Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

how in the world do I raise dex and drop int now?

- - - - - dex drop int raise world

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

drawn

drawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
how do i raise dex while dropping int nowadays?

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Are your stats maxed? If so, set your Dex arrow up, and your Int arrow down, and perform a dexterity based skill like musicianship. Have whatever skill you are using set to raise also, and you should see gains in Dex while the points are taken from Int.

Fencing, music, swords, etc...

Anyone have the link to the stats associated with skills?
  • drawn likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
the skill doesnt have to correlate with the stat anymore.. just turn up the stat you want to gain and down the one you want to loose from..

my personal favorite is using arms lore and item id on a newbie dagger... do the 10 pt shuffle while at skill cap..

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Thanks, Rashad! Didn't know it didn't need to correlate.... makes things a tad easier=).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
I'm curious, when was it changed?

As far as I know it's still this list :

Spoiler

Haven't seen an update where it was stated we went back to the previous state of gaining. Though it would be great info :)
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
i'm thinking this changed quite some time ago, although i cant back that with a link to the info..

consequently, looking at your list, arms lore and item id covers all 3 stats..

i do believe i read it somewhere once upon a time though..

can anyone else confirm this?

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Well, in the beginning of UO stats were skill related.

Then after some years they change that.

Several months ago, they changed back to the skill related gains. Since then I haven't seen any changes to that, but it may have slipped in. I've been very busy in the past 3 months and lacked time to follow uo closely.

If it changed, I need to adapt my new player guides :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Well, in the beginning of UO stats were skill related.

Then after some years they change that.

Several months ago, they changed back to the skill related gains. Since then I haven't seen any changes to that, but it may have slipped in. I've been very busy in the past 3 months and lacked time to follow uo closely.

If it changed, I need to adapt my new player guides :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

drawn

drawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
for str and dex gains, raise your WEP Skill tab to the up position even if you are at the cap-

I was able to raise str and dex while dropping int last nite even at 120 macing as long as my Mace Skill was set to "up"

When I was raising necro/ss, i was able to raise int that way even when i was raising chivalry.

Thanks all :D

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Yes, you keep triggering stat gains on "phantom" skill gains when you hit the cap (but leave the skill to raise), but raising a lower skill triggers many more skill gains and thus more stat gains.

Though if you are at the skill cap, better use your method than raise a trash skill :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dex, drop, int, raise, world