Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

housing question

- - - - - housing question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jagg

jagg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
I have 2 accounts and both own a house, each account only has one house on one shard, they both say automatic on the refresh, If I cancel one account, will that house decay, or can my other account still use it?

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
From experience I can say if your account's billing information isn't up to speed, then yes the house will eventually decay. I've had lots of houses in-game. Invariably I might get side-tracked by other bills so I forget to pay. A house vanishes... :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If your characters are co-owners or friended on the other house with the cancelled account they will still be able to access it, but the house will start the decay process 90 days after you cancel the account.

Additionally, the characters on the active account will only be able to get into secured containers in the cancelled account's house that have been set with the appropriate access level(Co-Owner/Friend). So say you put a bunch of gold in a chest with a character on account A and then cancel account A. The characters on the active account B(which have already been Friended to the house) will only have access to the contents of that chest if the character on account A set the access level to Friend before cancelling the account. This is *important* to remember because the *default* level for secure containers is Owner-only, not Friend.

Similarly, say you have some nice rare item or Artifact you want to display on a table. Locking it down with a character on the account to be cancelled, and then cancelling the account will make it un-releaseable to anyone else(except of course when the house finally collapses at the end of the decay period, in which case everything falls to the ground and *anyone* can grab whatever they like!).

Hope this helps and was clear enough to understand, please don't hesitate to ask for clarifications or help!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Be aware, though, that the 90-day wait is NOT always true. I had 5 houses on 5 different accounts and canceled my accounts for 6 weeks (far shorter than 90 days), and 4 of the 5 houses decayed and fell in 6 weeks' time. These were on 6, 7, 8, and 9 year old accounts, respectively, so account age was irrelevant. 9 years of membership and one single 6-week lapse in membership resulted in the falling of 4 out of 5 houses... I don't know when in the 6 week period they fell, though I would venture to bet it was after 30 days.

I wouldn't trust that ANY house will be there very long if you suspend your subscription.

Specifically in your case, the house on the account you suspend or terminate WILL fall, regardless of if players on your other account are co-owned to the house.

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Yep ... just lost a keep I owned for 8 years because of an expired credit card that I didn't catch within 30 days.

Not sure I'm going to bother playing again past the 30 days I just bought after that kick in the junk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing, question