Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[May contain spoilers ...Gardening] A plea for more new seeds: tall date palms & tall

- - - - - date gardening palms plea seeds spoilers tall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
LaBelle opened a thread to say

Yes...these are rarish-type Magincia rubble from the first Magincia invasion...BUT they are charming and lovely and make wonderful, wonderful gardens. They are probably less rare than some of the rock types and other "new" Magincia rubble being given out. Posted Image

Everyone who has seen the huge rubble palm trees in my gardens on Catskills raves about them...and I know they would be a great hit with all plant lovers and gardeners. Since our friends inhouse have been so kind as to listen to our requests, I hope they might consider this one too. Thank you! Perhaps these trees could be slightly rehued so as to preserve the specialness of the old rubble palms?

~~~~

You cannot begin to understand how much I've been itching to add them, I would love them myself, but that would **** off a significant number of rares collectors. So I'll leave those alone for the time being. Doesn't mean they will never be added though...

Regine_EAMythic UO Associate Game Designer

~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
La Bellewas very happy with the response

Sakkarah! Thank you so very much for replying to this thread - and for sharing your wishes for the tall palms too. Your reply is very very encouraging. *happy broccoli dance*

I am a rares collector myself, having in particular many rare rubble pieces including the tall palm trees. I would gladly forgo their rarity in order that other gardeners and plant lovers in general can share these beautiful plants.

And yes, older rares collectors understand that rares come with no guarantee that they will remain so. I definitely learned this lesson when my tall white vase, which was maybe one of two server birth rares of its type on my shard, became a piece easily crafted by anyone with stone masonry.

Also, while the palm trees were not wildly common like the small palms or the masonry fragment rubble, they were not as rare as other rubble UO has recently reproduced in large quantities, such as the tree stump and dock posts.

So - once again, thank you! It encourages me tremendously to see our communities, EA and players, talking together on the boards. I love UO (have been playing for 10+ years now and have 10, yes 10, accounts) and in recent months I have been delighted to see many prompt replies to questions on these boards.

~~~~

Flora Green confused Sakkarah tho' with her reply

Thank you Regine for the response. I am not giving up hope on the palms being added. You know, the Juniper tree isn't a rare. *hint*. And, the protestations of the rares community over the yucca tree has long since subsided that I can tell. Posted Image The juniper tree is a nice alternative to winter decorating after Christmas trees become inactive.

~~~~

Juniper tree? Posted Image

I already added the Juniper Bush but I'm not aware of a Juniper Tree?

*Sakkarah looks around in confusion* Posted Image __________________

Lady Vivian realised as did others what Flora meant.

I'm sure she is referring to the "juniper bush". It looks just like a Christmas tree in shape only slightly smaller. I've been thinking of decoing these for Xmas. If there were any way to turn the hops from verticle to horizontal they would make nice garlands for the holiday season *hint, hint*.Posted Image

~~~~

*sigh* No. My sick doggie has me distracted. I meant to say Tuscany Pine. Sorry for the confusion. Posted Image

Posted Image

~~~~

Ah yes, the Tuscany is a sexy one. One of the reasons it wasn't added is because I've already seen it in game. When I was EM on Baja, Sarsmi had knocked our collective socks off with her winter wonderland which had quite a few such trees. And I kept meaning to ask her where she got them because I couldn't find them anywhere in game.

As far as adding new seeds generally speaking, I don't foresee doing anymore of that in the short term. As I had originally said, adding the new seeds was just first pass. I want to add resources to quite a few of them. Some purely aesthetic but some linked to the crafting system (and I don't just mean cooking). So every time I add new seeds, it eats up the time I would spend on adding resources.

I also think there is more than enough plants in this new set. Any other plants should be part of a 3rd set of plants which will likely use a different system and have cross pollination (definitely not in the foreseeable future and absolutely not before SA launches). For now, I want to work on finishing the Peculiar set whenever time permits.

~~~~

Flora Green offered some deco tips Sarsmi had used
Regine,

I think Sarsmi said she lowered the ornaments with the deco tool on the holiday trees to get the look of the plain trees. It was from her ski slope design wasn't it?

And thanks for looking into cross pollinating again. I was...(hangs head) one of your harshest critics over the new plants and I am truely sorry for my behavior. You've really given a boost to gardening and the plants are great. I appreciate all the work you have put into it. Posted Image

~~~~

aaaah! Makes sense. You can always count on Sarsmi to find a clever work around when it comes to deco!

And no worries, I had a pretty good flame resistant suit. And for the rest, nothing a good greater heal pot couldn't fix Posted Image

~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: date, gardening, palms, plea, seeds, spoilers, tall