Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Account age and veterancy

- - - - - account age veterancy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Karson

Karson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, I have spent several hours looking for an answer to this on the forums. My account dates back to Dec. 1997, and I was told that your account does not gain age unless it is active. When I left my account was at 72 months, would it still be at 72 months?

Thanks in advance.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I've never lost age when I've deactivated my account(s) for a month or 3, so dont see where or why yours would. Only thing that makes it difficult is that you know you've had the account 6 years, but because of the deactivations, it's only 5 years. Fair, yes...but still makes you think about it before using certain rewards.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
You account has to be active in order to gain months this is true, so regardless if your account is 8 years old or 3 years old if you don't keep it active it want gain months until you do have it active. So it could be 11 years old but due to times away from the game (With service canceled) then you might only be a 9 year vet.
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I deactivated my accounts for a single 6 week period after 9+ years of activity, and I ** DID ** lose that month in my account ages (across 5 accounts).

Once I reactivated them all, the timers turned back on. Your age only grows when your account is active. A friend of mine reactivated recently. He started playing in 97 but took the last 6 years off... so his account is only 5 years old, even though he opened it 11 years ago.

Karson

Karson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks guys, this clears up a lot of smoke and makes my decision much easier to make (which account I'm going to be using)!!

Markus Balthazar

Markus Balthazar

Nerves of steel!!!!

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
Sadly, accounts only age when active. We used only one account for two years and although both accounts were the same age, only the active account "aged". When we reactivated the other account it was 2 years younger than the other one :(
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, age, veterancy