Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Gargoyle Feet/Toes

- - - - - feet or toes gargoyle

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Anyone else notice that in some pics the Gargoyles have 3 front toes and in others it's just two? Maybe it's undecided how many they'll have yet, maybe it's just males have two and females three?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
One more thing, why is the Gargoyle in the marquee pic holding a SoulSeeker, an elf weapon?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
*Hopes it's because he just massacred all the elves in Heartwood with his bare hands and took it as a trophy*

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
pics please :P

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Female on right side, 3 toes
Posted Image

*All* other pics, males, have only 2 toes.
http://www.uoherald....s/art/index.php (Screens and Art)

...or, maybe... on males the third toe develops... somewhere else, heh

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
does it matter? These are just early concept sketches floated out when SA was annoucnced as a KR only expansion how long ago? Who knows if the artist(s) that came up with these early concepts are even working for EA any longer?

Gargoyles are going to change now that SA has been re-announced as a 2D and a new SA client. Who knows what direction they will take. These are old concepts which we can spectulate on, as usual new pictures will be released in dribs and drabs to keep the hype up.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Maybe the Garg females have J-Lo booties and need the extra digit to hold up the weight?=)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Thanks for the pics!
I have a tendency to pick up little things like that too, good catch!I think that the left & pictures are by different artists. I think the ones on the left look pretty fierce!
Anyone notice the female version looks a tiny bit like WoW's draenei char? I guess it will be hard not too with the horns :P
Posted Image

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
I thought you didn't want the public to know about your toons big heine Snuggs!?!?!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stukov

Stukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Im all good with gargoyles massacring heartwood,it could be a great event

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
I think, they changed the weapon in the hands of the gargoyle. From a soulseeker to a "normal" sword.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
If you go to http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/ and click on Game Overview and scroll down there's the one with the SoulSeeker-ish sword, looks like other details in the image are diff too like the main figure's wings and the background ppl in the lower right esp.

Cymbria Devereux

Cymbria Devereux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Why does everyone want my homeland torn apart? Why this silly human need for violence? I thought orcs were bad enough!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PoCove

PoCove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I may have to get the 7 char slot ... To do a Gargoyle character ..

As we know the are lots of look alike swords in Uo so it may not infact be a Soulseeker

Markus Balthazar

Markus Balthazar

Nerves of steel!!!!

• Members
  • 2,498 posts
I hope the game will be available on CD rom as well and have a extra seventho slot available with it too.
Posted Image

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Maybe the Garg females have J-Lo booties and need the extra digit to hold up the weight?=)

This thread got too weird for me too fast.

And that's from a guy who just watched Rapid Fire.

Maybe I should sleep more.

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
This doesn't have much to do with SA, but I noticed while playing on the KR client that the "enslaved gargoyles" had no wings. I went to a cave near Honor gate in Illsh to try and get some golem parts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia

This doesn't have much to do with SA, but I noticed while playing on the KR client that the "enslaved gargoyles" had no wings. I went to a cave near Honor gate in Illsh to try and get some golem parts.

If I were an evil overlord enslaving Gargoyles, the first thing I'd do is make sure they didn't fly off... Pretty much like clipping a birds' wings...

Of course, I am NOT an evil overlord, and prolly will play a Gargoyle when SA comes out, but if I were...
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Comicon

Comicon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
What it come down to is, none of the highly grafical designs they've come up with for gargoyles will matter in 2D, and KR just flat out visually hurts.
I for one would be more than happy to pay an extra buck or two a month just to bring back the 3D server.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Maybe the Soulseeker in the Gargoyles Hand is a reproduction of the sword based on his embueing skill. I think that's what the embueing skill is for. Capture a weapon, tear it apart to see how it works, then reproduce the weapon in a similiar if not better form.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feet or toes, gargoyle