Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

**Screenshot Heavy **11th Anniversary items collection of EA Japan

- - - - - 11th anniversary collection ea heavy items japan screenshot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Apparently Adam posting on this subject caused a bit of a furore on Stratics :P

Lord Gareth started the thread off on 16th Oct.

(Post originaly by Adam)

Posted on the UO.JP site and translation yoinked! from Athos_UO

EA Japan posted that they release the 11th anniversary items collection in Japan.

- Armor Engraving Tool: You can engrave armors 30 times with this tool. Not rechargeable.(The stacked lady and the Rambo are not included.)

Posted Image

- Fallen Log: You can sit down on it.

Posted Image

- Earring of Protection: You can choose one from five colors, which means the +2% elemental resistance of the color. They are not blessed on Siege/Mugen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

- Lamp Post: Double clicking on it turns on light. You can bring it in your backpack.

Posted Image

- Hitching Post: You can stable your pets with this post 30 times when it is locked down. You can choose the access level of it. You can recharge it using a Hitching Rope on it.

Posted Image

- Ancestral Gravestone: Using it raises your Spirit Speak skill temporarily. You can use it only when it is locked down.

Posted Image

- Bulk Order Cover: This cover changes the color of BOB. You can choose from 11 colors. It has 30 charges and not rechargeable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

- Wooden Bookcase: You can bring it in your backpack. It displays books on shelves with items in it. It displays empty shelves with no items in it.

Posted Image

- Snow Tree/Maple Tree/Willow Tree

Posted Image

Posted Image

From FAQs:

Q: Can we obtain these items in game?
A: They plan to allow us to get some of these items in game, though hues and/or functions will be different.

Q: Can we buy each item individually?
A: EA Japan will offer these items not so soon after the release of 11th anniversary items collection.

They don't mention about the ways or possiblity for non-Japanese users to get this edition. There's no way for abroad users from Japan to buy this as long as I know, but I suppose UO team will offer these to you soon.

No disks. Only items. It will be released on November, 13th.

3577 Yen on amazon.co.jp(about 30$).

~~~~

Asking straight away CassieDarksong wrote

A confirmation on these for 11th anni gifts or something for us state side would be nifty right about now.

~~~~

Kyrie Elaison said what most of us are probably thinking.

Kind of irritating that they release the items to Japan and leave the rest of us hanging.

~~~~

Whilst Petra Fyde wrote

Why do I get the feeling that the Japanese office have jumped the gun and published something before the agreed release date? Again?

and

You've forgotten that an unauthorised promise from Japan stampeded KR into an earlier than intended release?

~~~~

while Kratos Aurion asked

Ok let me get this straight. EA Japan can create an implement the very book shelves we've been asking for for years and EA America can't? They even developed it with graphic changes as to have no books when its empty and filled with books with stored items. I sure hope we get those.

~~~~

After a plethera of replies *cough* on the 30 use items RedRum posted.

"Hitching Post: You can stable your pets with this post 30 times when it is locked down. You can choose the access level of it. You can recharge it using a Hitching Rope on it."

I wonder if this will interact with the real stables or will it be separate thing...IE my dexxer has 2 stabled/bonded pets at Brit Stables (all he's allowed), I go home, Stable a 3rd bonded pet at my house (or maybe up to 30 more??) then, I ride off into the sunset on yet another...4th bonded pet.
This would make for more stable slots that I've seen people whining about here on Stratics. If this is the answer to more stable slots, people better start getting OLD real quick.
I've got 2 months to go until I'm eligible for my 11th year vet rewards, however, I find myself not needing more stable slots at this time. This would still be a nice reward to have for claiming my pets while at home though.

Just read the "Vet Reward" -vs- "Anniversary item". Makes sense that this might be an 11th anni item, not a vet reward.

~~~~

the ' to be expected posts ' from

kennykilleduo

Those are cool items , sadl we won't see them our team is to busy working on next publish ( seems like a long time) or the next expansion ( been working on this for over 6 months, so far , SHOULD be amazing) or there working on WAR ( which has had MANY , MANY patches or updates in last few weeks) , you decide...

and

RaDian FIGith

Of course, my real question is, with things that you're spending actual money on, why would they implement something with limited charges that CANNOT be recharged? Like, 30 charges to change the colors of your Bulk Order Deed books? Why is that limited charge, and WHY would it not be more like a dye-tub or something? That's a utility thing that would help sorting BOD books, so of course, they offer a very limited thing for it.

Also, the armor engraver? Why not have it recharge much like the weapon engraver? Why would I spend real money on something that is gone in 30 uses?

The other stuff looks cool, but I'll be honest, it's BS that you have to BUY a bookshelf that changes settings when filled with items. That's how the EXISTING bookshelf should work.

Basically, it comes to this: Rather than implement stuff into the game that people have been asking for, they're going to implement it with a price tag.

Also, keep in mind, there isn't a Japanese development team (to my knowledge)... there's an EA Japan that asks Mythic to develop stuff for them, but all of the development resources come out of Mythic at present. Which means while we folks here in the U.S. get the shaft, again, the Japanese get development time spent for promotions that we don't benefit from.

Clearly we know where the larger playerbase is.

~~~~
Jeremy posted [ 10-16-2008, 11:26 PM ]

I'll have a post up shortly with the details of this promotion and how it applies to the rest of the regions - it will be similar to last year's Anniversary promotion.

~~~~

and while Capricious LOVES the items

*drops jaw* Those are awesome. I really hope they extend it to the US shards.

she says

Although I won't pay $30 rl for items only honestly. They should give a choice to each account as a thank you for being with the game.

~~~~

10-17-2008, 12:10 AM Katlene wrote how she

*sits with bated breath waiting for jeremy's next reply*

and JC asked

Originally Posted by Jeremy_EAMythic View Post
I'll have a post up shortly with the details of this promotion and how it applies to the rest of the regions - it will be similar to last year's Anniversary promotion.

What was last year's promotion? I didn't know there was one.

~~~~

Uriah Heep reminded us

As I recall, it was a box with two heritage tokens and another fireworks wand, which was hastily tossed together after everyone on here was bitching about the 10th anniversary milestone being passed with barely a nod from EA/Mythic.

Kinda like this years *winks*

~~~~

Several posts later Uriah was in there again [10-17-2008, 12:57 AM ]

Originally Posted by JC the Builder View Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy_EAMythic View Post

What was last year's promotion? I didn't know there was one.

LOL
And this is the part that makes me want to scream and throw things. EAJapan is already advertising Anny stuffs, it's now 8pm Eastern,and we are waiting on a post telling us what we can get...no ad, just a note about it. I can hear it now at corporate in Va, "Who the hell authorized them to make that public already!?!" "WTF?!?! It's the anniversary already? geez!"

LOL
Just toss a couple of tokens in a box, and call it done already...put a stop to the bleedin'

~~~~

Jeremy did post very late into her evening [ she must of been at her PC till midnight]

Japan had a box which included the increased storage space, the Legacy token (with the soulstone/charger/shroud) and the 7th character slot. It was available exclusively through that physical box for 30 days, then the bits went on sale online as codes. This year will follow a similar plan - I need to confirm some of the finer details before I post, though.

but as of today 23rd of October 14.42 [UK time] there has been nothing more from Jeremy.That could change by late this evening [ UK time though]

I have refrained from putting up any other posts after Jeremy's as they arent really suitable for our forums :reye

Any updates we will get to you asap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Here's the relevant info from the Chicago Town Hall Meeting last weekend -

11th Anniversary Items:

* The items were supposed to be announced in a communication to BOTH Japan and the US, but there was a communication breakdown in marketing.
* The package will be released as a retail box in Japan in November.
* The items available in Japan will be exclusively available via the Japanese retail box for 30 days. After 30 days, they will be available in the US and elsewhere via the UOGameCodes.com store.
* Jeremy will release more details next week at the earliest, though more likely closer to December.
* There will be stuff included in the 11th Anniversary celebration that will be free.
* A suggestion for 11th Anniversary chariots was “noted” by Jeremy. Leurocian responded with, “That would be pretty cool!”

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Thanks for the update kitiara.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
pretty sweet :)

Moonstar

Moonstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
I hope the stable hitch will be a free gift because seriously. how long have we been wanting that? well i know that i have for years .. actually what i really want is a way to have house pets .. a pet staying in the house w/o losing loyalty and going free and maybe even being a protector .. like guard dog(or dragon :P) but the hitch is nice too and since it has charges it doesn't seem right hat one would have to pay for it .. what's a hitching rope anyway?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Doesn't anyone care that they come off sounding whiny anymore? Geeze. I specifically remember Jeremy saying these would come available to us and she explained why. That's good enough for me as there are valid business reasons for it but no, many players just have to have it their own way or they'll scream bloody murder as if they need a diaper change. :reye Even my ex-girlfriends 3 month old twins don't cry as much as the UO Player base.

I should add I'm referring to many of the Stratics posts, not the posts here. Stratics has gotten too whiny and negative for me, which is why I'm spending most of my time here at UOForums.

Moonstar

Moonstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
i just noticed 2 things
1.. this thread was 3 days stale when i replied to it and
2 I totaly found a deed to a 'willow' that turned out to be that dead twisted tree in that picture while playing test center.
I guess now i will have to make a new char there to see what i get

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Doesn't anyone care that they come off sounding whiny anymore? Geeze. I specifically remember Jeremy saying these would come available to us and she explained why. That's good enough for me as there are valid business reasons for it but no, many players just have to have it their own way or they'll scream bloody murder as if they need a diaper change. :reye Even my ex-girlfriends 3 month old twins don't cry as much as the UO Player base.

I should add I'm referring to many of the Stratics posts, not the posts here. Stratics has gotten too whiny and negative for me, which is why I'm spending most of my time here at UOForums.

There are people on stratics (I won't name names, it would take too long) who make a point to complain about everything. I would find it less annoying if they came up with new complaints every once in a while, but like GMs have a list of canned responses, these people have a list of canned complaints. Soon, the whole process will be automated and we won't have to read any more.

But I digress, what I really wanted to say is:

While there are some really nice things that I've waited years for (filled book case, hitching post), I certainly won't pay real money for it! I spend too much on my hobby already.

oompaloompa

oompaloompa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Instead of waisting cardboard and releasing a box, why not do what WoW does and just release a CD in a small package that sales for like 10 bucks. How much does a CD cost? Expecially if your trying to get new people into the game. Its cheap to do and alot of curious people out there who much actually try uo out. Dont waist money on a big box just put something out there that even for us players might actually buy since alot of us might of lost our CDs

Markus Balthazar

Markus Balthazar

Nerves of steel!!!!

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
wow, I would like the ancient tombstone. Looks nice. What would be even nicer would be coloured hooded robes with stat boosters.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 11th, anniversary, collection, ea, heavy, items, japan, screenshot