Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Is this template absurd?

- - - - - absurd template

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Ok, my fisher is currently in the works, but the target template is something like this:

100 Fishing
120 Archery
110 Anatomy
110 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Magery
80 Chivalry

It seems like a fairly solid PvM build, but I'm finding it to be, well, a little boring. ;) I was thinking about spicing it up as follows:

100 Fishing
100 Archery (use headdress to get to 120)
100 Healing
110 Anatomy
110 Tactics
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak

Is this insane? I've never played with necro and it looks entertaining...I guess my big questions would be how much am I gimping myself by not having Remove Curse, and how good an archer-tank is the Revenant? Alternately, I could probably drop some Necro & SS for Chivalry, but I was really wanting to have this character be a solid Necro/Archer hybrid.

Not sure how much it matters anyway since I can pretty much destroy deep sea serpents even now with skills still in the 80s & 90s. ;) But it'd be nice to have a chance against Leviathans.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
My only thoughts on it is that you do not have a travel spell, you will have to rely on runebook with charges and recall scrolls. other then that it looks good to me.
don't know about the Revenant.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
The Revenant is next to useless. In the time it takes you to cast the spell, you could pretty much have pin-cushioned a sea serpent.

Personally, I think you'd be better off with bushido/chivarly, but that's a lot like the template you found dull.

(Also: you'll still be able to recall with necro...just transform into a wraith first. Wraiths never fail casting recall)

~M

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Yeah, my OP here is like 3 months old. ;) I added Bushido and went ABC, FWIW.

What's with all the thread necro going around lately on these forums?

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
With Necro, your travel spell is recalling in wraith form. No need for scrolls or even spell book.
Posted Image

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

With Necro, your travel spell is recalling in wraith form. No need for scrolls or even spell book.

Just remember you would need regs or a lrc suit i think.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Just remember you would need regs or a lrc suit i think.

Wouldn't you want a LRC suit on a necro anyway?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: absurd, template