Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Account age

- - - - - account age

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Good evening people.

Does your account age ever get stuck? I'm sure one of my accounts has been stuck at 11 months for a while now.

Cheers for any help.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
I've been 118 for almost two months now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Ah, any idea how to sort it out?

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I dont know i think my account has been stuck before also I wish they kept adding age even if your account went inactive.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
From what I've seen, this does in fact happen and the only way to fix it is to either give me 50m in gold on Chesapeake or call EA customer support :)

Seriously, when Jeremy would see this sort of thing, she'd get account details and take it up with people on her end to get it fixed. I'm sure it's something on the database end. In other words, it's not your imagination, account ages do get stuck, which is annoying.

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Well I don't have 50 mill I guess I'll take it up with customer service =)

Wish me luck...

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Ok, I logged in using the KR client and up popped the rewards!

Comicon

Comicon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Aye!, This has been a reacuring event with account age, usually once or twice a year. Then it seems like EA hits a (refreash) button and all is well again with account age's.
I've been on so long, that I don't pay attention to all my acconts age's anymore, most of the rewards don't get really cool until you hit 7 years anyway:P.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I, too, get my account age stuck. It was at 123 months for what seemed like forever, then bounced to 128 overnight.

Bad server. Bad!

~M

stealthftw

stealthftw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I called EA because Ive had my account since 2001. But it says the age is 11 months. They said if you dont play the game for more than a year then your age restarts?

Is this true? Why? Thanks.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
If the account is deactivated and you're not paying for it, you don't gain any months. I never heard of them taking time away though. They may be, just never heard of it. I think it's fair though. Why should you get credit and gifts for time you have not paid for nor played just because the date you started playing? My own account has been deactivated and reactivated several times, and needless to say, the months shown reflect the paid time. Otherwise, I'd be able to ride a polar bear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Is this true? Why? Thanks.

That is not true.

What is true is that you only accrue a month of account age if that account is paid up.

Say you have an account for 1 year(12 months), then cancel or your credit card runs out of credit(hehe), your account then goes inactive and you can't login until you pay for it. 6 months go by where you don't pay and can't play. Then you renew your account with a credit card(that now has money) and play for 2 months. After all this time, even though your account is 20months old(original 12months+6months inactive+2months reactivated), you only *paid* for 14 months(original 12months+2months reactivated) so your in-game account age is 14 months.

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I think the reward system was bugged back in the day I got like a few more rewards then i should have. I have a tone of rewards When i came back i think i sold an ethy for like 600k because i dont know if they were worth all that much anymore.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Yeah, you do only get time when you pay. Trust me, I activated in 98 and due to real life I only have about 107 months, I'd be at about 126 if I was able to pay them all.

You don't get to play if you can't afford to pay. Sucks, but it's incentive to not lapse a month now and then....even if it's unavoidable or due to emergencies. :(

I think the reward system was bugged back in the day I got like a few more rewards then i should have. I have a tone of rewards When i came back i think i sold an ethy for like 600k because i dont know if they were worth all that much anymore.

Edit- Ethys go from about 1-4.5 mil [what I heard for polar] depending on year, ect.

I think the lowest I saw on a plain ethy was around 1.5 recently, but I don't see many for sale any more as folks just buy them up.

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Yeah, you do only get time when you pay. Trust me, I activated in 98 and due to real life I only have about 107 months, I'd be at about 126 if I was able to pay them all.

I think i am in the same boat you are but i will know soon what i am at. should have a few more rewards when i get back.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Veracose, what a lot of people do and what I've started doing, is simply get more soulstones with my reward points.

Unless, of course, the new rewards are actually worth it {which, I'm unable to tell, account is >and isn't< 10 years, lol!}.

Since the soulstones are expensive ingame [and still pricey outside of it] it's a great way to replace a couple if you've lost them.

But, check finduo if you want to look up ethys. It's generally more cost effective to buy the ethy's/tubs and claim soulstones, for example.

I found a few good deals on other shards for the older rewards, however, some fool on cats wants 25 million [LOL!] for a gem cart.

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
yea that was i spent my last rewards on was soul stones i wasted 2 on ethys when i came back but i should be at 4 on one account 2 on other when i get back from my deployment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, age