Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Publish 55 to All Shards (posted 9/9/08)

- - - - - 55 publish shards

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
From UO Herald

Posted Image

Publish 55 to All Shards

Jeremy Dalberg
09 Sep 2008 17:20:45

Publish 55 will be published to all shards during their next regular maintenance (for the Japanese shards, we just missed them - it'll get published there during tomorrow's maintenance.)
To see the full Publish 55 notes, click here

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
err ... i just claimed my first reward of the new ones - the tree stump. Got a nice deed alright, but when I try to place it I get the message "You can only place this in a house you own!"

I mean, seriously, WTF?

teeshy

teeshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
I have 1 month til my account turns two - and I am so torn! I would LOVE to get rid of my ugly cloaks, and get a dress - but the deed box! That would be SO extremely handy!

Decisions decisions!

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Is the deed box account bound?

teeshy

teeshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Oh, I'd like to know that too - and how do you find out if it is or not? Some of the other rewards would be nice to know if they are account bound, and/or if they can be placed by people younger than the reward age (did that make sense? Sounded like a tongue twister as I was typing it =P)

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
The only item that's account bound to my knowledge is the full Soulstone.

Items that require an account age you can own and some you can even probably lock down, but you cannot use until you reach the required age of the item.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
This sucks...I mean it is great.... new rewards !!!!! I look at my account and I have 10 months until I can get the new rewards.<<<<that sucks!

But I am getting the deed box!

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I'm in the same boat. My UOnniversary is somewhere between April and August (depending on if the account age ever updates).

But I do plan on buying something when I have the gold to do so.

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
3 more months for me ....and then only a 1st year reward . i wish i had my original account , would be just over 10 years old now .............
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Mags

Mags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Is the deed box account bound?

I was wondering this .. asked in chat and got the go ahead so I used my youngest account to get the deed then left it in my much older accounts house. My other account can indeed use the deed box.. the answer is no it is NOT account bound.
Why hate and destroy when you can love and enjoy.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

I was wondering this .. asked in chat and got the go ahead so I used my youngest account to get the deed then left it in my much older accounts house. My other account can indeed use the deed box.. the answer is no it is NOT account bound.

Who can place the box? Just the chars in the account that owns the house, what about co-owners? When you place the box, can any other accounts access it?

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Yes Co-owners can place the box ... and you can set the security level for it as any other secured container :)

*cookie thumsb up* to the devs on this nifty addition :)

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
in response to tree stump house owner acct must place but once have deed age of acct with house does not matter.
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Lord Kynd wondered why the test was less than the usual week.

so much for Origin being a 'special' shard where publish's would sit for 1 week before progressing to the rest of the shards.
why was Origin created again ?

This was one of those situations where circumstances forced us to leave it on Origin for less time than we'd like. We had a bit of internal hardware go down last week (that's why we didn't do the client patch on Thursday) which forced us to delay the Origin publish until Monday. We would have been happier with a week on Origin, but we didn't want to delay the publish yet another week for it.

Jeremy_EAMythic

UO Community Coordinator

~~~~

Lord Kynd responded with

ok,
this is 'buyable' once and a while, but this has been happening everytime.
Origin was used like it was designed for what.. 2 publishes ? now all of a sudden it is a shard like any other shard.

transfers should not have been allowed , at least from there to any other shard. that woulda helped secure it as it was ment to be.

There's only so far we can push back the live date without squeezing us further down the road. It's not anyone's favorite situation, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

E. Jeremy Dalberg,
Mythic Entertainment

www.uoherald.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
He's smoking something....every time we've had a publish, we've had it for a week or more until this one and one other.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

err ... i just claimed my first reward of the new ones - the tree stump. Got a nice deed alright, but when I try to place it I get the message "You can only place this in a house you own!"

I mean, seriously, WTF?

All house deco deeds that I know of are like that. If you ARE in a house that you own, sometimes that error comes up when you 2x click the deed and then target someplace where the deed cannot be placed, particularly when too close to the wall. I've always assumed that for whatever reason, the game is erroneously thinking I'm clicking outside the wall due to the circle of transparency, and therefore thinks I'm trying to place the item outside the house. But that's just my guess.

And the deed box - wicked awesome!! Must get one! Though I only have a few rewards to pick amongst my accounts, and I need a few ethy cu sidhes! (No, I won't replace ALL of the polar bears...) :)

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
Oooohhhh! :eusa_drool: Deed box!!!! :eusa_drool: No more frog-hopping resources!:eusa_drool:
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Now if they could make more things deedable...

*cough blank scrolls cough*

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
*coughs*

Arcane Gems (but, of course, they'd have to stack first), green thorns, orange petals, blue diamonds, purple horseshoes...

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 55, publish, shards