Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What should I be killing at my level?

- - - - - killing level

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
ABC Archer, high-90s in Arch/Tact/Anat (Arch jewelled to 109, unfortunately capped at 110 now...need some gold to get a 115 scroll ;) ), 90ish Bushido. Decent bow and high 60s in all resists. I can take regular dragons just fine, but greaters take forever to kill. Is there a better choice of hunting grounds for me than Fire Temple right now?

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
You must be talking about killing monsters solo i am presuming. Is your bow a dragon slayer? I have a couple decent dragon slayer bows i can give you along with a 115 archery scroll. If you see me around haven or luna just holler. Its Chessie isnt it?

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

You must be talking about killing monsters solo i am presuming. Is your bow a dragon slayer? I have a couple decent dragon slayer bows i can give you along with a 115 archery scroll. If you see me around haven or luna just holler. Its Chessie isnt it?

Solo until I find a guild or other hunting group that doesn't mind dragging along a clueless lowbie. ;) I do have a dragon slayer that I use at Fire Temple. And thanks as always for the help. :)

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
what shard do you play on?

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Are you looking for good loot or good skillgain?

You can fight Solen Warriors to 100, Rotting corpses to 120, alternatively you can fight Ogre Lords, Titans, or Cyclops.

Ogre Lords, Titans, and Cyclops can be found in despise..

Solen warriors in Hives.

I've even trained to GM+ off harpies/stone harpy paragons in ilshenar. Great for parry, too.

Rotting corpses, I go the the Citadel in ilshenar, doom, and some of the classic anti-virtue dungeons to fight.

These will all give you a decent amount of loot. Paragon versions of Titans and Cyclops can be entertaining and profitable as well.

Dragons, Greaters esp, don't seem to give me enough skillgain for the effort. They're nice for hides, though. =)

Since you don't have chiv (you didn't list it) I'd suggest a cold/energy damage dragon slayer bow. This will help increase your damage. Dragons are massively weak to cold and energy damages.

Normally I just use the Horselord (elemental/reptile slayer), but it seems to be more effective with chivalry.

Perfection (through honoring and bushido) also should be giving you a hand in this aspect, so you could effectively replace EoO.

Just avoid lots of undead casters (the old lich/lich lord pit in fire dungeon) unless you have reasonable magic resist, pain-spike can hurt plenty even with it...and a group of liches can now tear up an adventurer with their necromancy.

If you're on cats, I know of some folks who are also in training and have got a couple new characters needing skill myself.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
And you can tag along with our "pack" until you decide which guild you want to join. We are vets and noobs also. We learn from each other. :-)

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Thanks guys...to answer the questions:

I do have Chiv -- didn't list it because it's as high as it's going to probably go (70).

I'm on Chesapeake. ;)

Not in a super-hurry on skillgain so I'm looking mostly for loot, although I guess what I'm really looking for is something I haven't done before. I quit the game back in 2002 before AoS, and I think last time I played I was probably doing the Fire Temple thing, so I was just wondering what's interesting & good for loot in the "new" (a very relative term in this case) content.

Edit: Yeah, Dragons/GDragons are so-so for skillgain (and I haven't really gotten any good drops off of them yet either)...it's just where I know, and I've been using the opportunity to stock up on hides for my tailor.

Lord Target

Lord Target

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
New content has lots of options, and trust me when I say I know you're talking about variety.

The invasions going on right now would probably be your most assorted and lucrative option.

To the best of my knowledge, Vesper has Ophidians, Trinsic has Orcs, Britain has Dragons/Ancient Wyrms/Greaters, Skara has Elementals, and Minoc has slimes. I don't know what else is spawning where, but I heard moonglow gets Void creatures (very painful).

These essentially are triggered by Felucca factions capturing various sigils. Once the 'evil' factions control a town, it will be invaded.

On that note, I think all fel towns have no guardzone (not precisely sure on the mechanics of this) during this event, and the same applies for tram.

It's supposed to be wrapping up soon, and the generals drop fairly nice spellbooks and a good bit of gold.

Then again, all the invasion stuff drops a lot of gold.

It may not let you recall into these towns when they're being invaded. Personally, I can't recall into some such as brit when they're >NOT< being invaded by anything.

I figure it's a good way to get familiar with how the monsters have changed, and there's something different to kill in the diff locations.

EDIT: and even faction players in felucca if you're so inclined. They fixed the "you cannot perform beneficial acts" for faction-going pvp'ers in tram now, so you could join a faction and actually be heal-able/ress-able in tram these days.

Plus, the monsters are a bit more powerful. You'll recognize an amped-up invasion creature by it's red name.

chargar42

chargar42

&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
also i think you are high enuf in skill to try to do mel! as long as you have a good group goin, (like mine of course) you can learn the ropes of mel and have a chance at a crimmy! and hair dye and armor piece and such.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Hmm...looking at lady mel on uoguide. Looks interesting...I've never done any peerlesseseses (I don't think they were in-game in 2002, were they?). I've also been doing invasion content whenever possible, but I've had minimal luck finding towns under attack...just yew twice. I've run into a few crimson dragons just hanging out with no one attacking them, but after one of them killed me in 2 hits and sat on my corpse for like 15 minutes I decided I should give them a very wide berth.

chargar42

chargar42

&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
well, we usually congregate in haven bout 915pm or so eastern time for mel runs in evening. if your ever interested in tagging along for a run, we are a great group of fun peeps! very small group tho. better odds of crimmy that way.. :-)

pop in and say hey, i would luv to try! we are very friendly. well, unless i havent had my coffee, then its negotiable. :-)

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

well, we usually congregate in haven bout 915pm or so eastern time for mel runs in evening. if your ever interested in tagging along for a run, we are a great group of fun peeps! very small group tho. better odds of crimmy that way.. :-)

pop in and say hey, i would luv to try! we are very friendly. well, unless i havent had my coffee, then its negotiable. :-)

Will do. Thanks.

Lord Target

Lord Target

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Hmm...looking at lady mel on uoguide. Looks interesting...I've never done any peerlesseseses (I don't think they were in-game in 2002, were they?).

Don't let the folks fool you, Mel doesn't always have the best drop rate on the Crimson Cinture.

I believe Mondain's Legacy released in 2005 or 2006, but I could be wrong.

I got my first crimmy, after trying months and killing hundreds if not thousands of mels, at The Travesty.

Personally, I think travesty is an easier boss, people say it's harder because of the keys. Eh...maybe the red one's a little hard to get.

I've also been doing invasion content whenever possible, but I've had minimal luck finding towns under attack...just yew twice.

This is one instance where the town cryers are actually useful now. My sherry the mouse statuette keeps telling me there's no news, but that just means no active attacks. Fun, fun.

I've run into a few crimson dragons just hanging out with no one attacking them, but after one of them killed me in 2 hits and sat on my corpse for like 15 minutes I decided I should give them a very wide berth.

This is where the Honor virtue will help you. Not only with just perfection (which helps your damage if you've got bushido) but getting your body. You toggle honor, then use it on yourself, and at Knight you've got plenty of time to get your corpse without stuff attacking you.

Even lower steps of the virtue are a HUGE help.

Some of the new potion types (confusion blast, invisibility) have really saved me in a pinch.

I carry a few invis potions on my warriors "just in case" my Jack of All Trades hiding bonus fails me.

Watch out for the crimsons, though. I'd personally fight a crimson than Abcess any day of the week, honestly.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

This is where the Honor virtue will help you. Not only with just perfection (which helps your damage if you've got bushido) but getting your body. You toggle honor, then use it on yourself, and at Knight you've got plenty of time to get your corpse without stuff attacking you.

Doh...good call. I actually have been working on honor, but I always forget I have it.

Comicon

Comicon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
This is probably a "Duh" responce, but when you ..are.. looking for skill gains,.. you are taking your jewelry off,.. right?:P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: killing, level