Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

uo auto map

- - - - - auto map uo

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

jagg

jagg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
is uo automap not accurate anymore? I was out with my fisherman, and putting in coordinates for sos locations, and it would get me close, but would not be on the spot. I had to manually guide my self to the right coordinates, and a triple and quadrupale checked the coordinates

Valas

Valas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
UO Automap is no longer being updated anymore unfortunatley :(. This could have something to do with your issue.

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

is uo automap not accurate anymore? I was out with my fisherman, and putting in coordinates for sos locations, and it would get me close, but would not be on the spot. I had to manually guide my self to the right coordinates, and a triple and quadrupale checked the coordinates

It may be that you need to re-calibrate.... I believe if you get yourself as close as you can to Lord British's Throne with by the way has the co-ordinates of 0/0...... then you can recal UO-Automap..... there is a thing to do that in one of the dropdowns on the top. Good luck Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I can't even get anything to come up on UOAM other than a black screen. I see no maps anymore. Tis a bummer.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I just used it a few days ago, perhaps your map files got corrupted and just need to reload it?

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

I just used it a few days ago, perhaps your map files got corrupted and just need to reload it?

It happened on both my laptop and desktop systems - and last week I did a fresh load, as I had to reload Windows and UO and everything else... no dice. :-/

I play mostly KR now anyway, so it's irrelevant, but occasionally I do play 2D (like, for fishing) as it's just easier.

natbrazil

natbrazil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Doesn't it require UOA to track correctly. I used UOAM the other day w/no problem, but I know it doesn't work right for me unless I have UOA running first.
... Nat
ICQ 95201612

See the world, Join the FCB @ www.theFCB.com

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
ahhh interesting - i hadn't re-installed UOA since i mostly play KR anyway. I'll try that - thanks!!!

Kitsune

Kitsune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
They may not be updating it any longer but I find that it works fine if you rune UO Assist first then run UO Auto map. Just won't have anything new.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Bummer, loaded up UOAssist and then auto map, and now I see maps instead of just black, but the map isn't accurate to where I'm standing and it doesn't move or change or anything.

All I really want it for is to figure out the UOAM coordinates of my house!!!

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Yes you need UOA and I believe all you have to do is click track people in UOMAP

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
w00t RTM !

http://www.uoam.net/...q.html#TRACKING

http://www.uoam.net/....html#CALIBRATE

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Will try the calibration - already checked to ensure that "track player" was turned on. thx!

ehb

ehb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
All you need is a sextant to calibrate uoam. The sextant will give you your current location, and just put that in uoam, and there ya go.

Sad thing that one of the finest tools for uo is now a dead horse. Had hope someone that has the skills would have made an alt. mapping program.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I had even more hoped that KR would have incorporated UOAM's functionality into the client. They had said that one of their goals in creating KR was to include features that players had to rely on third party apps for in 2D, but UOAM's features weren't really included - or if they are, they're not nearly as transparent and easy to use, as I haven't figured them out in KR!

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

I had even more hoped that KR would have incorporated UOAM's functionality into the client. They had said that one of their goals in creating KR was to include features that players had to rely on third party apps for in 2D, but UOAM's features weren't really included - or if they are, they're not nearly as transparent and easy to use, as I haven't figured them out in KR!

Maps in KR need *serious* improvement, which they are supposedly getting in SA... (They'll start displaying player houses again, for one!)
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
UOAM.net down for the last two days .....

Anyone know if this is a temp/perm thing??

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I have found that when running Vista you have to run UO Automap as and administrator or it will not track your location.

Simply right click the icon and choose the option to "run as administrator"
Posted Image

Gwendar

Gwendar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I can't even get anything to come up on UOAM other than a black screen. I see no maps anymore. Tis a bummer.

I had that problem with win 98. It went away when I got xp.

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Im on XP, so Vista isn't doing it.

Assume by response nobody else is having this issue?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auto, map, uo