Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Crimson Dragon looting rights issue (possible spoiler info inside)

- - - - - crimson dragon info inside issue looting rights spoiler

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Pom Pom started a thread about a different issue with Crimson Dragons.

I am ready for it, so flame away if you must, but I do feel this is an issue. (mind you, I didn't go to test so I wasn't aware of it.) My apologies if this has been addressed already.

After fighting the Crimson Dragon with what seems like an army of people, the loot is public for everyone to obtain. I was wondering why this is. It hardly seems fair for those who don't loot quite as fast. I also know of many who died repeatedly doing the dragon and then walked away with nothing to show for it. They were not really inclined to do it again as it was quite difficult, time consuming and costly insurance wise. I also do realize that gold drops everywhere on the ground, but with the sending bag issues, there's really not that much you can carry and really doesn't cover costs in some cases.

I know that I am not alone in my feelings about this, most of the people who I was hunting with were very disappointed. However say what you must, I was just hoping a Dev maybe could explain the reasoning behind this.

~~~~

Jorgius
agrees Yeah thats just insane. I hope it's a bug otherwise I will no longer hunt crimsons. Lets not forget that someone could be tempted to script something... to have fast and good loot.

I really hope this was not intended.

~~~~

Madrid also feels strongly about the issue.

This is what happened during "The Six" and plenty of people complained...

I'm just going to sit hidden in the sidelines. Watch the battle and wait for the Dragon to die then go grab my share of the loot for doing absolutely nothing. No point in trying to put myself in harms way or help contribute when I get the same amount of loot for doing absolutely nothing.

Maybe when it's redlined I'll fire my bow at the Dragon so I can claim to be the one that felled the beast.

On a more serious note I agree it's total BS.

There were multiple times when I was fighting one of the 'six' for 30+ minutes with one other person only to watch hoardes of people flood once it got down to 1/10 life. And you can guess what happened...

Don't understand it. No two ways about it... it's FUBAR.

~~~~

Lots more 'unhappy' posters before Draconi came to pour water on the flames

There is definitely something wrong with the instanced corpses for these guys, and we're fixing it now.

These aren't like the "common loot" from The Six, they should have instanced loot.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -

Lead Designer - Ultima Online -
EA Mythic

~~~~

it doesn't follow the normal looting rights?

asked laurlo

~~~~

and the reply was

The irony is that we wrote a specific version for not having instanced loot for The Six, but dragon incarnate versions were supposed to have instanced loot.

It turned out to not even be related to the stuff we changed for The Six, and was occurring when we were doing all the special effects when the Crimson dies - the corpse was being manipulated in a way that collapsed all the instances into a single object again.

So! Long story short: we fixed the death scene to make the corpse drop properly with instanced loot. It'll be out soon!

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
Lead Designer - Ultima Online -
EA Mythic

~~~~

and Sam the Scribe broke out poetically to say

Originally Posted by Draconi_EA
...So! Long story short: we fixed the death scene to make the corpse drop properly...

So the Crim's no longer stagger around with their paws over their heart reciting Shakespeare?

So farewell—to the little good you bear me.
Farewell? a long farewell to all my greatness!
This is the state of man: to-day he puts forth
The tender leaves of hopes, to-morrow blossoms,
And bears his blushing honors thick upon him;
The third day comes a frost, a killing frost,
And when he thinks, good easy man, full surely
His greatness is a-ripening, nips his root,
And then he falls as I do.

*Crim falls over, loot spills out...*

~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
To add to that, it's out now. Looting is instanced again on these bad-boys.

They still have junk for loot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crimson, dragon, info, inside, issue, looting, rights, spoiler