Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Returning player trying to get back in the action

- - - - - action back player returning

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Well, I took the plunge....

After a 4 year hiatus I reinstalled AoS, upgraded to ML, downloaded KR & have gone through all the adjustments to be able to play. Unfortunately, I feel like a dinosaur & I'm finding my usual hangouts deserted & my usual hunting spots aren't what they used to be.

Where does a 7x GM dexer/archer who's recently upgraded & is at 60 chiv find a guild, or a group to hang with for some hunts & to get my arms around all the new hotspots in UO???

My houses have fallen since I've been gone so I'm stuck being a bank troll until I can fins a place to drop a house.

Also, is Fel still viable??? The new KR maps don't show anything but Magencia???

I'll really appreciate some input ....otherwise I'm stuck hitting a Luna rune library and simply dropping into random spots until I find something to my liking.

Shhh

Shhh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
well.. Fel is still there...

and uhm... on wich Shard u playing?

i'm playing on chessy...
Posted Image

Phoenix_DWxC

Phoenix_DWxC

Deputy Mayor of Dragon's Watch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Welcome back after your long sleep. If you are on Cheaspeake will be glad to help you back on your feet. There are several in our guild who are all returning vets some in 2D and a few who use KR (our question and answer men)

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Opps ... I'm on Atlantic

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
welcome back

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Tnx ...

I actually was so hung up with getting a character set up on KR that I didn't even think about checking my other slots. I've still got a Grandmaster craftsman, a GM Bard, GM Fisherman, and a GM Swords/LJ that I have to retool.

Is it still a "Tamers rule, other guys drool world" ..... I really disliked the direction UO took when it seemed like you couldn't do anything unless you were a tamer.......and I really don't want to renew my second account just to get my tamer back.

It also looks like they put some new gold sinks in & nerfed some of the duping that was going on. I don't see all the "rare fish steaks 1,000,000 GP" stuff at the banks, like it used to be. Housing also looks a little more available/affordable ....at least on ATL???

I will say that the "new" weapon/armor system is a little fustrating ..... I honestly can't tell whats a good or bad item anymore. It took me an hour of fishing through my bank box to figure out what I needed to grab to go demon hunting last night :-)

I dropped half the item loot on the ground, just because I couldn't figure out if it was worth keeping.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
There are many templates with advantages and disadvantages right now.

The tamer is still arguably the most powerful template, thanks to the discovery of greater dragons who have 900-1000 hit points and great resists. But in my opinion, they aren't the most powerful template, alone or in groups.

The necromancer/swordsman (or macer, or archer) can kill nearly every monster in game solo. The template there is melee skill, tactics, necromancy with options of bushido, chivalry, healing, anatomy, spirit speak and resist spells.

The ABC (archery, bushido, chivalry) is the top damage dealer most of the time in events, peerless or Doom and is relatively easy to play.

The Discord-bard with magery and meditation is one of the best PvM team players. Add provoke and evaluate intelligence in the mix and you can solo kill everything in Doom as well.

The necromancer/mage with spell damage increase can easily walk through most champion spawns alone, only needing other players for the champions themselves.

Myself, I have a necro/mage, an ABC, a samurai (no necromancy), a tamer and a spellweaving mage. Each one shines in different circumstances, and in the monster-bashing world, they're all excellent templates.

As for all the other questions, Fel is still viable, I can't help you with where the people are unless you want to know where they are on Catskills. Same with the guild, I don't know Atlantic, so can't help there.

Welcome back and good luck!

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

The necromancer/swordsman (or macer, or archer) can kill nearly every monster in game solo. The template there is melee skill, tactics, necromancy with options of bushido, chivalry, healing, anatomy, spirit speak and resist spells.

The ABC (archery, bushido, chivalry) is the top damage dealer most of the time in events, peerless or Doom and is relatively easy to play.

Either of those sound like my best bets. My primary is GM+ on Healing, Resist, Anat, Tact, Arch & Fence & is 60+ on Chiv. My secondary is almost the same, except with swords & LJ, so that doesn't sound like too much of a tweek to crossover.

Do those templates require GM on all the skillsets to be effective, or just the old "80+" to get some bang-for-the-buck ?

Thanks for the help.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
With a weapon skill, the general rule is, the higher, the better. You can get by with GM archery or fencing, but 120 is ideal. I have 110 archery and it works well in every situation.

Healing needs to be 90+ for reliable cures and ressurections.
Anatomy needs to be more than 80.1 in order to ressurect.
Chivalry can be as low as 65, but 75-80 is a better number to shoot for.
Tactics needs to be 90 for the secondary special moves on your weapons.

If you plan on living in Fel, then resist is an all or nothing proposition. You either need 110 or higher, or you can get by with 0. In PvM, 90 is sufficient.

Necromancy needs to be either 50 if you plan on using wraith form and spirit speak, or 100 if you plan on using vampire form. Or you can leave it off entirely.

Bushido works best at higher levels. There's a huge difference between 100 bushido and 120 bushido, unlike many of the rest of the skills.
Parry is the same way, if you plan on being a swordsman or fencer.

2 templates to shoot for:
120 archery
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
80 chivalry
90-110 resist (depending on your account age)

Or

120 swords/fencing/mace
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 necromany
70 chivalry
70-90 spirit speak, resist or anatomy (leeching in wraith form, resist or extra damage)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, back, player, returning