Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Faction Invasions... Who what when where why

- - - - - faction invasions

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Lord_of_Rage

Lord_of_Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Can we get the full story about the town invasions...:huh I haven't the slightest idea how they work. I am probably not the only one, so any insight would be appreciated.

What's [falsehood] [cowardice] [hatred] and what makes the towns get invaded. Someone with the knowledge should clue us in.

Thankyou in advance.

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Falsehood, Hatred, and Cowardice are the three anti-Principles belonging to their respective Shadow Lord (Faulinei, Astaroth, and Nosfentor). The Shadowlords are three exceptionally powerful "demonic" beings infused with the essence of Mondain, giving them both godlike powers and the ability to corrupt the souls of the weak.

It is a long stroy, but the Followers of Armageddon appear to have returned in some respects (or atleast they have some lasting influence). Years ago, the FoA sought to clense Britannia by unleashing the spell that would wipe out all life. They were ultimately defeated, but some of their remaining members managed to go underground and regroup. Previously, they had nothing to do with either the Shadow Lords, Minax, or Exodus. The minions of darkness were just as likely to fight amongst themselves, as they are in their attempts to conquer/destroy the Kingdoms of Sosaria.

It seems that those rivalries have been set aside, temporarily atleast. The High Council of Britannia has been assassinated (it can be assumed from the lore that they control the True Britannian Faction and the Royal Britannian Guard), while the "Chaos Factions" have siezed the opportunity by launching an all-out assault on the cities of Felucca. The Followers of Armageddon (whom now seem to have ties to the Shadowlords, atleast through Melissa) has given these two factions the means to corrupt the cities.

Trammel and Felucca are not different worlds, so much as they are the reflections of one another within a prism. What alters one significantly, will ultimately impact the other (I presume that to be the reason why the Council of Mages thought it foolish that Lord British wanted to retreat from Felucca years ago). So when either Minax or the Shadowlords factions corrupt a city within Felucca, the citizenry becomes corrupted.

Falsehood - NPCs begin to steal from your backpack.

Cowardice - NPCs run away from you.

Hatred - NPCs attack your character.

Once the corruption is complete, they can actually send an attacking force (along with a Crimson Dragon) into Trammel to lay waste to that city. Therefore the True Britannians and Council of Mages have (kind of) banded togeather within Felucca (mechanics encourage you to fight against Min/SL rather than against each other), while the citizens have to protect Trammel.

I hope the story wasn't too long. I figured that it wouldn't do justice to the storyline just to point out the mechanics, without the reasoning behind them.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I'm wondering if there is going to be a use, other than decorative, of the hued armor sets the invasion armies are dropping.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Don't forget, the evil npcs in these downs drop faction silver =). The falsehoods will steal it from you, though, so drop them fast.

Watch out for the hatred wandering healers, they pack a punch in groups.

EDIT: and you can buy some nice stuff with the silver now. Granted it's only 'renewable' a few times, but that's incentive to go get more silver =).

Some does require higher ranks to wear, others are rank 1.

Other neat additions made it in as well- see: supernova potion

WarderDragon

WarderDragon

"I want to do bad things to you."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

I'm wondering if there is going to be a use, other than decorative, of the hued armor sets the invasion armies are dropping.

Imbuning, perhaps? ;)

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Can we get the full story about the town invasions...:huh I haven't the slightest idea how they work. I am probably not the only one, so any insight would be appreciated.

What's [falsehood] [cowardice] [hatred] and what makes the towns get invaded. Someone with the knowledge should clue us in.

Thankyou in advance.

The very basics are that, when the Shadowlords or Minax Factions control a town in Felucca, that city will be invaded in Trammel.

When a city is invaded, the NPCs there are corrupted with Falsehood, Cowardice, or Hatred. The NPCs then also behave strangely, depending upon which of the 3 they are infected with.

You kill spawn in a city (spawn consists of a particular monster type for each city, and humans that have military ranks), until a "Crimson Dragon" (a champ or boss, basically) appears. You kill the Crimson Dragon. You have then temporarily won that city. In Felucca, the city is obtainable by any Faction. If the 2 good Factions get that city, the city remains un-invaded. If the 2 bad Factions get the city back, things start all over again.

Rewards: Crimson Dragons have peerless loot, including set pieces and Crimson Cinctures. The Generals of the Shadwlords' human armies spawn weapons and spellbooks in your pack.

Other posters have described the fiction.

For more on the fiction/background, see here:

http://www.uoguide.c...iors_of_Destiny

and click around in the UO Guide.

-Galen's player

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I have had some things stolen while fighting and when I have killed the thief to get the item back I lose karma, from what I am told, and then it says I have killed an innocent. Is it only on fel that I receive silver?

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'm very sad to be missing this event. Stupid terrorists.

Posts like these that explain what's going on are helpful, thank you!

I believe you'll only receive silver in Fel.

~M

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Nah, you recieve the silver in Trammel (along with skillloss if you die to invasion monsters). But you do have to be in a faction to get the silver. Non-faction chars wouldn't know what to do with the silver anyway...

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I stand corrected.

*bows to Merion*

~M

Lord_of_Rage

Lord_of_Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks for the replies... As for the weapons that drop... Why are they so lame??? I do however keep saving the ones with 45% swing and 50%+ damage. I'm sure there has to be some kind of insight to a use in the future. If not they are a waste of time. The spellbooks on the other hand are quite nice.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
At the risk of calling down flames of wrath: Not every item drop can be spectacular. Look how craptastic some of the Spring Cleaning Armor sets were, and those were a real pain to collect.

If every item is uber, we have inevitable power creep. I tend to think the devs do a decent job, given the dog's breakfast of an item system they are forced to maintain.

~M

Gypsy

Gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I agree, a random element is good. Some of the bows are quite good: The generals drop bows with 25 - 30% hit lower defense, 40% swing speed increase and 45 - 50% damage increase. If you enhance them, you get a pretty decent weapon with mortal strike and paralyze on it.

Of course, a general can be a bother to solo, but if you work them in a group you can easily kill enough of them to get some worthwhile bows and spellbooks. Perhaps the high mods on these items will make them choice stuff for disassembling and imbuing?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

If you enhance them, you get a pretty decent weapon with mortal strike and paralyze on it.

They cannot be enhanced... :(

Lord_of_Rage

Lord_of_Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

They cannot be enhanced... :(

LOL... lame...:'(

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Too late!!!

If every item is uber, we have inevitable power creep.

California Rasin

California Rasin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Too late!!!

Amen brother. It seems that almost every pvp archer on Chessy has a 50 Swing Heavy Xbow from this event ready to dismount folks at Yew gate.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Even the GM-exceptional damage bonus on items was 20%, then 35%, and now it's 40% with GM Arms Lore. Martie drops are easily 50% and even low-end runics can craft in the low 50's. Same goes for armor too, any suit from the Spring Cleaning 2008 is automatically all 70's with a few mods, slap on some nice jewels and youre already almost at uber suit. I wonder how out of whack theyre gonna have to make any new arties with Stygian Abyss to keep them interesting.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I used to vacuum up every bow Madrid would let me when we were hunting DH regularly. It was possible to get uber bows (which could be enhanced!) in huge quantities. I didn't see many heavies, but plenty of mystics and other good types that were enhanced to 45% SSI with spectacular DI/HCI/HML desireables.

Is it just me, or do bows almost never break when you enhance them?

~M

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Of course, a general can be a bother to solo, but if you work them in a group you can easily kill enough of them to get some worthwhile bows and spellbooks. Perhaps the high mods on these items will make them choice stuff for disassembling and imbuing?

Time consuming to solo, most certainly.

Difficult, no. But EoO with a pally and you're in trouble when his other friends who aren't generals show up.

Very easy with a nice diamond mace that's got high mana leech/hit effect.

RE: Not being able to enhance sucks, but maybe they intend for us to save these for imbuing or unraveling and that's why they can't be enhanced?

LOL, it'd suck if we held on to them to find out as SA released, "You cannot imbue that." or "You cannot unravel this item."

No enhance= :(.

RE Bow Break chance being low: Magister, I think all crafting skills chance to enhance needs to be similar to fletching, because as it stands my smith has no reason to enhance anything besides luck items and the occasional nice piece of armor.

Tailor items break FAR too often.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faction, invasions