Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Imbuing Clarifications from Leurocian

- - - - - clarifications imbuing leurocian

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I don't know about the Devs but Regine seems too. Mag created a post Anyone have the inside scoop on Christmas gifts? and she responded about three or four times. I was shocked and very pleased. Like you I have only a set amount of in game time and I have a uber Crafter with main crafts and a mage with GM Alky and some script. I am in a wait and see mode and hope this new skill compliments rather than replaces other crafts. I want to think that truly successful and powerful imbuing of an object requires total skill in what you are imbuing. A bow needs GM Fletching with GM Imbue for anyone to see the truly powerful item. I like the direction if it follows what I hope rather than what you have thoughtfully pointed out. If they are careful they will avoid what you have presented.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

@Veracose, Farsight, ~M, If the smith skill is required in addition to embueing to work on smith items (that was not my understanding) then I will feel a little better. If you do indeed find this in your research I would be gratefull for the info. Also, if I may ask, Do the Dev's read any of these posts?

Thanks,

Yossarian of LS

They read mine =)

I get the impression that several of them lurk here. Regine posts frequently, too (as Mortae mentioned).

I haven't actually found the answer to the question of whether GM crating skills will be required to imbue items. I'm still looking - I swear I saw it somewhere.

~M

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Personally I think it should require at least the ability to create the base item to use imbue on it, or maybe have 25% exceptional chance.

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I am interested to see what uses I can put it to. I work alot and play about one hour a day when I get home (by play I mean make oil cloths till my eyes bleed). the imbue/myst combo sounds like something my mage will be sharing with my crafter(working that soulstone hard). I also like the sound of that 120 mining and by like I mean groan. Mining is the most tedious training ever(way worse than taming). Unless there is some crazy new metal they are introing I am not interested in 120 mining. I have been stocking up on alacrity scrolls for just such a apocolyptic event and i'm ready to do what i gotta do but man.....I wish they would just raise the older accounts up by 10 skill make it 730 for anyone older than AOS. man I could put 10 points to good use.

Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I take it by the lack of response, that no one has found out if crafting skill is required to embue. I have been searching for the answer but have not found it. If there is a developer that reads these posts please reply and set my fears at ease.

Yossarian

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I just looked this up for you. Here is the link. It will be a skill.

http://www.uoherald....lls/imbuing.php

Hope this helps
Add to the Joy of Life rather than others Misery!!

Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Mortae,
I appreciate the post but the link does not answer the question of whether or not a character with max imbueing skill, but zero crafting skill will be able to imbue items. thank you though.

Yossarian

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
You are absolutely right about that. I had remembered an earlier post about this being skill based action and thought that was what needed clarification. This would be a great FoF question. I would speculate that even if one doesnt need the skill to craft the item you are embuing there will be bonuses awarded those that do. It really doesnt say that to embue an item you need that particular craft skill. I would think that would be a real bad faux pas on EA's part, not beyond them, but too glaring to overlook.
Add to the Joy of Life rather than others Misery!!

Guest_striker_*

Guest_striker_*
  • Guests
according to what i have read from an interview with leurocian imbueing will not require that we have smithing but we will get an improved success chance for having it

Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Where was this interview striker? I would very much like to read it. If what you say is true and I can find no evidence to the contrary, then crafting is going to become a thing of the past. Good Lord I hope they rethink this issue.

Yossarian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clarifications, imbuing, leurocian