Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Show you UO Age.

- - - - - age show uo

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I started in 98. I thought the coolest thing about the game was that, every time someone killed me and I logged off in disgust, I could log in the next day and be alive again with all my inventory.

Reverts, baby.

I totally forgot that GExplodes used to chain react. They should bring that back in some form - very flavorful.

~M

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
haha that is so true if you did get killed you would hope that server would crash i think i was in a few figths back in the day that i got killed and i logged back on after server crashed and i was at like 1/3 life i would just recall out before they all logged back on.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

haha that is so true if you did get killed you would hope that server would crash i think i was in a few figths back in the day that i got killed and i logged back on after server crashed and i was at like 1/3 life i would just recall out before they all logged back on.

LOL I logged back on with murder counts when brit GY server wars were huge. :laugh:

[EDIT- one time a counselor account got hacked and jailed everyone there. someone had the wise idea to cast EV next to me. Nice...]

Brit GY was so much of a better fighting grounds than Yew Gate; no way for people to instantly disappear, they had to actually run one way or the other.

Can you imagine the chaos if Felucca moongates went by the old moongate timers? LOL I miss having to use a spyglass sometimes, used to need em to tell when to go through the public gate, otherwise you'd end up at Buccs den instead of Moonglow.

=)

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
To tell you the truth i never used moongates back in the day i just recalled or ran to the place i needed to go to. But yes GY wars way better fighting grounds then yew gate.

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
they should bring back the moonstones, I got a ton f them and it would get you in fel without the ganking.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
LOL... I found a bag a while back with a moonstone in it!... Got the stone "on display" in my house now as a bit of "UO history" ;)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Dareth

Dareth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I remember the days of the *Fred=Bob* wars at brit gy..my first house ..on fire isle, was a small tower..man was I proud of it! Dredging up enough gold with my friends to buy a guild stone deed! Getting those silver kats and vanq weaps outta khaldun with out being PK'd was awesome! Having something ..hat..boots..with invis on them was a must do. Picking up everyones left overs around the banks! Hiding in the back room of Brit bank with your bank open, when two people were in there doing trades, they'd drop the boards, ingots, whatever..and hear them say as you slunk awayafter stashing what you grabbed.... * did you get them?* NO.!!* You SURE you didn't get them? I dropped them for you*.. Those were the days! Just Fel and Tram..grandfathered houses...Moonglow and Brit were the banks to be at! Everyone wanted a house in 'Glow. Good memories !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is not measured but the amount of breaths you take....but the amount of moments that take your breath away.......

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
This is one of the reasons I still play this game... Listening to all the old stories people have from way back in the day it brings back good memories of times long gone. I am not saying they are all gone but the game I started to play and the game I play today have changed so much some for the good and some for the bad imo. back when I played on LS many years ago there was a guy named a chicken that would run around as a chicken and get people to attack him I didn't like him then I came back to UO about 2 years ago and I joined his guild didn't know it was him and me and him became friends then we had a fallout but it is good to meet people in the game. I have gained respect for people over the years and lost respect for people over the years and even if I don’t like some people I respect them sometimes. I have had many friends in this game that I wish I could have kept in contact with over the years but I have always kept in contact with my oldest of friends in the game mostly the ones that I came to UO with from Diablo. When I get back from my deployment I wouldn’t mind PvPing, hunting, IDOCing, RP even if I have never don’t that before but I will try it if anyone wants to.

Brad

Brad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i first starting playing UO oo many years ago when UO:R came out.... one of my best friends was showing me many different things about the game taming a timberwolf and fighting with it... i was so excited that my friend had found a new game for us to play (getting sick of Lineage 1, for anyone who played it) ... my first character i made was a tamer.. which i still have to this day.. (even tho i left for a few years shortly after AoS came out.. still upset over pub 16 like many were. at the time.. but i must say i do like the changes now...)

But ANYWAY :P when i first starting brit cem was the place to hunt i remember not being able to find a monster to attack because so many ppl were there... and as i've read from so many others Brit Bank... o the fun... to the getting scamed because i was a noob to trying to scam cause i was dumb :P and jealouse and upset at the other people that did it (needless to say i felt to guilty if i succeeded and gave the item/money back.. i know i know but hey thats who i am) i do miss those days when so many people played... Farming Shame earth eles for money :P making my first mil .. then buying my first house (small stone tower i think it was called idk) the days of being able to have 3 dragons as pets :D ... and i wont start in with first trip to fel :P

i miss the days of brit bank and seeing the many many people that hung out there... brit smith too

just a little of my story i suppose

Brad

Brad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i Almost forgot... Checking house Signs to see what ones were about to collapse and farming them trying to get the loot when they fell :P haha..

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I'm so glad they got rid of the stupid chest that opened to get to the login screen, it lagged my machine back then like mad.

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I liked it when passwords would save even if people got hacked that way. People telling people that there uoconfig file went bad and asked people to send them that file. My friend did that to some people.

Brad

Brad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
haven't heard of that one b4 lol.. may have been b4 my time :P

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Wow, I remember going through the sewers in Brit and entering the new land, fighting giant frogs. That is my first real memory of UO. That and all the tents people had!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I can make more money in an hour then i could make in 3 months as a 6x gm with 85 resist

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I miss the tents! And the old housing system. Very annoying to have your house key stolen, tho! Carelessness really did hurt, heh

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I think they got rid of tents because it was such a poor design, had no foundation, no door and was anticipating you'd adventure somewhere for a few days or hours very far away. All the same, I've read/seen stuff saying the original Felucca map was only 1/4th the initially intended size of the game at release but they just ran out of time to get it all done.

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
When I first played UO the cloth map was still around. I made my first char on a slot I borrowed from a friend, a blacksmith-tamer!

No door is a major minus, yep, but they were so cheap. Just a chest in the woods, but I liked the look! Now, with the private housing system, and the ability to place a forge and an anvil, they would be sweet. I've tried to make something resembling a tent with the new house editor, but it just looks awful.

So they rushed it out half - done, just like Ultima 8? Sad, we really needed the space

Darkstar

Darkstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Pretty much the same as it is now ...A few small changes here and there. Yes my UO old age isn't very old. :)

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

they should bring back the moonstones, I got a ton f them and it would get you in fel without the ganking.

Just came back to UO after many years off and found a bunch of them in my bankbox. Do they still work, or just something I should put away for posterity?

Reading this thread is really funny. Most of the funny stuff I remember has already been mentioned .....

except the first permaban / ultimate code cheat ...... the mythical portable forge ... and boat mining with it using UOLoop :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age, show, uo