Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Attention!! Attention!! Housing Open In Guard Zones - Keep Spot in Britain

- - - - - attention britain guard housing open spot zones

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I just checked and while the newly placed houses are still there, for now at least, house placement has been indeed disabled in that area as it was before.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
That is good to hear. Because I would hate for someone to sell the house to someone that doesn't know and then EA deletes the house and that person's stuff is gone.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

If I remember correctly there is an old saying that went something like "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse."

Let's get real here, we know the INTENT is no housing in guardzones, if a glitch allows something temporarily it doesn't mean you get to keep it.!
In real life people have gone to jail by cashing checks erroniously sent to them for stupid amounts of money.

I see no reason why players should push the envelope on this.
Again IMHO

amen to that..

seriously, is nothing sacred??
i dont know why anyone would actually think this would be intended.
kinda like back in the day when you could place a house on a house, do you really THINK thats they way they intended it to work?

and to be honest, thats whats WRONG with this game.. people exploiting this and that for personal gain.. ..maybe i'm just a true veteran player with an unhealthy love for the game..

dragonsbane

dragonsbane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
This was posted on stratics.....from draconi

Hello all!

Publish 55 shipped with a bug that dropped guard zones in towns across Britannia.

This also dropped restrictions on placing houses, and several reports have come in of people placing new houses within towns. We have since published an update to fix the town zones.

Our stance on whether these houses will be allowed to remain is an unequivocal "No." If you placed a house in a guard zone, you should remove it immediately before we remove it for you.

(This will not affect grandfathered houses that have already been there for years)

Thanks!
-Draconi

P.S. The guard zone changes are slated for Publish 56, and will include all the other changes (that didn't slip through accidentally) for the war.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - Lead Designer - Ultima Online - EA Mythic

Posted Image

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
and that's that.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Hardly a surprise.

Veldrane

Veldrane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

P.S. The guard zone changes are slated for Publish 56, and will include all the other changes (that didn't slip through accidentally) for the war.

I guess I missed something but what guard zone changes is he talking about here?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Publish 55 accidentally lifted guardzones in certain areas in and around towns which allowed people to place houses there, where they were never allowed before. Now the guardzone issue has been identified and fixed, but some houses still remain and theyre gonna get whacked by GM's. Publish 55 was so big they ended up splitting some off it off into Publish 56 and this guardzone thing was accidentally left in Pub55.

dragonsbane

dragonsbane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Veldrane,
I looked thru all of draconi's other posts and could not find anything on the war or guard changes, the only thing i can hope is this is going to be part of the next "live event". I am excited as this is the first thing in along time i have read that indicates there will be another event soon... hopefully in pub 56

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
i hope so , the last event i was in game for was when the ophidians invaded vespar and skara brea . i realy enjoyed that and hope to have another great one soon that i can get in on from the start
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Veldrane

Veldrane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Veldrane,
I looked thru all of draconi's other posts and could not find anything on the war or guard changes, the only thing i can hope is this is going to be part of the next "live event". I am excited as this is the first thing in along time i have read that indicates there will be another event soon... hopefully in pub 56

Yeah, that's what I was hoping too. Just didn't know if he had expanded on what the changes to guard zones in 56 were and I'd missed them someplace.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
It was just announced on UO.com that all the newly placed homes in those guardzone areas will be deleted this coming Monday.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Housing in Guard Zones
Draconi
11 Sep 2008 12:14:52
UPDATED 12:15PM: We will be leaving the houses up until Monday. However, all houses still standing on Monday will be deleted with ALL items inside them, so please remove your items and drop the house yourself!
Hello all!

Publish 55 shipped with a bug that dropped guard zones in towns across Britannia.

This also dropped restrictions on placing houses, and several reports have come in of people placing new houses within towns. We have since published an update to fix the town zones.

Our stance on whether these houses will be allowed to remain is an unequivocal "No." If you placed a house in a guard zone, you should remove it immediately before we remove it for you.

(This will not affect grandfathered houses that have already been there for years)

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Heh, thought so.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I just saw a post on another website where someone was advertising an 18x18 in that area this morning. I sure hope no one gets scammed on this.

At the very least, EA/Mythic should disable the Trade House button on those houses ASAP if not already.

Stukov

Stukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Its official now they will DELETE all houses in the guard zones when fix comes live,so if you had in mind pushing your luck,DONT =)

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
They are taking down the houses even though they said they would let people get their items out. I happened across one in Felucca filled with loot.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Good, I'm glad they coming down faster. The longer left, the better the chance of someone getting scammed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Innara

Innara

Lady Jasmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was trying to place in one in these spots and it won't let you place any longer

Innara

Innara

Lady Jasmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
lol my page had not refreshed by the time those posts went up