Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

uo auto map

- - - - - auto map uo

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

technician

technician

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have no idea why the author didn't give the project to someone else or open source part of UOAM (I can't understand why he might not want all of it open source). I've used it for years and many people have tons of custom way points set up.

Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

UOAM.net down for the last two days .....

Anyone know if this is a temp/perm thing??

Spree was kind enough to post on Stratics that she found an old archived copy of the uoam.net web page. (Looks like it's from February 6, 2008.)

Go here:

http://web.archive.o...m.net/uoam.html

Then scroll down a bit to Installation Instructions (or click on the "Downloads" link near the top of the page) and click the big blue button that says "Click Here to Install UO Auto-Map." That should start the download process for you.

I recommend saving the executable file rather than just running it in case you have to reinstall again later for some reason.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I have no idea why the author didn't give the project to someone else or open source part of UOAM (I can't understand why he might not want all of it open source).

UOAM is one of the very few applications approved for UO. If the source code got out or was open sourced, then players could potentially have an avenue to develop new unapproved features and exploits.

There is probably a clause in the UOPRO program which prevents authors from transferring their work. EA would probably void the status and we couldn't use UOAM anymore. Perhaps literally if they tell Tugsoft to disable UOAssist's auto-calibration which is needed for UOAM to work.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
The UOAM black screen for my friend was caused by the UOAM preferences looking in the wrong folder for the UO map files.

He set that and the maps popped up instantly.

Edit; no, you don't need UOA. You only need UOA [uoa has a neat "-where" command as well] for the auto-calibration to work correctly.

Read: You only need to use UOA if you don't have a sextant (I forget, but it's either tinkers, cartographers, or mapmakers that have these) since you're running KR.

Otherwise, without UOA, you'll need to use a sextant to put the coordinates in each time you log-in. Not that big of a deal, if you ask me. I did it all the time before UOA was approved/before I had UOA.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
After replying to Barney here I found this thread,so apologies if I duplicated anything.Its worth a read through tho as it maybe explains a few things .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Read: You only need to use UOA if you don't have a sextant (I forget, but it's either tinkers, cartographers, or mapmakers that have these) since you're running KR.

Otherwise, without UOA, you'll need to use a sextant to put the coordinates in each time you log-in. Not that big of a deal, if you ask me. I did it all the time before UOA was approved/before I had UOA.

Are you telling me, that if I carry a sextant I can use UO Auto Map with KR?!? :o

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Are you telling me, that if I carry a sextant I can use UO Auto Map with KR?!? :o

It won't auto-calibrate... even in regular UO client without UO Assist running I couldn't get it to auto-calibrate. So basically you move, use sextant, input co-ords into the UOAM to get a general idea of where you are, then move... etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
i have always put sextant in my bag. use moongate. upon arriving in luna, don't move, use sextant, input coords, wala, calibrated.

Piper Everwood

Piper Everwood

Devil or Angel???

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
My map works just fine. Sometimes it will stick and have to manually swtich to which area im in. But I havent had to many problems with mine and it works well when im putting in cord for sos''s. I dont think I could play without it. I'd be lost. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I can understand why the original guy no longer maintains it, he's moved on and it's not his baby anymore. On the other hand, I don't know why Stratics, EA/Mythic or someone else reputable in the community won't pick it up, at least hosting the download, to avoid precisely this sort of predicament of unknown people redistributing it. Some people use UOAM religiously, and it's more or less a built-in type of feature in other games.

Anewbe4u

Anewbe4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

As posted before, I suggest if you use it you download it for future reference.

Also, I believe there is a warning in the app saying its not to be distrubuted by anyone or any site other than the Automap site.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

As posted before, I suggest if you use it you download it for future reference.

Also, I believe there is a warning in the app saying its not to be distrubuted by anyone or any site other than the Automap site.

Agreed
Unless permission has been granted by the author, no one should be hosting UOAM
Links posted to "alternative" download locations will be removed.

Yaya'Ri

Yaya'Ri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Well ive been to the UOam site saved the exe and when i tried to install alli got was { setup .exe is not a valid win 32 application}

Any tips that i can use ? thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auto, map, uo