Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Customer Support is so awful

- - - - - awful customer support

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Virtually an entire guild of players a few nights ago engraved their weapons with completely inappropriate and harassing statements towards our guild. Several people paged and no GM showed up for over an hour. The queue might have even been broken that night. If you said this stuff out loud in-game you would get at least a 3 day suspension.

But no, that didn't happen. All we've seen in response is their weapons have been renamed to "Removed by a GM" in the engraving. Even if they just deleted the weapons, that would have been good. It took them a lot of duped Valorite hammers to get those weapons, they are all 5 mod 99%+ intensity ones. Worth quite a bit. I actually have video of this and am just figuring out how to upload it because the content would be considered mature. Plus we have one that they forgot to insure in our possession, just waiting for a Gamemaster to look at.

Systematic harassment used to be highly illegal and now it seems that you can get away with it because customer service can't connect one incident to the dozen others.

At the same time this is going on, we have a guildmate struggling to keep hold of his account while someone who sold it 6 years ago is tricking CS to give it back. You can read all about it here: http://vboards.strat...ad.php?t=107224

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
This sounds like a petty playground argument, really no need to get that worked up about it is it?

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
If someone gloated about raping you with a mace, I think the teacher would get involved.

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
It appears as if it was addressed, the weapons were renamed.

Asking for them to be deleted is laughable however.

Edit: Oh, and the games been out 11 years; it's general knowledge that the customer service is a steaming pile of !!!!.

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

If someone gloated about raping you with a mace, I think the teacher would get involved.

Yeah my point is it should stay on the playground. Most children wouldn't tell.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just suggesting its nothing to get worked up about

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

It appears as if it was addressed, the weapons were renamed.

The issue of the systemic harassment has not been addressed. This has been going on for months. Every week they pull something new. They are also one of the main proprietors behind the Wintermoor incident 2 months ago. They are running around bragging about how their weapons got renamed by a GM. Wow, that was some real punishment. I'm sure they learned their lesson.

I thought these guys would have gotten their main accounts banned a long time ago after seeing the hundreds of hammers they duped each week. I don't know how they got away with it during that banning.

If anyone wants to see some of the stuff they wrote you can download/watch this video (8MB large): http://www.hot-guild.../harassment.avi

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Well of course duping isn't right

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I always thought using the "R" word in game was a perma ban. How come they don't do that with writing that on a weapon?? Whether written on a weapon or said in-game I was always under the impression that the use of THAT word was a perma ban.... NO If's And's or Buts..... just banned.... I happen to know several folk who were banned for the use of that word... Seems to me like whoever it is against your guild has the GM's on the take.... I would certainly go over their helmet and file a complaint with the GM review board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

The issue of the systemic harassment has not been addressed. This has been going on for months. Every week they pull something new. They are also one of the main proprietors behind the Wintermoor incident 2 months ago. They are running around bragging about how their weapons got renamed by a GM. Wow, that was some real punishment. I'm sure they learned their lesson.

I thought these guys would have gotten their main accounts banned a long time ago after seeing the hundreds of hammers they duped each week. I don't know how they got away with it during that banning.

If anyone wants to see some of the stuff they wrote you can download/watch this video (8MB large): http://www.hot-guild.../harassment.avi

Oh, in that case yeah, they need to be taken care of.

Mythic needs to hire more GMs...

And by GMs I mean longtime players that know what they're doing.

And by longtime players I mean me.

Lyconis

Lyconis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sounds like the support worked.

I've been told to commit suicide and do other wonders to myself. I just banned the players from my home or found another place to run around. I've also used the in game mute or ignore feature, but I suppose that won't help with weapons inscriptions. If everyone had a little tougher skin I think the world may be a better place. PVP'ers used to use verbal provocation, now I'd rather not say a word in PVP as I may get banned for saying something.

I will say that there is no consistency with UO and their rules and that should be looked at. I'd definitely like to see something done about players that dupe items and what not. Would be nice if we could get some support on cheating rather than having to rely on "playground verbal abuse" to remove cheaters from the game.

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

Would be nice if we could get some support on cheating rather than having to rely on "playground verbal abuse" to remove cheaters from the game.

For what it's worth, Jeremy said we can expect to hear something about some cheating countermeasures that are underway within the next month or two. They could not talk about it in any more detail at the Chicago town hall this past weekend for legal reasons, they said.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: awful, customer, support