Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Saving UO Macros while re-installing???

- - - - - macros reinstalling saving uo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lord_of_Rage

Lord_of_Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
After Pub. 55 came out I have difficulty updating the client. I have overlooked it and just hit cancel to play game on startup for some time now, because I have a few accounts i play and TONS of UO macros saved. And I am dreading having to pull out spells and reset macros for every toon.:huh

Is there a way to save the macros and just move a file when I re-install game? I located the macro files, I just don't know if it will work. Just want to know for future use, because I am going to try and copy folders and import them back when new client is installed.

Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
There is!

You go into the UO directory, find the desktop folder. This contains all macros for all characters on all servers. Just take this, copy it and put it some place safe. Uninstall, reinstall, then just copy and paste the desktop folder in. Then you have your macros.

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Don't forget any macros you have set with UOAssist too. For that you will want to program files\UOAssist and copy the UOA-Settings folder to the same place you copied the desktop folder mentioned above.

The desktop folder will have all your screen settings and saved icons as well as any in game macros you have set for each character.

UOA-Settings folder will have any macros you have saved for UOAssist.
Posted Image

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I didnt know that. Thanks!

Lord_of_Rage

Lord_of_Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Don't forget any macros you have set with UOAssist too. For that you will want to program files\UOAssist and copy the UOA-Settings folder to the same place you copied the desktop folder mentioned above.

The desktop folder will have all your screen settings and saved icons as well as any in game macros you have set for each character.

UOA-Settings folder will have any macros you have saved for UOAssist.

Well, I didn't have to uninstall UOA. I just uninstalled 8th age from the program menu. And everything worked like a charm, and all my UOA macros still exist. Good info though, thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macros, reinstalling, saving, uo