Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

honoring as an archer (technique question)

- - - - - archer honoring question technique

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Is there a trick to honoring monsters as an archer? I can only seem to honor about 50% of them (at most) before I auto-attack and they're too damaged to honor. They seem to always be either out of range or already damaged.

I've tried unequipping my bow as I run up to them, but this seems really dangerous with the more powerful mobs since their hit chance against me skyrockets when I don't have my bow in hand. An ill-timed lag bubble with no bow = bad news.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I just run up to them and Honor quickly. Also, it helps to have Honoring setup as a macro on a keystroke instead of doing it from the Virtue gump.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

I just run up to them and Honor quickly. Also, it helps to have Honoring setup as a macro on a keystroke instead of doing it from the Virtue gump.

I have it macro'd. My archer just can't wait to shoot 'em full of arrows I guess...either that or I'm just too slow. ;)

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Practice, Practice, Practice.

:-)

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I usually have the targeting reticle up. You've just got to beat the 1-2 seconds before it starts to attack you.

I found it easier to either click and drag a healthbar out (can be done with honor targeting reticle up) and quickly target it OR hitting all-names (ctrl+shift) and targeting the name.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
My Archer DoesntSeem To Have This Problem All I Do Is Tab Out And Then Macro Honor On The Creature.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

My Archer DoesntSeem To Have This Problem All I Do Is Tab Out And Then Macro Honor On The Creature.

A-ha! This might do the trick...so what do you do? Tab into combat, double-click the mob from out of range, then tab out and honor?

Markus Balthazar

Markus Balthazar

Nerves of steel!!!!

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
I normally disarm my bow so I cannot auto attack them, then I honour the creature, rearm and start to shoot them.
Posted Image

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I cant seem to get past like the 4th dot of Honor on the last level, even farming ogrelords. Any ideas for a solo warrior/archer?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Succubus in the fandancer dojo. You can get to knight quick. There is only 1 spawn per room.

I usually switch to another weapon, honor, then switch back to my bow.

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Ok, well, I'm getting a little better at it. I think the reasons I've been having some difficulty with it are: 1) I have a bit of RPD on my suit right now, so if the mob has a ranged attack, they get a bit of damage reflected onto them and 2) I didn't start really honoring mobs until I got into the 90s and started fighting Daemons in the hedge maze -- they have a tendency to hide out on the porches, out of sight, and you can't honor them when they're flying either. It'll probably get easier once I'm fighting mobs that can't fly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, honoring, question, technique