Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Veteran Reward Issue

- - - - - issue reward veteran

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I had something weird happen to me today. I logged on with one of my characters and got a Veteran Reward box. It said thanks for a 'full year', and told me I had 1 choice left, 3 used. I've logged this char many times between now and then.

I see conflicting information about how many rewards there are per level, and besides, I am coming up on my SECOND full year in Jan 09.

I want to use the choice, but don't wanna lose if it is actually a 2nd year choice somehow dropped early...

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Some second year rewards show in the gump (maybe all, don't know the complete list). I hope that doesn't mean the three used rewards are from the second year rewards. That would stink, as I haven't selected anything since the last time my one year was up.

Going to change my password just in case, but it is still too early...

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
At one year, you get 3 items.

After 2 years, you get one more.

1) Are you sure your account isn't already at 24 months?(despite your billing anniversary)

2) Is this a reactivated account that was dormant for a while?

3) Have you had this account all along or did you inherit or buy it used?

4) Anyone else have/had access to the account?

Lastly, the lower year vet rewards are pretty cheap if you shop around. I usually let them mature before claiming rewards and buy the lower year vet rewards for gold.

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

At one year, you get 3 items.

After 2 years, you get one more.

1) Are you sure your account isn't already at 24 months?(despite your billing anniversary)

Possibly... Account only says Jan 07, but it might be off, I started with a 3 month sub, which would put me in November.

2) Is this a reactivated account that was dormant for a while?

Nope, active.

3) Have you had this account all along or did you inherit or buy it used?

Nope, mine all mine.

4) Anyone else have/had access to the account?

Nope.

Lastly, the lower year vet rewards are pretty cheap if you shop around. I usually let them mature before claiming rewards and buy the lower year vet rewards for gold.

So second years only get one choice? I guess I completely misunderstood. I thought it was 1+ 3, from the website:

These players may choose four reward options (three for being a one year player plus one more for being a two year player) from the list of one-year rewards above and the additional two-year rewards listed below:

That's four if you do NOT use the previous years rewards?!?

Edit: I just bought a leather dye tub, locked it down and tried to use it. It tells me I have one month left before I can use it.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
When you open your profile(scroll in lower left of Character Paperdoll screen in 2D client), it will tell you how many months old it thinks your account is and that's what "counts" when it comes to Vet Rewards. I know it's squirrely, but I'm actually 4 months months "ahead" of my billing anniversary.

Not sure if free trial time counts towards Vet Rewards.

That's four if you do NOT use the previous years rewards?!?

Correct. Vet rewards are cummulative, total AND NOT cummulative, yearly. You get X choices to choose from ANY of the rewards you are eligible to receive(meaning you can still use lower year rewards, but still count just as much as if you picked the top level reward youre eligible for). Hence, this is why I save up my reward options til my accounts get older and buy the lower-end rewards with gold. All the same, lower-end rewards are/were an easy way for players going to a new shard to make quick gold before char transfer tokens.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
I had the same issue I just thought it was my AoS rewards that it was talking about. mine was a reactivated account though.

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Correct. Vet rewards are cummulative, total AND NOT cummulative, yearly.

*foul language whining whining cry 7 stages of denial and so forth*

Thanks Tancred. I was looking forward to more rewards than I was due. *sigh*

At least I got a comm. deed box. They may come down in price, but I need it now for a Vesper Reward. Much nicer than going to the bank, etc.

I really wanted a couple of banners. And the mini-deeds. And an ore cart... stump... cannon... bloody ahnk. :P hehehe. In other words, most of them.=)

Veracose

Veracose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
what is a comm. deed box?

Moria

Moria

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
first year, you can claim the deeds in your house.

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

what is a comm. deed box?

As Moria said, it is a box that allows you to fill & reclaim commodity deeds. Say you have 60,000 Frostwood boards that you want to sell or transport. As it is, you would need tomake MANY trips. By buying a blank commodity from a bank vendor, you can turn them all into one lightweight deed. Simply put a blank commodity deed & your stackable product into the box, double click the blank deed, then single click your product.

To reclaim a comm. deed, put in into the box and double click the deed.

Without a commodity deed box, you need to go to a bank to use your commodity deeds, then transport them home in however my trips it takes.

For me, I am harvesting logs for a Vesper Museum reward. HUGE timesaver, much lower tedium.

Somewhere around there is a list of items that can be deeded. I dunno if ALL stackable items can be deeded.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
List of items that may be used with a commodity deed:
http://www.uoguide.com/Commodity_Deed

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Why is this topic in the UO News and Developer Post section?

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Maeglid

Maeglid

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Why is this topic in the UO News and Developer Post section?

Pretty much because I screwed up. I meant it for General and didn't check to be sure I was in there when I hit post.

Unless a conspiracy would be cooler, in which case.... I got nothing. Aliens, men in white suits, that sort of thing? ;) If the can move it, that prolly would be a good idear.

Sorry 'bout that...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue, reward, veteran