Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sarnur = Good

- - - - - good sarnur

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Well, I enjoy playing all of my toons, but with MoM on the horizon I am trying to get my main finished as best I can.

My gear isn't the best you can get, but it isn't too bad. I don't really have 4+ hours of time to run the rift. I have the Rift gloves and thats it.

My main focus right now is finishing the books and doing deeds. I am on book 14 chapter 12 right now. I am getting back into deeds now. I took a break for awhile after knocking out about 5 deeds last weekend. I finished Misty Mountain wargs last night. I had only been to Sarnur one other time, and only killed like 20 trolls before the group broke up. Well, last night I went back with 2 kin members. Another champ and a loremaster. We killed maybe 40 more trolls before it got out of hand. There were so many other groups down there it wasn't worth doing. We tried the higher level trolls deeper in, but after 2 fights with goblin adds due to getting thrown by trolls we left before disaster had a chance to get us. I still need sarnur dwarves and beasts, so I killed them for a bit. I got some really nice loot from killing the dwarves.

I am planning on going back the next couple of nights and finishing all the deeds in there. I just want my champion to be as strong as possible going into MoM.

Edit: Does anyone know where to obtain a bagpipe from? Everytime I check the AH I can't find any but have seen some folks with them.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You can find basic bag pipes sold at these locations.

4 hours to run the rift is a long time, but the more your group runs it, the faster it will go. Killing dwarves is always a good thing. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
You run the entire Rift in less than 4 hours? Holy cow. Like I said, I have only been on one run and it took over 2 hours and we stopped after Zogtark. Thats roughly 1/2 way isn't it?

My kinship has downed the Balrog several times, but they don't Rift much anymore. A lot of the regular runners are taking a break from LotRo. I got in on the action pretty late in the game.

I am really not that worried about the Rift gear. I eventually would like to do it, but I just want my character ready for MoM. I am sure there will be better armor available in the expansion.

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Better than doing a full CD run, that one takes forever (ok we did it with a PUG in around 10 odd hours..)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Full CD is really annoying.. I did a full one once.. took Guardians of Anninumas and me uhm... 4-5hours i think. But all very good players and one of them knew CD inside out.

So what Aly said about pugging CD is very correct.

About Rift.
If you got some people who know their classes very well + someone who is very good within Rift of what is there.. Then its pretty easy till the balrog atleast.

Rift item.. some say they will upgrade the rift items in MoM.. some say they wont. I say, Why should they upgrade the items people already got? Ofc there will be alot better items in MoM, The current sets are a bit.. erm.. I dunno.. I feel like they focus on wrong stats at times.. I think this will be a change in MoM hence why they will be better. So dont really Bother Rifting till MoM unless you want to see it all.

Posted Image

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I have decided that all I am doing is deeds. Trying to improve gear right now seems foolish. I am stockpiling some mats and cash so I don't have to farm for awhile once MoM is released.

I didn't do anything too productive, mostly screwed around. I ran Fornost last night. Trying to get the armor trophy from the last boss still. Maybe next time I will win the roll. Fornost is actually pretty fun to overpower. The group was myself, excellent 50 guardian, 50 minstrel and 3 39-43 hunters. We were grabbing HUGE groups of whatever was laying around and just pounding it. I had a straight AoE fest. I am amazed the minnie kept me alive a few times.

I have only done CD once, and we did it over a two day period. I have no idea how long it took. My guess would be around 5 hours, but it could have been longer.

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
oi, PUGs can be... interesting.. if you have a good group then something like CD doesnt take so long, but with a group that doesn't know what to do it can take very long... (as in rift the other day-2 bosses took us... 5 hours? it really shouldn't be that long tbh. at least i was lucky on the roll and was able to get some new boots)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enryth

Enryth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Awesome! Congrats on the boots! I have generally had good luck with pugs. Usually someone has done the quest before and can lead us through it. Not to say that everyone in the group is going to cooperate, but thats another story.

I should qualify my above statement. I pug it for common quests and deed grinding only. I absolutely will not go into CD, Uru or anywhere else that is difficult/long with a pug. My kinship is currently running CD/Uru/BG regularly trying to get everyone everything they need/want before MoM. No reason for me to fool around with folks I don't know. Now, if we have an open slot we usually fill it with a pug but just out of good spirit and helpfulness.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: good, sarnur