Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Attention!! Attention!! Housing Open In Guard Zones - Keep Spot in Britain

- - - - - attention britain guard housing open spot zones

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Especially around Britain. There is even a Keep size spot. Stratics deleted my topic saying that this is an exploit. But this has happened in the past and they let people keep the houses. Go get yours before the guards return from their vacation tomorrow!

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
sorry..wheres the guard zone.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
There isn't any, that is why you can place. But only in the outlying regions, not in town.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Nice, for all we know, it might be a feature of the changes, heh.
Until I'm told otherwise by EA, I see no reason to delete this thread.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
umm dont seem to be true

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
This is absolutely true, just helped another person on Atlantic get a Tower. You can't place in all areas. Some will say housing cannot be placed there. But there are definite spots, especially the furthest away from town, where you can place.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Posted Image

The green area is where the guards used to be and you can now place. The red area is a place you cannot place even though guards are down. The blue X's show large house spots. The blue X by the mountain is where I placed a Keep.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I wouldn't be surprised if EA deleted all the houses in that zone though, heh.
If it's indeed a glitch due to the news on uoherald about guards.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
All they had to do was turn off the housing server to prevent anyone from placing houses. They've apparently known about this all day long and didn't do anything from what a Stratics moderator told me after removing my topic.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
ahh seems to be only brittain. i stand corrected.

Posted Image

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
No, you can do it in other towns too. Britain is just the only one with a lot of new space opening. For example in front of Moonglow you can place a 7x7 right in front of the 3 room building near the T intersection.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
guess i was just looking in the wrong town

Posted Image

brewrite

brewrite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
I Bet it causes a crash or something...

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I bet they get wiped.

AbbyRose

AbbyRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
I really want to place myself a tower, but I am hesitating because I fear it will just be deleted.

Posted Image

Lady Devika
// Legendary Tamer of Great Lakes

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Same here, too afraid to place, on the other hand, if they allow the houses to stay, I will hate myself for not placing.

Oh, the dilemma!

too bad, i can't try with a trial account ;)
If i place with my regular account - how long do I have till my old house decays? And can I still revert it? Meaning, destroy the now house and thus keep the old one?

Halister Marner

Halister Marner

Roleplayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
There's actually an 8x13 spot in a *very* cool location in Moonglow that could be placed that not many would think of, though I opted not to place, especially considering how heavy handed EA has been lately with enforcing policies.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Merion, once you place or purchase a new house your old one is condemned and nothing can save it, you have to either sell/transfer it to an account/person at least 2 weeks old within roughly 1 week before it decays completely and collapses.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Additionally, I thought about taking a roll of the dice and placing a house in West Brit too last night. The Keep spot JC mentioned was already taken on Chesapeake, but I found several other spots that would be great for mining or even just living near Brit.

Well, I already live near Brit(in Gyldenfeld) and there isnt much spawn. I have an 18x18 and would just be moving in closer to Brit with another large. Brit's not like it used to be, so whats the point of living even closer? Any serious vendoring is in and around Luna or moongates these days anyway.

After weighing the hassle of potentially condemning my perfectly fine old house and having to pack and move everything and potentially having a GM send me a canned response as it goes *poof* versus having a house just a little closer to Britain, well, it just didn't seem all that appealing anymore.

Juuuuust to be sure, so I could go to bed and not lay there 30 minutes wondering, I paged a GM and got a canned response with a knowledgebase article on the support website. Basically, it said housing is not allowed in justice regions, aka guardzones, aka where I was interested in placing a home. The guards being AWOL and thus the guardzone screw-up has been publicly acknowledged as both unintended and a software bug on the official website. I thought about pleading my case if I had placed a house there, but this isn't 2001 when houses can go for hundreds of dollars, there's actually an abundance of housing spots, even larger ones all over the place. I just decided it was in a grey area, a very dark grey area as opposed to light grey, lol and so let it go. I'm sure if the houses do get wiped there will be another round of screaming and Jeremy posting abrupt and restrained messages to tow the official policy(which is her job after all) and some people may get pissy, but I think it's quite apparent in the "spirit" of what is allowed and customary in the face of a software error that those houses won't make it.

On the other hand, well, at least we now have early intelligence on where the next attack will come. Make ready the defenses! Hoist the standard and raise the war banners! Let every good citizen prepare to come to the defense of their homeland!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
If I remember correctly there is an old saying that went something like "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse."

Let's get real here, we know the INTENT is no housing in guardzones, if a glitch allows something temporarily it doesn't mean you get to keep it.!
In real life people have gone to jail by cashing checks erroniously sent to them for stupid amounts of money.

I see no reason why players should push the envelope on this.
Again IMHO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"