Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Generals with high mod spellbooks in Town Invasions?

- - - - - generals high invasions mod spellbooks town

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
queries Airhaun in this thread

Healer
Type: spellbook

Recruit:

* 10 spells
* Mana Regen: 1

General:

* Full spellbook
* SDI: 20-25%
* LMC: 10
* Mana Regen: 3

General:

* Full spellbook
* SDI: 20-25%
* LMC: 10
* Mana Regen: 3

The above was found on UO's site relating to spellbooks with incredible mods that can be found on different spawn types (npc recruits, corporals, lieutenants, generals, etc.) which invade the towns just prior to the spawning of the Crimson Dragon.

My question for the UO community is:

Has anybody seen these "generals" and/or received a full spellbook with similar mods listed above?

The items these npcs give spawn directly in your pack. Guildmates and I have been searching for the general with no success. Was wondering of anybody has spotted this elusive individual. I'm assuming with the outstanding mods he/she spawns rarely.

Lets get some dialogue/feedback going...

and in a later post

Ok to clarify on the town invasions:

The NPCs of falsehood, hatred, etc. are not part of the invasion but part of a separate quest. I town is invaded if it is occupied by the following:

Quote:

* Britain: Dragons
* Skara Brae: Elementals
* Magincia: Undead
* Minoc: Plague
* Moonglow: Void
* Trinsic: Orcs
* Vesper: Rogue Ophidians
* Yew: Daemons

- taken from http://www.uoherald....php?newsid=446] UOHerald website: [/url]

The respective spawn type is also accompanied by the following:

# Army of Shadows (Humans and Elves)

- Ranking and promotion system similar to the Ophidian Invasion

* Four basic types

o Warrior
o Ranger
o Mage
o Healer

* Ranks

o Recruit
o Scout
o Corporal
o Lieutenant
o Captain
o General

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=446]- taken from UOHerald website: [/url]

I agree the special items received from most all ranks but the general or not worth the effort. However, that spellbook that the general gives (full spellbook, SDI 20-25%, LMC 10%, MR 3) definitely is worth my time and effort. It's to bad that only one person has reported seeing one in invaded towns.

~~~~

and RedDaTeef posted

" I got a blessed spell book 40 spells with 14 sdi fcr 1 lmc 4% off a leutenant. But have yet to see a capt or general and I see VERY few Leutenants. "

~~~~

"Well... that's the best news so far." said Airhaun

"Thanks for posting Red.. and congrats!
"

~~~~~

Draconi had just one clarification

Ah, let me clarify this: the NPCs of Falsehood, Hatred, and Cowardice are part of the town invasions. They appear whenever the town is in an active invasion state.

If you see them, but not any monsters, there must be a Crimson Dragon roaming the city. They're leashed to the city as well, but might have wandered to a strange area.

The lost souls in Magincia are the ones that are separate from the rest of the events. They're their own contained content.

Draconi_EA
UO Lead Designer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
And an update:

Since last week Thursday, the Generals have been frequently spawning in the invasions. You can determine what the General (or lieutenant or captain) will drop by opening its paperdoll. If the General type is "healer" then it will drop a LMC/MR 3 spellbook. If the General type is "mage" then it will drop a DCI/FCR spellbook. If the General type is "ranger" then it will drop a bow with 40-50% SSI, hit lightning, hit lower defense and 50 or more damage increase. If the General type is "warrior", it will drop a weapon type similar to what it carries (i.e. if it has a club, then it will drop a club) with the same traits as the bow. The only exception to this that I've seen is that the halberd wielding Generals drop broad swords to the top three damagers.

And if you want to get rich quickly, everything that drops (even the slimes) has over 1000 gold and NOBODY is looting. And banks are open in invading towns. A stealth looter can get absurdly rich very quickly since everyone is single mindedly in search of bows and spellbooks.

(And I have at least one of everything now... except the MR3 book, which I gave to a friend. I'll be attending future invasions as a defender rather than a loot-seeker)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Thanks for the tip Farsight.

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Am I playing a different game here? I'm wandering around with my stealther in Trammel towns, Felucca towns, and I couln't see a single invader.. There are no NPC's of hatred,falsehood and cowardice either (seen them once in Britain but they seem to have disappeared ). I suppose the invasion is ended in Drachenfels..

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
The Invasion Only Occurs When The Faction Sigils In Fell Are Stolen. Depending On The Shard. You May Never See An Invasion.

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

The Invasion Only Occurs When The Faction Sigils In Fell Are Stolen. Depending On The Shard. You May Never See An Invasion.

Unless you steal and corrupt it yourself... ;-)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Of course, on some shards that is quite impossible. Many shards have the factions play completely monopolized by a single large force. The advantage some shards have is that the single large force is playing both sides of the fence, forcing the invasions so they can get the new books.

I wonder what will happen when these groups either get all the loot they want or get bored with the Trammel side of the event. But until then, I thank these guilds for their exploits.

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have killed about 4 generals now, and have 1 book !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: generals, high, invasions, mod, spellbooks, town