Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Magincia Quests

- - - - - magincia quests

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

mistressmarabeth

mistressmarabeth

Someone has been eating the Play-Doh again...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
For exorcism it says in the spellbook "50 min skill" - I have 94.3 Necro and 96.5 Spirit Speak and it still won't let me cast. It tells me I must be GM SS before I can use.

Also a question, Can I just run around and kill/release the other 2 kinds of spirits on my main char and collect the threads and then use other chars to turn in for the quest? It let me get another quest from the mage at the gate on the same char and i thought it was supposed to be once per char, or is it one "type of spirit/ghost quest" per char?

Pixie Sticks.....for kids who can't afford heroin.=)

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
It's one type of 'ghost' character for the 3 different types of threads. Yes, you can accept the quests on your other characters, but still collect threads with the character best suited to do so.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cmcmaha

cmcmaha

Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Hester knows everything! She so brave and smart and . . . =)
Drake Darkfyre *CH*
Chesapeake
(alts: Ethan Ironforge, Talon Shadowhawk, Valdemar, Captain Morgan, Quinn Fincannon)

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Yes, you need to have GM Spirit Speak.. You should have SS with Necro.. as many of your Necro spells damage are dependent on your Spirit Speak level.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Didn't you realize that with all the family I have, I'm the Legendary Guinea Pig of UO as well!?! And if I'm so smart, why did I stand wrestling a corrupted ghost for 2 minutes until I remembered I needed my mace to do some actual damage?!? (Yeah, I'm not a blonde either!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comicon

Comicon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
I have 26 char's, I've been farming alot of threads for all my mules,. unfotunatly, yes is seems to be geard to the Spirit Speak & Necro. Lucky for me I had a Necro. that I had to dust off & put into action. But the Life threads are the easyer of the three,.. even if you dont have SS skill just pick any char. and buy up the skill to 32%,.. as long as you are successful at using the skill you will release a soul,.. about 1 thread for every 5 release's,. the same amount of drop for the Thought threads. The toughest though are the corrupted soul's for the Fate threads,..the absolute best way is Melee,.. I used a Sword with Chiv. ,... Consicrate Wep and Enemy of One, Kills in 3 hits. Magery spells & summons, like EV's,.. & Pet's decrease the Fate Thread (drop rate) severly.
I do agree that you have to train up Necro. to at least 80 to cast the Exor. spell,..is'nt very fair. I imagine they are going to leave the NPC at the gate after the event is over, which will cause a buying and selling frenzy of the Threads, just like spring cleaning NPC's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magincia, quests