Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

FoF: Bandaids and Thieves - 05 Dec 2008

- - - - - 05 2008 bandaids dec fof thieves

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
With all these, umm, lotions and balms, I think there are more people on the dev team of a certain sex that shop regularly at Sephora and Bed, Bath and Beyond than there used to be, heh

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*woders how long it'll take before alchemists start demanding the recipes to create said balms & lotions*

*wonders further if they'll come in different scents*

But to be a little more serious, I saw it stated you can't combine lotions/balms, but do they stack with similar spells/potions?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
If you couldn't, it seems like they'd be a little under powered.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Regine_EAMythic

Regine_EAMythic

Associate Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Good Question. Depends how it's implemented. If the arti is created upon monster spawn and actually in his pack, then yes. But I think it's rather a roll of the dice at the moment the monster is stolen from or dies, if the player gets an arti.

When you perform the theft, first roll determines whether or not you're successful. If yes, a 2nd roll is performed to determine if you get a generic item from the monster's pack (gold, scrolls, pots, etc.), or one of the rare stealables. If it's a rare stealable, a 3rd roll is done to pick which one you get.

But to be a little more serious, I saw it stated you can't combine lotions/balms, but do they stack with similar spells/potions?

Balm and Lotions will not affect your ability to use things such agility/heal pots, or buff spells. The Balms and Lotions have a preset duration that endures through death. Allowing players to stack them would be way overpowering.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Will being able to steal any of the new goodies require or be affected by membership in the Thieves Guild?

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
*wonders... is snooping worthwhile on the thief if the roll decides your loot?*
Posted Image

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

With all these, umm, lotions and balms, I think there are more people on the dev team of a certain sex that shop regularly at Sephora and Bed, Bath and Beyond than there used to be, heh

Either that or they've been deployed and now appreciate hygiene and luxery items a bit more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Sounds to me like snooping doesn't matter a bit. Doesn't look like you'll be able to snoop a monster.

I don't think you can, anyway.

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Sounds to me like snooping doesn't matter a bit. Doesn't look like you'll be able to snoop a monster.

I don't think you can, anyway.

~M

Sooo... you just steal 'the monster' graphic, not snoop it?

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Sooo... you just steal 'the monster' graphic, not snoop it?

eh? o_0

I just don't think you can bring up a paperdoll of a monster. Since monsters don't have paperdolls or backpacks, they can't be snooped (I think).

Thus, snooping is useful against players only. (Again - I think)

Just use the steal skill and target the monster's body. If you're smart, you'll get the monster on last target first...or GM running. I hear champ spawns can be rough to a thief who suddenly becomes visible

;)

~M

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

eh? o_0

I just don't think you can bring up a paperdoll of a monster. Since monsters don't have paperdolls or backpacks, they can't be snooped (I think).

Thus, snooping is useful against players only. (Again - I think)

Just use the steal skill and target the monster's body. If you're smart, you'll get the monster on last target first...or GM running. I hear champ spawns can be rough to a thief who suddenly becomes visible

;)

~M

Yeah, that's what I meant, not the paperdoll.

And GM running. Hrm... I got a LOOOONG way to go with that, hehehe. I ran out of Despise Level one today trying to raise my lockpicking skill without attracting attention. A Reptile slayer bow is helpful, but I have been neglectful in raising my Archery up.

\Also, traps in Despise crates are MUCH more powerful than those in shops. :doh:

Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am excited about being able to steal from monster. (never understood why you could not to begin with). Will my thief only be able to steal the items listed on fof, or will he be able to steal anything in the monsters bag?

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

--
“When are thieves ever going to get some love?”

In Publish 57, stealing from monsters will be reactivated. You will be able to steal gold, bandages, potions, scrolls and reagents from any monster (only one successful theft allowed per monster). Thieves with GM skills and higher will have a chance of receiving one of the 9 rare consumable items when stealing from monsters in Champion Spawn areas (all facets) or from any monster in Felucca Dungeons and T2A. Here are some examples of the rare consumables:

Mana Draught: player drinking this beverage instantly recovers between 25 to 40 mana points. 10 minute cooldown.

Life Shield Lotion: when applied, reduces by 50% to 100% the Life Drain damage (such as dealt by Succubus and Tentacles of the Harrower). The resistance chance is rolled for each tick and cannot be combined with any other Balms or Lotions. Duration 30 minutes.

Balm of Strength: when applied, player benefits for a 10 HP increase for 30 mins. Cannot be combined with any other Balms or Lotions.

I think they missed the point about thieves wanting more love. The thieves that want more love are the ones wanting to steal from people not more rare items. Not all thieves run through doom to steal a candle. I think that is more of a slap in the face for the true thieves.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
In the past, you could steal from monsters. The problem was that thieves were stealing the loot gold from monsters while other people were fighting them(this was way back before corpse permissions outright prevented you from taking something off a corpse you didn't have rights to). When those people finally killed the monster, there was no gold on it. Frustrating to say the least.

I am excited about being able to steal from monster. (never understood why you could not to begin with).

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

I think they missed the point about thieves wanting more love. The thieves that want more love are the ones wanting to steal from people not more rare items. Not all thieves run through doom to steal a candle. I think that is more of a slap in the face for the true thieves.

The key is to make the new items cursed (Scrolls of Transcendence, for example). Then I'll feel more love.

I concur, though. Perhaps I'll resurrect my 'ultimate thief' competition idea and post it here for the devs to read and heed.

~M

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

The key is to make the new items cursed (Scrolls of Transcendence, for example). Then I'll feel more love.

I concur, though. Perhaps I'll resurrect my 'ultimate thief' competition idea and post it here for the devs to read and heed.

~M

Agreed...

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Woot SHE Auction!!!!!!!!!! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 05, 2008, bandaids, dec, fof, thieves