Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Publish 56 Known Issues Thread

- - - - - 56 issues publish thread

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
If anyone has any issues with the latest Publish,please post them here.Please keep the thread on topic and just for posting issues,thanks

Some already identified are
:-

• Granite doesn't stack.

• Arcane Gems STILL not stacking either.

• Bod book on vendor are having to be renamed

• Friendship with the hive lost when a player was using Earth Ele's no where near the hive.

• Friendship with the hive lost by using my tamer's nightmare to kill one of the soul things in Magincia.

• Friendship with the hive lost at Moonglow Graveyard where a cursed NPC attacked a players dog.

• Issue with Magencia event, can't Necro/Spirit speak to get rid of the mob.

• Inscription to copy books is not working.

• GM scribe,book newly purchased from the NPC, uses inscription skill,gets the book has copied message. When newly copied book opened, only the title has copied.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
We're putting together a list now of stuff that will be fixed shortly - keep the bug reports coming!

~~~~

I should also mention that Jeremy is compiling a list of all the bug fixes we already have handled from TC1 and Origin. These were not included in the patch notes released on the Herald for the worldwide release.

Thanks for getting in there and helping, everyone!
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • Britain Graveyard: Creatures spawn in the same location by the pond, and they are all stuck there and cannot be reached.

• Sherry the Mouse still isn't working.

• Can't use Animal Lore on Skelatal Lich or the boss at the end of the quest (I'm assuming the name is a spoiler).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Posted by Assia

• Heres another
Blown up from "60k damage" Trick while Trick or Treating. Was standing against far eastern wall of "Gadgets and Things" in Jhelom (on the outside facing in - Hey! There was an NPC right on the other side and was being lazy).

Exploded - BOOM!

Res'd at healers, literally right next door.

Came back and corpse not showing... there were a few body parts like a leg (outside the building) and an arm (inside the building), but no torso. It did not appear on ctrl shift. Yes, was Ctrl shifting and right-click canceling all rectangles just to make sure it wasn't "layered" under another object.

After waiting out the timer, the BONES did magically appear on the edge of the building (on the outside) and I was able to get my things.

My best guess is that I somehow got my body shoved under the building or something where ctrl shift doesn't work. Anyways, so please if possible look into it. My fear is that it is possible to have your body blown up in some manner and not have the bones appear.

Also posting this in case someone else has something like this happen, they know to wait around and maybe it will come back. I almost left to take a break from trick or treating, but I'm glad I waited.

~~~~

Ooooh, something to know if you've never encountered the corpse explosion before.

Your corpse is actually switched to a backpack that holds all your stuff, and acts like a corpse. (The body parts have nothing inside them, of course).

After the normal decay time, the backpack becomes bones.

This may appear to be a missing corpse for those who've never done it in clear view before.

~~~~

EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Posted by 4gregu

• Skeletal Liches loot insured items..... happened to me twice now.
Viper09 asked

I assume that would only happen if the insured items fall on the corpse?

~~~~
DHMagicMan_1 reminded of a recent warning

I think there was a post about this during testing... "Blessed Items" never actually hit your corpse so can never be looted this way, but "Insured Items" do hit your corpse for just a second while the server process your insurance and takes money from your bank or whatever I guess... so for that instant your item can be looted... people couldn't do it but the Skel Liches can.

They know about it and warned about it on the testing threads... and also that if the Skel Lich then dies and doesn't leave a corpse... anyone can pick up YOUR insured item that was looted off you.

Be carefull.

~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • Enchanted Apples are stackable now but they are not UNSTACKABLE! ack!

• Exorcism is not working in Magincia. Get message about it not being an area that the spell can be used. In areas where it allows me to use the spell... it doesnt work Posted Image

• When talking to jasper in the court of truth in Yew this happens:

I wish to assist you

Jasper: text
    Jasper:
    Jasper:
    Jasper:
    Jasper:

Somehow it doesnt give any text after the first speech...

• My house on Atlantic, Trammel, located by the Court of Truth went improperly placed after publish 56.

This house was properly placed for years! Before publish 56 it was NOT in guard zone. Now it is.

Will it go back to normal??

Yes, after the invasion, this will be returned to normal. I'll post a thread on the main page.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
Lead Designer -
Ultima Online -
EA Mythic

~~~~

• Unable to damage invincible corrupted soul (not a yellow label), at Magincia on Napa Valley. Dragged it to various areas on the island and it's still alive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Ooh I just checked, my house in Yew is improperly placed now too.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Resources

* Blank scrolls can be added to commodity deeds
* Empty bottles can now be added to commodity deeds
* Gargoyle pickaxe will now dig up copper ore

Shouldn't that be DULL copper? You can dig up copper ore with a garg pick just fine.

~~~~

Thank you, I believe you're right, it should've read "dull copper"

Tim "Draconi" Cotten
- Lead Designer - Ultima Online -
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Do the town criers inform you which cities are being invaded? If not, can they? This was what we all got Sherry Mouse statues for right? Posted Image Or was there some issue with them not being tied in with the town criers yet?

~~~~

That would've been an incredibly obvious thing to have ready for TC and yet... ok, well, *notes this as something to look into*

Meanwhile, Sherry statues are already hooked into the town crier system. Any time we update the global town criers now, Sherry statues will reflect the news.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
Lead Designer - Ultima Online -
EA Mythic

~~~~

Now in the Focus Group, I was under the impression that Trammel would get invasions, even if the Shadowlord faction was doing poorly. After all, the majority of your player base is in Trammel and they want something to do in this event, right?

The description, however, kinda makes it sound like Minax or the Shadowlords have to seize a city before an invasion can occur in Trammel. If this is the case, I think it will cause problems. I've been running around Test Center since the news was posted and I haven't seen an invasion yet. I see Cowardice in Britain. Is this a precursor to an invasion? Or is this a sign that I missed one and it has already been beaten?

I like the interaction between factions and Trammel, but I think there should be at least one invasion occurring in Trammel independent of how well the chaos factions are doing. Otherwise, a shard with a dominant TB or CoM faction will really miss out on the fun.

I should also give props to Nexus for point this potential issue out.

Edit:
Ok, I see beasties spawning now in Britain. Good thing I hid while I was writing this. Posted Image

~~~~

Righto sable and Nexus: I believe the final version may need a check in place to make sure the Shadowlords (the entities, not the faction itself) manages to wreak havoc on a town even if their minions can't instigate it themselves.

Additionally, we may host some hunting parties on TC this week, and flip on all the invasions just to test strengths, so stay tuned.

P.S. And yes, the Britain invasion monsters are concentrated on the east side, near the sigil.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten
- Lead Designer - Ultima Online -
EA Mythic

~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 56, issues, publish, thread