Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Magincia Quests

- - - - - magincia quests

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Okay so Im getting quite frustrated . . . does anyone know of a good guide or faq or walkthru because i need more info.

Like forsaken souls . . . they can only be released by exorcism? So that means only a GM Spirit Speak/Necro can do that quest? WTF?! Or am I misunderstanding something?

Why is it they make a quest for an event like this so GRRRR! Aggravating?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
http://www.uoforums....-khaldun-54924/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cmcmaha

cmcmaha

Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
I'm not seeing better info on Magincia. I went there and got killed when mobs swarmed around me. Im not a necromancer and apparently you have to be GM to use Exorcism or something. So . . .:huh
Drake Darkfyre *CH*
Chesapeake
(alts: Ethan Ironforge, Talon Shadowhawk, Valdemar, Captain Morgan, Quinn Fincannon)

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Need 80 necro to cast exorcism.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
yea i'm sorry but WTF.

these quests seem to be tailored to specific types and dont include everyone.

total ass

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
If You Guys Need Threads I Will Be More Then Happy To Get Them For You This Weekend. I Have Already Done The Quest On My Chars And Am Missing 3 Pieces Of The Rubble. We Can Work Out Something For Those 3 Pieces I Have Many Extras For Trade.
PM Me If Interested

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
FYI the Necro Spell Exorcism is broken until further notice.

You also need 80 Necro and 100 GMed SS.

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I used ex on 6 of them and had no luck getting any threads, I am 101 necro with 110 ss and the got freed but no threads, then the corrupt souls ate me up. I'm on cats if anyone is giving lessons in this. Should I have more luck on the char to get the spells off?

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
i did mine from the old threads we got from moonglow which some of them turned into threads of thought. The Gave me enought to do 6 chars. I Will Be Getting More Threads This Weekend If Anyone Still Needs Some. Also U Can get The Threads of Life With On 50 SS But 80 Necro With Exorcism.
The Corrupted Souls Are not That Hard To Kill But They Will Call Over Many Other Corrupted Souls To Help Out. I Used A Fencer With Darkend Sky And Whirlwind Attack To Get Threads On TEST.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
The problem I had is finding the NPCs for the quest. I found the one for the thread of life but all that drops in my pack is the thread of fate. Where are the other NPCs? The one I found is that the moon gate.

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
The only NPC I found was at the far west end of Magincia, out near the old burned rubble pile.

As for the Corrupted Souls, I used FlameStrike on them, and they generally fell in one hit. Someone said Exorcism was working in Fel, but not Tram, as the targets were moving there, but are standing still in Tram. I've heard rumors that should be fixed today, but haven't had time to log into the game to check.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Odius

Odius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Corrupted Souls are cake unless they swarm you, they can be killed by anyone. They drop threads often enough.

You can use Spirit Speak at skill zero on Restless Souls, it just takes a while since you fail most of the time. I've had no problems getting thread drops from them.

I've had nothing but problems with Forsaken Souls. According to http://www.uoherald.....php?newsid=456 this was fixed, but I'm still having a hard time getting this to work.

While I agree its kinda lame they've catered this event around necromancy, it makes sense, story-wise. The threads are tradeable, so its not like its impossible for everyone else to do the quests.
Posted Image

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I havent found the NPCs on Origin....any hints on that?

iloveuo

iloveuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I havent found the NPCs on Origin....any hints on that?

It's only one npc by the moongate. The npc gives you one quest at a time. :)

Odius

Odius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Forsaken Souls are still bugged on Catskills, both Tram and Fel. I've gotten exorcism to work once this morning, out of about 100 tries. :(
Posted Image

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
The NPC at the moongate gives all three quests.. you can refuse and get a different one.

I hope they fixed the spell though so I can go through with my Necro again and free those pesky ghosties...

*Hmmms the Ghostbusters theme* Who ya gonna call!

HEY.. Where is Dr Peter Vankman! (We have one on LS LOL)

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Fix for corrupted souls hasn't been published yet.UO Herald has an update that it will go in sometime today, not at server up.
Posted Image

Odius

Odius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Werd. Should be fixed shortly.

Didnt know you could refuse to cycle through the different quests, thanks Chariot.
Posted Image

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
the Excorsim spell was fixed yesterday during server down time. It seems to be working. I am not sure if killing them will do anything, but I see alot of people killing them.

everything seems to be working normally as of last night.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
welp i waited and now i been killing and killing and killing got one thread... and no more

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magincia, quests