Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

funky temp

- - - - - funky temp

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Twilightseal

Twilightseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i don't know if this is the right forum for this but i need some suggestions on a temp i'm working on.
necro 120
ss 120
archery 120
tactics 100 (maybe 120)
bushido 100 (maybe 120)

What you guys think i should add? I was thinking resisting spells or focus maybe. I already tried healing with it and it doesn't work out great. If i could afford the expensive items my options would be better, but alas, i'm poor lol. any ideas?

Twilightseal

Twilightseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
my bud just suggested spellweaving and another said chiv (thought this didn't go with necro well?)
You guys think you can help me out? I kinda suck with this kind of stuff.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1190 posts
What are you doing...PvP or PvM? I'd suggest either meditation or resist.

Twilightseal

Twilightseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
kinda want and all around char, and as for med i really don't want the resriction of mage armor.
Really i've never played an archer very well but i thought i might try this.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1190 posts
Well, with necro, your going to be using up some mana, sometimes a bunch. I run a necro macer, and between the characters necro spells and bushido spells, I find meditation and meddable armor with a lot of MR to be pretty much essential to the template. YMMV. Oh, and you really don't need over 105 Necro, so you can pick up a few points there to reassign.

Twilightseal

Twilightseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
well like i posted before, i can't really get ahold of good medable armor. And the reason i'm taking necro and ss to 120 is cause i've seen the difference in damage between 105 and 120, also i hate fizzling revenants.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1190 posts
I never thought of meddable armor as expensive, as good barbed leather armor is as cheap as I've ever seen, but whatever works for you. Your necro damage is tied to your SS, so other than the fizzing revs, there will be no damage difference at 105 or 120 Necro if you have 120 SS. FWIW.

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
i have a necro sword guy with bush and just a touch of chiv(about 50). I use the chiv for pois cure and travel. I use the helm of insight and rune beet carp to adjust both MR and gen mana increases. with both on i have 105str/115dex/35int made char elf and with 2 items i get 85 mana. Mana is the name of the game with necro and with no med, it's MR and lmc or your dead.

Twilightseal

Twilightseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i'm grateful for the different comments and suggestions, but i think i'll just make a necro/mage and put my archery elsewhere.
are archer tamers good?

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I have seen some great archer/tamers. I prefer mage/tamer but that's what i'm comfortable with. I haven't had an archer so I can only comment on what I see when i hunt with them. they are great for steady dam, but with magery you can always invis when it gets heated so that's the adv I feel with the 2 temps. something to think about

Twilightseal

Twilightseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
rihght now my tamer is a mage right now but i've been hearing good things about archer tamers so i wanna try that out. My idea was to swap the mage/eval/med to my necro and take archery/tactics to my tamer, also gonna put on chiv for healing and what not. I dunno, truth is i havn't been into the game that much lately and i've been looking for a way to stay interested.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: funky, temp