots and sashes for items that can be repaired with a deed.

Yay!

- Drop rate of rewards set to an overall 30% chance, as follows:

* 5% Unique reward
* 15% Decorative reward
* 10% Shared reward

Prediction: the value of these items will plumment to almost nothing after the first month.

Effort: A-
Lots of ground covered, many different aspects of the game received attention. Several facets of this publish were likely technically demanding. Many things included that players have requested in the past - specifically, something worthwhile to do at Ilsh champ spawns.

Creativity: B-
Re-introduced old systems (monster stealing) with a new twist. Re-introducing old items as rare rewards. Recycling the slime quest. Absolutely insipid names for the balms and lotions. I am now playing UO: Bath and Body.

~M

Kariny Stormsong

Kariny Stormsong

P-DOUBLE O-P-ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationLake Superior
The bulk order deed covers are going to be handy! Thanks Devs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

i especially wanna dye my sorc suit.

ditto!!!!!

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Fel Champ spawns drop powerscrolls 100% of the time for years but those are hardly worthless.

* 5% Unique reward
* 15% Decorative reward
* 10% Shared reward

Prediction: the value of these items will plumment to almost nothing after the first month.

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Crafting

• Added hitching posts to the craftable menu in tinkering.
  • Added bookcase to the craftable menu in carpentry.

I'm looking forward to these!

The crafting gumps does not display them correctly on TC1, though.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I'm mostly looking forward to getting some time too play!

Kids+Job+hunnydos=24hrs 30Min

Don't ask how I fit the extra half hour in each day I still don't know.

As for the other stuff I can't wait to get my hands slimy lol.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Fel Champ spawns drop powerscrolls 100% of the time for years but those are hardly worthless.

I hope you're right. However, with the sheer number of people who will be farming Lord Oaks in Ilshenar in the coming weeks, I am not optimistic.

I think they will eventually end up priced about the same as the more desirable minor artifacts (soulseeker) and the sorta-rare-but-not-really-that-good set pieces.

I'm happy to be wrong, though.

~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Some will end up reasonably priced, and some definitely won't.

I don't expect the orc chief helm, the Ari robe or the LT sash to ever drop below the high end Doom artifact prices, for example. While less desirable, but still potentially useful items will drop in price as soon as the collectors get their share.

And on most shards, the items unique to the Bedlam and Merkatus spawns will retain a very high value simply because not many people will do the more dangerous spawns if they can do the less dangerous spawns for the same rewards (or more reward in comparison to Merkatus).

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Farsight:

You raise an interesting point. Do we have a list of which rewards are available on which champs? I forgot how infrequently Bedlam and Merkatus are done...

~M

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
There is a group of people working on that, but this time I'm not worrying about it. Once the information is known, I'll be moving it from stratics to here. The only thing I know for sure is the unique-to-Oaks reward is the orc chief helm.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Do we have a list of which rewards are available on which champs?

Nope, they try to keep that a surprise, afaik. But do we know for certain that Bedlam and Merkatus are even included in this? Until now, I only ever read about Fel and Ilsh...

Would be fun if they made the lt sash only drop at merkatus =)

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Nope, they try to keep that a surprise, afaik. But do we know for certain that Bedlam and Merkatus are even included in this? Until now, I only ever read about Fel and Ilsh...

Would be fun if they made the lt sash only drop at merkatus =)

Bite your tongue! I doubt that Merkatus has ever been done on Sonoma.

~M

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I had a thought this morning - what does it matter what things are worth in gold if people are just happy to have/get/use them? The devs are trying to make the game fun so people will play(and pay) for it. There's more to fun than being able farm stuff for profit. I'm sure some people derive their fun from selling things, but many do not.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

I had a thought this morning - what does it matter what things are worth in gold if people are just happy to have/get/use them? The devs are trying to make the game fun so people will play(and pay) for it. There's more to fun than being able farm stuff for profit. I'm sure some people derive their fun from selling things, but many do not.

In game money is a means to an end for me. I have more fun crafting new items and killing ever harder monsters as my templates become better. Rewards are like icing on the cake of defeating that uber boss you didn't know you could beat before.

At least that's my humble opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 57, publish, tc1, uo