Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Archer Armor Questions

- - - - - archer armor questions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Caelas

Caelas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello all, I play a pally archer (maybe soon ABC Archer). When I started on the Legends shard, I was given a decent starter suit. Now that I'm getting all grown up (har-har-har!) I'm looking to upgrade. The stats on my suit are kinda all over the place, resists aren't the best...so I'm looking for suggestions as to what armor pieces I should keep my eyes open for. Marty, artie, uber-crafted...its all good.

Also...metal armor like ring and chain mail...are they okay for Archers? Or are we stuck with leathers?

Thanks in advance.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
skip over here and take a quick read
http://www.uoforums....r-archer-52267/

Caelas

Caelas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

skip over here and take a quick read
http://www.uoforums....r-archer-52267/

OMG OMG OMG Shopping Lists!!! =)
Ok...now I need more money.

Caelas

Caelas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, so after looking at local prices and avilablility of the armor pieces listed in the thread linked above, I realized I was probably better off just going to my guildhouse and trying to put a suit together. Wow...never thought it would be this...strenuous. Just when I'd start to get the resists right, the mana regen would be way to small, so I'd adjust the other way and end up with resists all over the board...

Is there a trick to building a good suit, or was I just having bad luck finding the right pieces to fit together?

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
well Caelas, start out by casting reactive armor and protection on yourself.. this is going to nix your fast casting, but as an archer you shouldnt get in a bind where you need to be ripping off chiv heals..

then find yourself a good mana leech weapon (fast hitting 40% or better).. that will take care of your mana problems.

as far as essential pieces of armor, try to pick up a rune beetle carpace and storm grips atleast.. then fill with pieces of crafted armor with decent resists and some stam inc. to get your rate of fire up.

decent jewelery is easy to come by if you're hunting.. just look thru it, find some good stat jewlery with some hci on it.. to take the place a ring of the vile..

headgear will be the hardest to replace with a normal item.. hunters headdress or mace and shields are hard to replace.. but that also gives you a goal to work toward..

my suggestion, like in the other thead, get yourself some 'decent' gear, then hunt for the good stuff.. hit the gauntlet with a group, or do some peerless.. if nothing else you might get something you can sell so you're able to buy the big ticket items.. a blaze or ice blue hair dye from melisande would net you some decent $ and you might find a pair of mace and shields in your near future.

pick up bushido if you havent already.. lightening stirke is your friend..

Caelas

Caelas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok...I think I'm pretty much set...

I was able to find a RBC and Brightsight Lenses (yay mana regen!)
So now, my suit is...

70/70/59/49/75 (Yeah...poison is low, I know)
HCI 20
DCI 35
LMC 35
MR 8

Stats are 104/98/90. Gonna lose some HP for Dex. Left myself room to grow...and this doesn't include a bow OR totem. Just armor and jewelry. Still want to add some more LMC and HCI.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Ok...I think I'm pretty much set...

I was able to find a RBC and Brightsight Lenses (yay mana regen!)
So now, my suit is...

70/70/59/49/75 (Yeah...poison is low, I know)
HCI 20
DCI 35
LMC 35
MR 8

Stats are 104/98/90. Gonna lose some HP for Dex. Left myself room to grow...and this doesn't include a bow OR totem. Just armor and jewelry. Still want to add some more LMC and HCI.

thats a great start, now get out there and score some big ticket items!

Master Snow

Master Snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Ring of the vile!
Fortune Favors the Bold

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Now make sure you've got enough gold in the bank to cover your insurance needs! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
It is hard to beat an HCI Darkwood set with the correct jewels, talisman, quiver. Mana leech bow.

Caelas

Caelas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Haha, yeah, I got insurance money. Just need more of the mentioned big-ticket items. Darkwood HCI Set...hehe...that sounds like fun!

I've decided to go after the Arms Primer next...right now trying to find a good Dragon Slayer composite bow on Legends so I can go hunt dragons (duh). Figure turning in the leather will help a lot with the Library points, and the gold in my bank looks nice too. Just need that dang BOW.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Haha, yeah, I got insurance money. Just need more of the mentioned big-ticket items. Darkwood HCI Set...hehe...that sounds like fun!

I've decided to go after the Arms Primer next...right now trying to find a good Dragon Slayer composite bow on Legends so I can go hunt dragons (duh). Figure turning in the leather will help a lot with the Library points, and the gold in my bank looks nice too. Just need that dang BOW.

i see alot of slayer bows come off of thrasher and miasma..
or you could always go to the gauntlet just to follow the group and loot, lot of ppl dont even look in the corpses anymore other than to grab the gold.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, armor, questions