Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

info and price check on a statue in a box please

- - - - - box check info price statue

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

rmjcsr

rmjcsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I got a box from an idoc the other day weighs 255 stones but only has a statue in it that can't be removed.Any info on this would be great:) Thank you

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

I got a box from an idoc the other day weighs 255 stones but only has a statue in it that can't be removed.Any info on this would be great:) Thank you

Any chance you can post a screenshot of it ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
That was the OLLLLLLD dupe method, prior to tram, and shortly after its inception...Statues, pieces of tanned hides, different things could be duped somehow by getting the static item into the box...once there, it couldn't be taken back out, but you could destroy the box and it would once again be a static item. That's why there were so many of those statues and things around banks and stuff or just a statue out in a random location. This was when the statues were rare drops off ratmen mages ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

rmjcsr

rmjcsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Any chance you can post a screenshot of it ?

Sure can if you can tell me how :)

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I have one of these with 2 statues in it (rarer I'm told) and a box with a partial old stretched leather that I'd be interested in PC too. I'll grab screenshots later.

Vader

Vader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

That was the OLLLLLLD dupe method, prior to tram, and shortly after its inception...Statues, pieces of tanned hides, different things could be duped somehow by getting the static item into the box...once there, it couldn't be taken back out, but you could destroy the box and it would once again be a static item. That's why there were so many of those statues and things around banks and stuff or just a statue out in a random location. This was when the statues were rare drops off ratmen mages ;)

Wasnt a dupe method, was easy to obtain waaaayyyy back, think it was around 2000 or 2001, so Trammel was already there.
And the Statues started to drop from the Ratmage and Pixies in Ilshenar (first of all only Pixies dropped them, was during TD Beta time) cause EA wanted to bring this stuff regular In Game, like with the tanned Hides that were brought in with Tailor BOD System. If it is ok to post here how this stuff was created please say so and I´ll post it here :)

Sure can if you can tell me how

2 ways:
1. Just press the PrintScreen (or Prnt Scrn) button on the keyboard , then openyour favorite graphic proggy, click edit, then paste, voila, you have a screenshot.
2. Download UO Screenshot Utility and use it
(http://uob.zarum.de/...ads/uosu140.zip its from a german UO Site www.ultimaonline.de)

Whatever seems easier for you :)

For the PC: Since it is a bug Item, cant be moved out of the box, and cant be moved after the box is destroyed, the same stuff is movable IG ... pohhh ... if you are lucky and find a collector maybe 1 Million

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Isn't it one of those 'if the higher ups find it it can be detrimental to your account deal' though, like water tiles?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Sure can if you can tell me how :)

Open >User CP>Scroll down to >Networking

Select >Pictures & Albums

Select > Add an Album

Click > Upload Pictures

CLick > Browse

Locate picture on your pc

Click > Upload Pictures

Once thats done,copy paste yhe link into your post using the

Posted Image image at top of this window :)

Good Luck !!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Isn't it one of those 'if the higher ups find it it can be detrimental to your account deal' though, like water tiles?

It's not on the list, but that doesn't mean much. It might have been created in the same way as things that are on the list (portable forges, etc), which puts it in the "highly suspect" category. I've never heard of any action being taken against portable statues though.

There are also at least two types of statues-in-a-box, the more common being the ratman statues, and the very rare being the two story (aka Covetous) statues. I haven't heard of anyone owning a two story statue in years, but I don't pay as much attention to the rares market as I did years ago.

So a screenshot would definitely be welcome.

rmjcsr

rmjcsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
ok here goes hope it works :)
http://www.uoforums....-picture525.jpg

CapLoD

CapLoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
these were created during the "forced spawn" days.

basically you placed boxes around shops (tailor, herbalist, tanner etc.) and after time things spawned in them.

Stretched hides, statues etc.... This was before you could make the statues and get stretched hides as a bod reward so they were valuable.

now not so much.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Heh, I remember those.
I remember someone stuck a ton around britain bank on Baja (or was it Legends? hmm)
It blocked off half the "street", but they soon dissapeared, no doubt removed by GM's.

rmjcsr

rmjcsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Thank you all for the replies and history of this item.I'm not so much into the value of it but i do like the back story.I played UO back in 1998 for about 6 months and just started fresh about a year ago so I missed alot :)Once again Thank You

CapLoD

CapLoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Heh, I remember those.
I remember someone stuck a ton around britain bank on Baja (or was it Legends? hmm)
It blocked off half the "street", but they soon dissapeared, no doubt removed by GM's.

i used to use them to corral plague beasts then macro summon creature on them.

after a few hours I would kill them and loot a TON of magic weaps and armor (cant remember the armor so maybe not armor).

Good times. I still have some of the mutation cores and healthy glands from doing this.

They were also difficult to get gms to remove so very useful for blocking house placement.

fishnaxter

fishnaxter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have one on GL

I didnt know the back story- I had heard it was a reward of some sort

I know its old- Mine is a statue and weighs 255 stones

I know for sure that if you smash the box with an axe the statue will be at that exact spot "forever" there is one near Brit bank on a few shards and some other random spots

Ive been offered 100 mil or so -- it would be a great guild or memorial event to have a ceremony and smash the box, thereby leaving the statue at that location for all time

I tried it a couple years ago when they copied Great Lakes into the test shard

CapLoD

CapLoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
lol damn another item to add to my list of rares for sale.

I still have a hide in a box. Didn't think it would be valuable.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I have one on GL

I didnt know the back story- I had heard it was a reward of some sort

I know its old- Mine is a statue and weighs 255 stones

I know for sure that if you smash the box with an axe the statue will be at that exact spot "forever" there is one near Brit bank on a few shards and some other random spots

Ive been offered 100 mil or so -- it would be a great guild or memorial event to have a ceremony and smash the box, thereby leaving the statue at that location for all time

I tried it a couple years ago when they copied Great Lakes into the test shard

A buddy of mine showed me a box he had to lock down to let me see, because he couldn't put it in the trade window. Had 2-3 in there (I can't recall which) and was super-heavy.

He'd crap if told him it was worth that much for one, I think he wanted to throw it away or something.:o

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
A hundred million?!

At last, I hit the IDOC jackpot. I've had one of those since the great housing collapse (of 2001?). I toyed with the idea of leaving it behind in place of my Fel Keep if I ever leave the game for good.

Now, I might just have to sell that sucker.

~M

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

A hundred million?!

At last, I hit the IDOC jackpot. I've had one of those since the great housing collapse (of 2001?). I toyed with the idea of leaving it behind in place of my Fel Keep if I ever leave the game for good.

Now, I might just have to sell that sucker.

~M

Any luck selling that sucker?

I'd be interested to know how it panned out. :P

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Any luck selling that sucker?

I'd be interested to know how it panned out. :P

Not yet. I'm still in Iraq.

~M