Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Wrath of the Lich King Already Beaten

- - - - - beaten king lich wrath

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Taken from http://pc.thegamerev...ady-Beaten.html
Posted Image
As hard as it is to believe, all of Wrath of the Lich King’s end-game dungeons have already been conquered. The guilds Nihilum and SK Gaming joined forces to be the first in the world to accomplish this ridiculous feat.

On their website, the guild offers a statement that is equal parts bragging and concern.

“We are proud to declare that all [Wrath of the Lich King dungeons] have now been cleared,” reads the statement. “This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculate in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?”

The question that begs to be answered is, “Did Blizzard do this on purpose?” If so, then Blizzard should be very concerned right now. If the best guilds in the world can clear the whole game in only four days, then middle level guilds will probably clear it in a month or two, and even casual guilds shouldn’t have any trouble getting through in under six months.

How does Blizzard intend to keep people subscribing when there’s nothing to do?

Balancing tweaks are to be expected after launching an MMO, but it doesn’t make much sense that all of Blizzard’s miscalculations made the game easier. I suspect this was in fact Blizzard trying to appease its casual player base.

If that is the case, then Blizzard didn’t miscalculate the balancing of the boss encounters, but rather the balancing of its player base. Until now, Blizzard had a very deliberate play structure in World of Warcraft. In early levels, the game is a casual MMO that allowed any and all to play. Then, slowly, it turns more hardcore in the hope that casual players will be turned into hardcore players. It was a balance that has obviously been extremely successful for them, but now it seems they’ve thrown that out the window and skewed massively to the casual players and apparently left the hardcore out to dry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Interesting...I didn't think the end dungeon was in game yet at all... o.0 odd!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
A few nights ago I kept seeing EmoDude first server level 80 shaman! and things like that. People are leveling to 80 so fast!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Thats why you need to come Middle Earth Snuggs, I'm having a blast with Eo, Maddux, Sean, Dark and the gang! Though I can think of a few that would make it even better! *CoughAllyDipBenKitAdamMumVeplandahandfulofothersCough*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Soon Sensi! Its almost winter break!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I am playing the laggy version of City of Heroes and Villians... =P

You can not rush all that fast to level 50 in this game... much much harder... I wish WoW was a challenge but made it much much to easy for me to enjoy it =(

because gosh durn it >_< I wish I could play with some of you again... but hard to find a game everyone likes...

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
How did you like lord of the rings Carp?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
won't run on Gorefang nowdays ... I can assure you that with how he is acting...

But wasn't too bad when Gorefang DID play it. When I did I play it the only thing that drove me crazy in that game mostly was I ket getting lost.. constantly.. everything looked the same to me >_<

That and at the time Pile wanted to play it and wanted me to get into it as much as he was... I really was having to much fun with City of Heroes and Villians (that and it ran on Gorefang 100 times better! ... heck still runs but can not group with anyone without lagging and crashing. But least I can solo) so I never wanted to leave for another game... why leave for another game when I was just having a blast in the last game? It kept me happy it was my type of style so never wanted to leave for LotRO

So I probably didn't play it to its full potiencial and gave it as much of a chance as I probably should...

Though with how things are in the game from when I did play it... they never had the tradtional healing class or the healing style setup that I like and enjoyed and tired diffrent classes and never quite found one I enjoyed the most... felt like the class I did kind of enjoy had something "missing" couldn't put my fingure on what it could have been but it was defintally something...

Though there was one thing that kept me coming back it was Marlin. He came over to hang out with us as much as he could... but I hated how we pulled him away from his home shard... I didn't feel right on that as well... so it was just a number of things...

It isn't a bad game, but I do not think it was my speed... but that is taken off the little I did play...

**more crap but to summon this crap up just read the yellow text at the bottom =P**

Whenever I play an MMO and like it usually I takes off really fast! EverQuest I sat in front of when my dad was in beta testing for it and just loved it! And played it 5 years off and on after that point... City of Heroes and Villians... I followed Pile on that but if it was me I would have never left... that is the now day MMO that I totally enjoy THE most out of all the ones I had played (that didn't change drastically), Star Wars galaxies I did enjoy BUT Sony or whomever had controll or did the decission changed it drastically! I had a level 70 pet named Dustwind that I was attached to and loved... they removed the bloody pet class and she was gone! ... just like that =/

World of Warcraft was diffrent.. when I played it in Beta I could see that the game was going to become more difficult caught my intrest quickly and loved it... until.. the original team for World of Warcraft for whatever reason either left... or got fired. But it changed and went in a totally diffrent direction.. I played for maybe a couple of years hoping it to improve and only got easier

Ultima Online I watched my dad play it when it first came out to the public... I found it to be one of the strangest things I ever did see.. I was young at the time I think about 11 so it really captured my intrest... though I was no where near able to play and indepth game like that especailly with all the PvP... I just get to flustrated... but that game had kept my intrest all these years up until now... I would probably be still playing it now but in my eyes EA messed it up... Not because of Trammel coming in.. I actually wanted that so did my dad... so we're left alone and enjoy the rest of the game inmstead of having to watch our backs... I know some people do enjoy this but ourselves that really put us off and didn't want to play

But anyway the whole point to this is... LotRO never really captured much of my intrest and sense I had the experience of usually enjoying games practically soon as I got on to test it out.. it either stuck with me or never came back...

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I totally understand, I wanted AoC to capture my attention, but it never really did. I love Lotro though, I have even more fun running around the countryside then I ever did Wow. Plus, there are a lot of my favorite UOers on here with me, so it fills my gaming niche nicely!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
That is awesome! Got to play the game YOU like or you will just feel.. eympty if you know what I mean... fills like you not gaining anything out of it

Yeah that is the problem for me... CoV / CoH totally is up my alley.. problem is... I am the only one there haha!

But I have fun with it no matter what... even if it took me like a week of chasing after Rikti to kill enough of them to earn thier gun! =P

.. Poor Rikti

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beaten, king, lich, wrath