Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Help with UOAM server on DSL

- - - - - dsl server uoam

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Well I still love my automap and would love to beable to run it as a server for a guild but for the life of my hubby and I we cant get it to work behind a switch on DSL. We followed the instructions on the uoam.net web site but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I can't get to the UOAM website to see what instructions youre referring to, but I bet it says you need to enable port forwarding on one or two ports as well as have your firewall allow it, am I getting warm?

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
It is better to use a dedicated host if you are going to be using it for a guild. Also if you start getting half a dozen or more people in map it could negatively impact your internet connection.

UOGuide offers hosting for just $5 per month.
www.uoguide.com/UOGuide:Shoppe#UOAM_Server_Hosting

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
We cant get to uoam.net either but a guildie was able to and emailed us the instructions. Hubby tried those instructions and still no workie, thanks for the infoJC I will pass it on to our guild leader and see what she says.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
$5/month is pretty good.

Lyconis

Lyconis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
UOAM by default Runs over tcp/ip port 2000.
You'll most likely be behind a NAT'ing router. Like a Linksys, Dlink, Netgear or something the ISP provided.
You have to log into that, usually via a web interface. Say if your IP address is 192.168.1.50 your router will most likely be 192.168.1.1.
192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x are common internal network IP addresses.
if you have an external IP address that does not fall on the 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x or one other 172 something or another your dsl modem might be doing the NAT'ing router for you. Try 192.168.0.1 or look at the bottom of the modem, you'll most likely have to get the access code from the bottom of it anyhow.

After you have found out how to log in find out your IP Address of the machine you want to make your "host" or "server". (from the command line on windows "ipconfig /all")
Forward the firewalls outside port 2000 to your ipaddress 192.168.1.50 port 2000.

Once you have it configured instead of trial and error testing you can run a portscan from the outside of your network by using a friend with nmap or a web based free service like shields up
Link to shields up :
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

You can determine your outside IP address by going to a website like
http://www.network-tools.com

Once you have verified port 2000 is up and running you can connect to your outside IP address.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dsl, server, uoam